Time for this Shanahan experiment to be ended.

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:16 pm

1niksder wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:I don't think Haslett is here next season ... but ....

Jim works for Mike and I'm fairly sure that Mike will be back ... so ...

Jim might still be here as DC if Mike thinks he's the best for this job - Mike & Bruce gave Jim the job .. so they might still want him here

[-X Mike gave Jim and Bruce their jobs

I thought that Allen was in place when Mike came in and they brought in Haslett?

I'd love to have hired my Boss :shock:

:oops: - sorry am I missing something here ... ???
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:21 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
1niksder wrote:

Jim might still be here as DC if Mike thinks he's the best for this job - Mike & Bruce gave Jim the job .. so they might still want him here

I thought that Allen was in place when Mike came in and they brought in Haslett?

Apparently, your memory. :twisted:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:33 pm

:roll: - OK - what have I lost track of here ...

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:33 pm

Deadskins wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:
1niksder wrote:

ROTFALMAO
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Postby skinsfan#33 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:38 am

SkinsJock wrote:
1niksder wrote:

While Bruce was in place before Mike, Mike was the one that let it be know that he wanted to have Bruce to help him with his GM duties.

In other words, Snyder was hiring Mike no matter what, but Mike couldn't come in until Zorn wa gone. Mike refused to take over in the middle of the season, but they had no problem with showing Vinnie the door and brining in Bruce.

Make no mistake, Allen owes his job to Mike.

By the way, Mike is Allen's boss, not the other easy round.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:34 am

1niksder wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:
1niksder wrote:

ROTFALMAO

I must be missing something ...
Let me clarify ... Mike got Snyder to hire Bruce ... Snyder then hired mike to be both head coach and to run the front office ... Mike hired Jim Haslett as DC

I think mike comes back ... He MAY also bring Jim back

I'm not sure what JSPB is referring to .... But that's not unusual. .... :hmm:

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:58 am

skinsfan#33 wrote:By the way, Mike is Allen's boss, not the other easy round.

Not in title, at least.

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:52 pm

riggofan wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:Wow yep end of the world, riggofan will accept a point of view from me?? Israel will invade Gaza by morning and Iran will fire off it's first nuke by Sunday......

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Keeping my head down... :)

I never really know what to think about coordinators - especially judging a single game or a single season - but you make some good points.

I've coached soccer at a pretty high level for the past 15 years, so I kind of sympathize with Haz on the question of talent. You can be a good coach, but sometimes you just don't have the players.

On the other hand, it does seem like there are other coordinators out there getting it done. I read this comment about Mike Zimmer somewhere today:

"If you look at the Bengals defense, they have Geno Atkins, an absolute star, and Carlos Dunlap. That's about it. Somehow, Zimmer has Terence Newman of all people playing well, and he's getting production out of dopes like Pacman Jones and Vontaze Burfict."

Truth?

riggofan the biggest issue with Jim Haslett is number one what has he actually shown to called a good DC? Honestly he lost both jobs in New Orleans and St. Louis. He was a respectable player yes but coach and a coordinator at that I am not so sure. Also I think we have pretty good talent across the board. I mean come on they are in the NFL so they all have to be pretty good. Why is it so unheard of to actually look at what you have a defense and tailor your calls and schemes to what your roster of defensive players do best? Maybe the lack of good coaching what Mann and Green spoke on as well as Haslett simply not being good enough or actually smart enough to get the best out of this defense. I mean damn Haslett is so retarded he can't even have several blitzes to call, he calls the same one. Sorry I have actually looked at what we have and more and more the issue more than anything is HASLETT and his INABILITY to even determine or know how to get his defense to play as they should......He also needs to bench #41 and he should have been benched 6 weeks ago injuries or not, hell Gnomes makes mistakes but he surely isn't as bad as that piece of crap Haslett has continuing to start.......

Postby skinsfan#33 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:57 am

Deadskins wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:By the way, Mike is Allen's boss, not the other easy round.

Not in title, at least.

See you're stuck on the HC / GM titles. The title that matters is VP of football operations. Both Mike and Bruce hold that title, but Mike has final say on ALL football matters and on a football team isn't that all that matters.

Final say = boss.

Besides Mike asked the Danny to hire Bruce. I know Bruce came first, but he owers his job to Mike, not the other way round.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:17 am

I agree that Shanahan picks the players and Bruce's job is more the contractual portion of the business. So saying "final say" is the same thing, and is irrelevant to my point. The Danny, being the owner, has the final say, and he might just enjoy Bruce's ties to the past glory years. Lots of coaches would like to pick their own players.

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:59 am

We all understand who is where at the top here ...

Snyder is the owner who finally gave up making a supreme mess of this franchise ...

Mike 'indicated' to Snyder that the only way that he would come here was for Snyder to not be a part of the football operations

Bruce Allen was hired by Snyder with the understanding that Mike & Bruce would eventually be running things here ...

Dan Snyder is obviously the owner and has the 'final say' - I also think that Snyder is 'included in discussions' but IMO this franchise is now managed by Mike & Bruce with Mike as the lead guy

these 2 have made some huge mistakes but ....

things ARE getting better

however - the OC, DC AND HC really need to pick their game up ... a lot :roll:

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:11 am

Any way you look at it 'the Danny" still is only one step away from the HC. Bruce needs to be the Prez of Football Ops, and he needs to hire a GM. That would put two people in between "the Danny" and HC
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:27 am

DaSkinz Baby wrote:riggofan the biggest issue with Jim Haslett is number one what has he actually shown to called a good DC? Honestly he lost both jobs in New Orleans and St. Louis. He was a respectable player yes but coach and a coordinator at that I am not so sure.

Yeah I can buy that. There seem to be DCs out there who are consistently good and others who have a really good year and ride that into a head coaching position.

Still not sure I agree with the Redskins being "talented across the board" though man. Yes, these are all NFL players, but there is a difference between Calvin Johnson and Aldrick Robinson, wouldn't you agree? We have some good players, but I would argue we're average at best at most positions outside of QB.

Now what I really want to know is who wrote last week that I was "crazy if I thought the Redskins would beat the eagles". Was that YOU DaSkinz??? :)

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:05 am

1niksder wrote:Any way you look at it 'the Danny" still is only one step away from the HC. Bruce needs to be the Prez of Football Ops, and he needs to hire a GM. That would put two people in between "the Danny" and HC

THAT is a concern to me ...

I know that Mike is most likely here next season and so things are not likely to change at the top ...

give me Bruce Allen as President of Football Operations and Bill Polian as GM

- then I'd like to see Mike out as HC and for him to take Kyle with him ...

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:36 am

1niksder wrote:Any way you look at it 'the Danny" still is only one step away from the HC. Bruce needs to be the Prez of Football Ops, and he needs to hire a GM. That would put two people in between "the Danny" and HC

I would like that. Anything to get Danny further away from making football related decisions.

That said -- never gonna happen. Danny, being as narcastic as they come, couldn't do that to himself.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football