Garcon - injury Bust....???

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
DarthMonk
Posts: 4371
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:19 pm

Countertrey wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:Spam?
Who would know better than you? :lowblow:


:D

Seriously, what was up with all those "spam" threads at 11:30 last night? Was I imagining things?

:hmm:

BTW - never liked the stuff.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

**********
User avatar
Posts: 16744
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:45 pm
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:32 pm

DarthMonk wrote:
Countertrey wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:Spam?
Who would know better than you? :lowblow:


:D

Seriously, what was up with all those "spam" threads at 11:30 last night? Was I imagining things?

:hmm:

BTW - never liked the stuff.


He's gone
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

JSPB22
Online
User avatar
Posts: 16026
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:00 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:Now I'm thinking what will happen is this: Garcon toys around with the idea of playing for the next seven weeks, taking maybe 10 snaps without any positive results. Then in the offseason he'll take it real easy, coming into camp in so-so shape, but swearing that his toe feels good. In week 2 of preseason something snaps, he's off to IR, and Garcon finally agrees to have the surgery that it sounds like he should already have had by now . . . and we won't see him take the field until September 2014.

Or he could totally tear the thing playing in these last 7 games, be forced to get the surgery now, and we'll see him for training camp next year. Not that I want that to happen. I'm just sayin'.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

swine
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 5:13 pm

Postby masterkwon » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:58 am

[quote="Irn-Bru"]I have a bad feeling about Garcon. He was about as good as we could have done this FA, but you have to wonder whether we'll end up regretting the acquisition.

The odds are definitely against Pierre because generally it's a career ending move to move to DC. You can count the number of FA on one hand who's career maintained or got better, certainly since the Little One took over.

FanFromAnnapolis
Posts: 11050
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:01 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby Irn-Bru » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:14 pm

masterkwon wrote:The odds are definitely against Pierre because generally it's a career ending move to move to DC. You can count the number of FA on one hand who's career maintained or got better, certainly since the Little One took over.


:roll:
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

piggie
Posts: 122
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:46 pm

Postby capitaldefense » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:08 pm

Surgery is the only thing that will fix this injury, he should go ahead and have it.

swine
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 5:13 pm

Postby masterkwon » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:56 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:
masterkwon wrote:The odds are definitely against Pierre because generally it's a career ending move to move to DC. You can count the number of FA on one hand who's career maintained or got better, certainly since the Little One took over.


:roll:[/quote

Props on the emoticon. That's gold!

FanFromAnnapolis
Posts: 11050
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:01 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby Irn-Bru » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:48 pm

masterkwon wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:
masterkwon wrote:The odds are definitely against Pierre because generally it's a career ending move to move to DC. You can count the number of FA on one hand who's career maintained or got better, certainly since the Little One took over.


:roll:


Props on the emoticon. That's gold!


Oh, I've tried answering your posts with logic and reason before. Never seen a response after that. So I was just taking the shortcut this time.

;)
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

swine
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 5:13 pm

Postby masterkwon » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:20 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:
masterkwon wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:
masterkwon wrote:The odds are definitely against Pierre because generally it's a career ending move to move to DC. You can count the number of FA on one hand who's career maintained or got better, certainly since the Little One took over.


:roll:


Props on the emoticon. That's gold!


Oh, I've tried answering your posts with logic and reason before. Never seen a response after that. So I was just taking the shortcut this time.

;)


Knuckle Bump...

FanFromAnnapolis
Posts: 11050
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:01 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby Irn-Bru » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:29 pm

Nah. Save it for the next incarnation of your buddy the poster. In the meantime, you can make up other nicknames for Dan Snyder that only you will use or know the meaning for.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog
Posts: 2238
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:05 pm
Location: Midland, VA

Postby Kilmer72 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:05 pm

For a while there, I thought I was the only one that figured that Irn.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1952
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:36 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Postby emoses14 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:43 pm

yeah, total bust that garcon guy:

“I’m sure he was sore, but a lot players are sore and are going to work through it,” Shanahan said of Garçon on Friday. “Very proud of the way he handled himself.”
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog
Posts: 1056
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:27 pm
Location: Arlington, VA (Ballston)

Postby ACW » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:29 am

Um, yeah. No. :lol:

FanFromAnnapolis
Posts: 11050
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:01 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:10 am

Irn-Bru wrote:Now I'm thinking what will happen is this: Garcon toys around with the idea of playing for the next seven weeks, taking maybe 10 snaps without any positive results. Then in the offseason he'll take it real easy, coming into camp in so-so shape, but swearing that his toe feels good. In week 2 of preseason something snaps, he's off to IR, and Garcon finally agrees to have the surgery that it sounds like he should already have had by now . . . and we won't see him take the field until September 2014.


Have to admit I was totally wrong on this one. I must have thought we were talking about the '03 or '09 Skins. My bad. :oops:

Go Garcon, go!
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1952
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:36 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Postby emoses14 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:15 am

Irn-Bru wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:Now I'm thinking what will happen is this: Garcon toys around with the idea of playing for the next seven weeks, taking maybe 10 snaps without any positive results. Then in the offseason he'll take it real easy, coming into camp in so-so shape, but swearing that his toe feels good. In week 2 of preseason something snaps, he's off to IR, and Garcon finally agrees to have the surgery that it sounds like he should already have had by now . . . and we won't see him take the field until September 2014.


Have to admit I was totally wrong on this one. I must have thought we were talking about the '03 or '09 Skins. My bad. :oops:

Go Garcon, go!


=D>

If only others around here could admit when they are wrong (see, K. Shanahan and play calling) :nana:
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football