Redskins' Head Coach Next Year?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Whom would you prefer as our head coach next year?

John "Chucky" Gruden (announcer)
38%
Brian Schottenheimer (OC Rams)
15%
Sean Payton (Unemployed)
31%
Keith Butler (DC Colts)
No votes
Other
15%

Total votes : 13
Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:39 pm

SkinsJock wrote:I pointed out that I would prefer someone other than Mike Shanahan but I do think that Mike will be the HC

I agree with this statement.

On another note, I remember getting flammed for saying I didn't understand all the hoopla over Hankerson last year. When he got hurt all everyone seemed to keep saying was how much "potential" he had. He's awful. And most of our draft picks under Shanahan have been pretty worthless on the whole.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:41 pm

:shock: hopefully there are some fans here that will just leave the site out of frustration next season as well ROTFALMAO
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.”

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:03 pm

SkinsJock wrote::shock: hopefully there are some fans here that will just leave the site out of frustration next season as well ROTFALMAO

Huh?

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:32 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:On another note, I remember getting flammed for saying I didn't understand all the hoopla over Hankerson last year. When he got hurt all everyone seemed to keep saying was how much "potential" he had. He's awful. And most of our draft picks under Shanahan have been pretty worthless on the whole.

Don't break out the "I told you so" just yet. He's the leading WR on the team.

I read a pretty good breakdown of Shanahan's draft history with the Skins to date. The thing that stood out was that half of his draft picks have been in the 6th/7th rounds. If you're saying most of his draft picks have been worthless you can kind of see why.

IMO the biggest problem with Shanahan's drafts so far hasn't been that he can't pick players. Williams, Riley, Kerrigan, RGIII, Morris, Jenkins, Hankerson, Helu, Neild, etc; Its that he traded away high picks for McNabb and Jammal Brown. That first year was just a waste.

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:12 pm

riggofan wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:On another note, I remember getting flammed for saying I didn't understand all the hoopla over Hankerson last year. When he got hurt all everyone seemed to keep saying was how much "potential" he had. He's awful. And most of our draft picks under Shanahan have been pretty worthless on the whole.

Don't break out the "I told you so" just yet. He's the leading WR on the team.

I read a pretty good breakdown of Shanahan's draft history with the Skins to date. The thing that stood out was that half of his draft picks have been in the 6th/7th rounds. If you're saying most of his draft picks have been worthless you can kind of see why.

IMO the biggest problem with Shanahan's drafts so far hasn't been that he can't pick players. Williams, Riley, Kerrigan, RGIII, Morris, Jenkins, Hankerson, Helu, Neild, etc; Its that he traded away high picks for McNabb and Jammal Brown. That first year was just a waste.

I'm not saying "I told you so", just I never saw the potential others claimed to have seen last year. Outside of RGIII, Kerrigan, and Riley I just don't see what others have done to contribute to wins for this team. But I see what you're saying about trading away picks. But that still puts the blame squarely on Shanny's shoulders.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:59 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:
SkinsJock wrote::shock: hopefully there are some fans here that will just leave the site out of frustration next season as well ROTFALMAO

Huh?

:roll: that was not directed at you - there are many here that are irritated with the franchise, the FO, the coaches and any fans that don't support their views

it's just 'old' - we're all tired of it but there is a lot more hope this season

RG3 is starting to show why we made one of the greatest trades EVER - TOTAL steal :D
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.”

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:12 pm

:shock: for all the griping about Mike - the POLL shows that of 33 who voted - 21 prefer Mike to anyone else as HC here next season

Now that's a mandate :lol:

#######

Postby The Hogster » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:46 pm

I say let Mike continue on for at least the duration of his contract and perhaps beyond. We are still a ways off, but it only takes one good year to inspire confidence in this team again. Getting the Offense & Defense to be good at the same time would help.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:04 pm

The Hogster wrote:I say let Mike continue on for at least the duration of his contract and perhaps beyond. We are still a ways off, but it only takes one good year to inspire confidence in this team again. Getting the Offense & Defense to be good at the same time would help.

I agree...

And, frankly, I don't think he's that far off... Secondary is an issue... A third strong pass rusher wouldn't hurt. Receivers who actually receive... some depth on the OL...

And, figure out why the hell so many of our players can't stay on the field.

Consider... we are possibly 2 temper tantrums, a sleeping safety, and 11 dropped passes away from 7-2.

But... we shall see.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:14 pm

Countertrey wrote:
The Hogster wrote:I say let Mike continue on for at least the duration of his contract and perhaps beyond. We are still a ways off, but it only takes one good year to inspire confidence in this team again. Getting the Offense & Defense to be good at the same time would help.

I agree...

And, frankly, I don't think he's that far off... Secondary is an issue... A third strong pass rusher wouldn't hurt. Receivers who actually receive... some depth on the OL...

And, figure out why the hell so many of our players can't stay on the field.

Consider... we are possibly 2 temper tantrums, a sleeping safety, and 11 dropped passes away from 7-2.

But... we shall see.

Every team needs a little bit of luck to have a good season, and it seems like the Redskins have been having a two decade-long run of bad luck. :(
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:01 pm

SkinsJock wrote:For those that may have not looked at the poll very closely ...

the POLL question was Whom would you PREFER as HC next season

I pointed out that I would prefer someone other than Mike Shanahan but I do think that Mike WILL BE the HC

Thanks. I chose the wording carefully.

I think Shanahan will return. I'd prefer someone else.

Actually, I'd prefer anyone on the list.

Very troubling if any of this is true:

From por-tiz2skins ~

- People around the organization thinks Shanny is a bafoon and a overpriced idiot.

-Sowlik is trying to prevent Raheem the DC and some people inside the organization on defensive staff dont want him as the DC.

-Kyle Shanahan will likely not come back-

-We midiognized Garcon and made his injury much worst and are forcing him to come back and play to try and win some to save Shannys job.

-Coaches are arguing more than gameplanning are are not getting along at all.

-Danny forced Shanny to backtrack what he said and made it seem more positive

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:23 pm

DarthMonk wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:For those that may have not looked at the poll very closely ...

the POLL question was Whom would you PREFER as HC next season

I pointed out that I would prefer someone other than Mike Shanahan but I do think that Mike WILL BE the HC

Thanks. I chose the wording carefully.

I think Shanahan will return. I'd prefer someone else.

Actually, I'd prefer anyone on the list.

Very troubling if any of this is true:

From por-tiz2skins ~

- People around the organization thinks Shanny is a bafoon and a overpriced idiot.

-Sowlik is trying to prevent Raheem the DC and some people inside the organization on defensive staff dont want him as the DC.

-Kyle Shanahan will likely not come back-

-We midiognized Garcon and made his injury much worst and are forcing him to come back and play to try and win some to save Shannys job.

-Coaches are arguing more than gameplanning are are not getting along at all.

-Danny forced Shanny to backtrack what he said and made it seem more positive

DarthMonk

Funny thing is, I listened to that broadcast (I think a couple of kids did it in their basement), and they said Shannahan was working on an extension. They never said he was likely not coming back. They also were talking about Slowik, but I can't find any information on that ANYWHERE. Is there something that I'm missing? I'm just not too sure I take what I heard as very credible.
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:49 pm

^^^ when in doubt - trust your gut feeling :wink:

there are a lot of fans that don't have a clue about what's happening here and while I personally don't like Mike ...

he's most likely the HC here next season and the sky's the limit IMO

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:00 am

If this team continues to fight in the last 7 games, Shanny should be given another year at least. If the team quits on him, I think you have to entertain a change, and if that change occurs, it HAS to be Polian. Polian brings in a coach, and builds around RG3. Maybe even elevate Allen to President. I do not advocate this unless a total team quit this year.
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:36 am

chiefhog44 wrote:If this team continues to fight in the last 7 games, Shanny should be given another year at least. If the team quits on him, I think you have to entertain a change, and if that change occurs, it HAS to be Polian. Polian brings in a coach, and builds around RG3. Maybe even elevate Allen to President. I do not advocate this unless a total team quit this year.

+1

let's get back to the fact that we still have 7 games to play ...

many here are frustrated as hell but the worst thing to do is to get rid of coaches in the middle of the season unless they have REALLY done badly

Mike would have let Jim go if that was the case AND There is no way that Dan is getting rid of Mike at this time

I'm not sure who is going to be the HC, DC OR OC but I do think that decision is not made until AFTER this season is done

I think Mike is still here next season barring a meltdown and he's a better HC than that :lol:

hell - look at all the fans that voted here - they OVERWHELMINGLY, WANT Mike back as HC :lol:
just like the recent elections - we have BO for the next term - Mike also should be given another term :twisted:

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football