Anybody want AA back?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:02 am

WHY?

just because ... - :shock:

NO THANKS - we need the guys that are here (players AND coaches) to do better
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:05 am

Sign AA and cut Banks.. seems to make the most sense to me.
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:09 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:Sign AA and cut Banks.. seems to make the most sense to me.

OK -I'll agree with looking at that :lol:

Banks has certainly not helped his case recently .. :roll:
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:36 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:Sign AA and cut Banks.. seems to make the most sense to me.

I'd rather get Terrence Austin back, but I agree that Banks should be replaced with someone who can contribute.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:49 am

- AA, eh...

- Banks, he's done.

- I expect to see a difference at the WR going into the Eagles game. I expect we'll see more Dez Briscoe, that's if his blocking is up to par. Hankerson has been disappointing to put it mildly. A mix up needs to happen and that's the easiest place to have it occur. Moss has been productive in the slot. Morgan has been stepping up more and more but has a ways to go.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:52 am

Yep. That's kind of what I was wondering about, LPJ.

Postby skinsfan#33 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:25 pm

I don't think Banks is going anywhere. He was on the field for the last play against the Panthers because we just don't have anyone else that would have a chance of taking a ball to the house (not counting RG3). That isn't my opinion that is what Grant Paulsen (106.7 Skins beat reporter) said was the team's rationale.

Banks hasn't broken a long PR for several reasons and the furthest down the list is him! The D is simply not forcing very many punts and when they do a lot are from mid field so they aren't returnable. The blocking has been BAD! Of course Banks could do a better job, but he is far from the top of the list of problems on this team.

Ditch Robinson or Donnie Brasco before you ditch Banks, talk about a Banks being a non factor!!! I thought those two had gone into the witness protection program. The only thing they have done is drop multiple TDs and cost us games.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

#######

Postby The Hogster » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:37 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:
The Hogster wrote:He's been cut by two teams who have no receivers. No thanks.

Three if you count our team.

+1

And, Banks is not going anywhere. Returners often go stretches without a TD. He's got to have opportunities. I say give Briscoe more PT.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Postby skinsfan#33 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:38 pm

The Hogster wrote:I say give Briscoe more PT.

Only if he gets some stick um fit his hands. I'm tired of him dropping game changing TDs. I think he has more TD drops than catches.

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:24 pm

I'd do that, but AA would probably be cut after the season........
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:35 pm

The Hogster wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:
The Hogster wrote:He's been cut by two teams who have no receivers. No thanks.

Three if you count our team.

+1

And, Banks is not going anywhere. Returners often go stretches without a TD. He's got to have opportunities. I say give Briscoe more PT.

I'm not concerned with this TDs as much as his consistency.
- He is averaging 6.2 yards per punt return. Only one other PR has a lower average with 15 or more attempts (and it's by .1 yard).
- Has negative receiving yards in November.
- He's 20th in the league on kickoff returns

Briscoe has dropped a ton of balls this year. I will cut him some slack, but not much.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:44 am

I see no harm in signing him, since he does give us some much needed speed and a potential deep threat.

Hog

Postby mastdark81 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:39 pm

Im tired of people talkimg about speed. Speed dont win games good players win games. We still have one of the best offenses in the league. We have to get better in the redzone and give our receivers multiple opportunities per game to make big plays.

Rg3 gotta go deep at least 4 times per game. You cant go once and to the same giy every week. We use what we have and play these guys to their strengths. Wat happened to the out route that rg3 was so great at they said in camp? Kyle bunch our guys up amd limit ourselves most the time.

Pack dbs and lbs in the middle. you stop rg3s first read. if i know it defensive coaches know it.

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:21 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:- AA, eh...

- Banks, he's done.

- I expect to see a difference at the WR going into the Eagles game. I expect we'll see more Dez Briscoe, that's if his blocking is up to par. Hankerson has been disappointing to put it mildly. A mix up needs to happen and that's the easiest place to have it occur. Moss has been productive in the slot. Morgan has been stepping up more and more but has a ways to go.

Morgan will eventually be our Gary Clark. I see similarities. He will drop some but make the plays. He was a good pick up.

Postby skinsfan#33 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:28 am

Kilmer72 wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:- AA, eh...

- Banks, he's done.

Morgan will eventually be our Gary Clark. I see similarities. He will drop some but make the plays. He was a good pick up.

I'm sorry, Morgan isn't even a Ricky Sanders, let alone a Gary Clark! He isn't a third of the WR Clark was. Clark'$ career (if you count his USFL numbers) are better than or at least comparable to Michael Irvin's and he is in the HoF.

No, Morgan will never be our Clark! The closest player in the NFCE to Clark is Victor Cruise. So, if you think Morgan can develop into a Victor Cruise type player then you have much more faith in JM than I do.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football