Redskins' Head Coach Next Year?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Whom would you prefer as our head coach next year?

John "Chucky" Gruden (announcer)
5
38%
Brian Schottenheimer (OC Rams)
2
15%
Sean Payton (Unemployed)
4
31%
Keith Butler (DC Colts)
0
No votes
Other
2
15%
 
Total votes : 13
Hog
Posts: 521
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:25 pm
Location: Clarksburg

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:09 am

andyjens89 wrote:Cap space is Shanahan's fault :roll: We had upwards of $35mm until Mara and Goodell said we violated the imaginary salary cap.

No first rounders = potential hall of fame QB. Either that or be stuck with someone who isn't RGIII....

You're really saying signing some vet min guys is poor FA signings? It's not like they threw $100mm at Haynesworth again.

Cullen Jenkins is not an improvement over Bowen. Fletcher is having a rough year, but he's had some injury issues. He was fantastic the past two years.

"Shanny per Jay Glazer did not like Shannys comments" Makes sense to me...

Horrible picks include: Riley, Kerrigan, Jenkins, Helu, Hankerson, Robinson, Paul, Neild... really not that bad

Haslett may not be the best coach, but we don't have very good players in the secondary. They suck, it's more than just coaching.

Kyle is not going to be a head coach next year. No way.

Philly's defense is awful this year, have you looked at the stats or watched them play?


Dude you seem to forget one fact ANY AND EVERY TEAM THAT PLAYS US LOOKS LIKE A SUPERBOWL TEAM. Did you not just see a 1-6 team beat us at home? Do you think the Panthers are better than the Eagles? LMAO if you do I want what you are drinking. It wouldn't surprise me if the Eagles drop 49 points on us. Andy Reid against Jim Haslett isn't a good match dude!!

CKRGiii
Posts: 4025
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:15 am

:yawn:
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4191
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Postby riggofan » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:59 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:Dude you seem to forget one fact ANY AND EVERY TEAM THAT PLAYS US LOOKS LIKE A SUPERBOWL TEAM. Did you not just see a 1-6 team beat us at home? Do you think the Panthers are better than the Eagles? LMAO if you do I want what you are drinking. It wouldn't surprise me if the Eagles drop 49 points on us. Andy Reid against Jim Haslett isn't a good match dude!!


Anything can happen in these NFC east games, maybe you're right about the 49 points. Wouldn't surprise me either way.

We'll find out soon enough about Panthers v. Eagles. They play in two weeks. If I was betting, I think I'd take Cam Newton/Panthers over Nick Foles/Eagles. Panthers lost to the Falcons on a crazy last minute fumble. Eagles lost to the Falcons in a 30-17 a**-whipping. Panthers are 4th in the NFL with 3 sacks per game. The Eagles' o-line has lost what? 4 starters to injury? I'm not really sure what you're basing the greatness of the Eagles on this season.

And this is just a clownish statement about "every team looks like a super bowl team" against us. 5 of our 7 losses were decided by 7 points or less. But why let facts get in the way of your whining?

FanFromAnnapolis
Posts: 10962
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:01 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:24 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:Dude you seem to forget one fact ANY AND EVERY TEAM THAT PLAYS US LOOKS LIKE A SUPERBOWL TEAM.


Hmm.

Except for the Saints, Bucs, Falcons, Vikings, and Giants. And Atlanta looked vulnerable too.

So if we stretch our imagination in your favor, you are only 2/3rds wrong. That is much better than your batting average, so I concede this was a pretty good point for you. ;)
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog
Posts: 521
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:25 pm
Location: Clarksburg

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:41 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:Dude you seem to forget one fact ANY AND EVERY TEAM THAT PLAYS US LOOKS LIKE A SUPERBOWL TEAM.


Hmm.

Except for the Saints, Bucs, Falcons, Vikings, and Giants. And Atlanta looked vulnerable too.

So if we stretch our imagination in your favor, you are only 2/3rds wrong. That is much better than your batting average, so I concede this was a pretty good point for you. ;)


Look at the overall issue, in most cases teams we are "supposed" to beat we lose to, hence the comment about looking like a superbowl team. It amazes me how many people on here are content with us losing by a few points. What's the difference if you lose by 1, 10 or 100 it's still a loss. I guess the Wizards are good too because they have come close! Have you all thought that perhaps the other teams chose not to put more points up as to make it look not as bad as it could have been??? Just saying think outside the box and stop giving this moronic coaching staff credit it doesn't deserve!!

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15740
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:51 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:Have you all thought that perhaps the other teams chose not to put more points up as to make it look not as bad as it could have been???

That's laughable. It's not like the other teams had insurmountable leads. Heck, most of them were trailing at some point in the 4th quarter. Why would they let up if they didn't have at least a two score lead?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

FanFromAnnapolis
Posts: 10962
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:01 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:57 pm

Look at the overall issue, in most cases teams we are "supposed" to beat we lose to, hence the comment about looking like a superbowl team.

Yes, a total non sequitur.


It amazes me how many people on here are content with us losing by a few points.

Please show me an example of someone saying "I'm content that we lose by a few points."

Don't have one? I thought not.


Have you all thought that perhaps the other teams chose not to put more points up as to make it look not as bad as it could have been???

ROTFALMAO

That would be an amazing conspiracy. I bet they do it so that Snyder won't get mad and fire Shanny, and that way they get to keep playing against an incompetent coach! Now that is some long-term planning. :lol:
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 789
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:44 am
Location: Italy

Postby everydayAskinsday » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:23 pm

I could very easily see Dan Snyder giving into his constant need for change in the pursuit of the big name coach..

IMO a perfect storm is brewing.. Mike and Kyle have shown that to a degree the read option can work in the NFL with the right QB ( which we have ) and the big name coach who is the new hot commodity will be Chip Kelly this year who has nearly perfected a similar offense at Oregon and is being rumored to be looking to head to the NFL this year after almost agreeing to coaching the BUCS last year

let me be clear in saying I DO NOT want this to happen and I do think Mike will be back BUT nothing surprises me with this team and Chip Kelly is setting up to be the classic Dan Snyder move and once an addict always an addict, IF we continue to struggle and the calls for Mike to be fired get louder than who knows how things will play out.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4191
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Postby riggofan » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:42 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:Look at the overall issue, in most cases teams we are "supposed" to beat we lose to, hence the comment about looking like a superbowl team.


This "supposed to beat" thing is equally clownish. Everybody was saying we were "supposed to beat" the Rams when we played them. Did you see the Rams against the 49ers last Sunday? Yeah, probably a little better than we thought. How about the Bucs? Better than we thought. Anybody looking at NFL games and saying this team is SUPPOSED to beat this team is a sucker.

DaSkinz Baby wrote:It amazes me how many people on here are content with us losing by a few points. What's the difference if you lose by 1, 10 or 100 it's still a loss.


Dude, you're free to set up these straw men, but your argument is still just as lame. Nobody said they were content to lose by a few points. You wrote that the Skins have been making every team look like the 85 Bears this season. Sorry but that is demonstrably not true. The games have been close.

Nice try on changing your argument though.

Hog
Posts: 521
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:25 pm
Location: Clarksburg

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:08 pm

riggofan wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:Look at the overall issue, in most cases teams we are "supposed" to beat we lose to, hence the comment about looking like a superbowl team.


This "supposed to beat" thing is equally clownish. Everybody was saying we were "supposed to beat" the Rams when we played them. Did you see the Rams against the 49ers last Sunday? Yeah, probably a little better than we thought. How about the Bucs? Better than we thought. Anybody looking at NFL games and saying this team is SUPPOSED to beat this team is a sucker.

DaSkinz Baby wrote:It amazes me how many people on here are content with us losing by a few points. What's the difference if you lose by 1, 10 or 100 it's still a loss.


Dude, you're free to set up these straw men, but your argument is still just as lame. Nobody said they were content to lose by a few points. You wrote that the Skins have been making every team look like the 85 Bears this season. Sorry but that is demonstrably not true. The games have been close.

Nice try on changing your argument though.


My argument is just as lame as the records this team has had since the "Hall of Fame" coach has been here. #NuffSaid

08 Champ
Posts: 12916
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:57 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:My argument is just as lame as the records this team has had since the "Hall of Fame" coach has been here.


:shock: you heard it first here and straight from the horses' mouth :lol:

your posts lately have been a bit lame if you want my opinion - thanks for confirming that

look - we've got some issues but we also have RG3

EVERYONE here is pretty sick and tired of waiting but I think the wait is almost over - there have been some good teams that we've lost to that have had to pull games out at the very end - this franchise is close


I'm looking forward to seeing how we finish and then watching the developments this off season - I will say one thing - next season will be a lot of fun to be a Redskins fan - hell - it's a lot more fun watching this bunch this season even with all the issues we've had

It's getting to be fun watching our games again - the last 7 or 8 years have not been at all fun to watch or to even look forward to the next season
Hail to the Redskins

Hog
Posts: 688
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:12 pm

Re: Redskins' Head Coach Next Year?

Postby por-tiz2skins » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:08 pm

1niksder wrote:
tribeofjudah wrote:Wait.....ARE YOU THE REAL Portiz-2skins....???


:hmm: Good question.... Let's see


por-tiz2skins wrote:
BIG THANKS TO WHOM EVER EDITED WILL POOL AND TITLE:)


First sentence is bold and :shock: ALL CAPS...


por-tiz2skins wrote:Im very sure Shanny will not be back if we go 5-11 or 6-10 because of these facts.


Almost a definitive statement, with a promise of fact to follow...


but NO FACTS follow
por-tiz2skins wrote:
-The team is not motivated or have been these
rs and maybe more.


Inaccurate statement being passed on as a fact... but if true this would be the first organized sports team in the history of sports to go through a rebuild, while getting younger, and offering opportunities based solely on performance that nets a unmotivated roster.

Moss has one of those "Vinny C" contracts and could have shown up 20 lbs. overweight and wouldn't have went anywhere until after June, Niles Paul went through a position change and this year was a gimme for him. Both of these unmotivated players took their time off to adjust their weight to fit the teams needs when they could have waited until OTA and training camp to do it. They weren't the guys that came into camp after dropping weight or adding weight during the off-season based on their roles on the team.


It might be p2s

por-tiz2skins wrote:-Very poor cap space.


A un-researched opinion stated as a fact... this sure seems like the work of THE REAL Portiz-2skins

There were 12 teams with less cap space than the Redskins when free agency started (CapGate hit right before the market opened), and Shanny had nothing to do with it. It's a known fact that the team did nothing wrong and if they had it would have been on Bruce Allen not MS.

por-tiz2skins wrote:-no first rounders for two years

Currently this is a fact... but teams still make trades and we don't know what will happen between now and April of next year or the year after that. I'm pretty sure there won't be another RGIII in either of those drafts.

Six in one hand, half a dozen in the other.... I guessing it's him but not really sure.

por-tiz2skins wrote:-Very Poor FA these past 3 years including Joey Galloway-Roydell Williams - Barry Cofield who is not a NT -Josh Wilson- OJ Atogwe - Stephen Bowen

Some are not BAD but highly over price when we could of gotten Cullen Jenkins at our DE we could of gotten Rogers or Arbrayo Franklin for a one year deal . We also re-signed London who was on a decline and I soley believe only did it for the fans . Even so since 2010 London lost a step in the 3-4 he never looked like he did in the 4-3 .

Horrible FA pick ups IMO and is why our D is awful.


In one thought he went from Very Poor free agents, to not BAD but overpaid, to Horrible.

Hare's a fact... as of today Cofield and Bowen combined have out performed the combination of the two lineman that were mentioned as better for the team (both individually wanted about what the the Skins paid to get both Bowen and Cofield). If the four of them were ranked individually it would be Cofield one, Bowen two, the dude from Phithy and then the guy with the funny first name.

If that doesn't prove that this is THE REAL Portiz-2skins :?

por-tiz2skins wrote:- Shanny per Jay Glazer did not like Shannys comments


This sure did ROTFALMAO


tribeofjudah wrote:Wow, I remember you


He un4gettable...

Welcome back p2s :D :twisted:


I barley even post and your post is why i would leave again. Your statenents are very unaccurate how can you sit here and say our free agent have been good and we are motivated?.

This is why i hate some skins fans delusional to death .

- yes poor free agents even this year we picked up 4 and two are not playing and also one is injurrd and the other (garcon) is barley playing and likely should miss the reast of season.

- yes its shanny fault for cap he knew the rules he didnt follow.

Delusional delusional this team is horrible. And how can any on remember me its been like 3-4 years like thats not normal.
R.I.P

Sean Taylor-21#
Greatest safety ever and the most feared hardest hitting safety ever.

"I swear I'll Honor the number 21#"

-Clinton Portis

Hog
Posts: 688
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:12 pm

Postby por-tiz2skins » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:11 pm

Im posting on phone im sorry for tripple posts :/
R.I.P

Sean Taylor-21#
Greatest safety ever and the most feared hardest hitting safety ever.

"I swear I'll Honor the number 21#"

-Clinton Portis

Hog
Posts: 688
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:12 pm

Postby por-tiz2skins » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:14 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:
andyjens89 wrote:Cap space is Shanahan's fault :roll: We had upwards of $35mm until Mara and Goodell said we violated the imaginary salary cap.

No first rounders = potential hall of fame QB. Either that or be stuck with someone who isn't RGIII....

You're really saying signing some vet min guys is poor FA signings? It's not like they threw $100mm at Haynesworth again.

Cullen Jenkins is not an improvement over Bowen. Fletcher is having a rough year, but he's had some injury issues. He was fantastic the past two years.

"Shanny per Jay Glazer did not like Shannys comments" Makes sense to me...

Horrible picks include: Riley, Kerrigan, Jenkins, Helu, Hankerson, Robinson, Paul, Neild... really not that bad

Haslett may not be the best coach, but we don't have very good players in the secondary. They suck, it's more than just coaching.

Kyle is not going to be a head coach next year. No way.

Philly's defense is awful this year, have you looked at the stats or watched them play?


Dude you seem to forget one fact ANY AND EVERY TEAM THAT PLAYS US LOOKS LIKE A SUPERBOWL TEAM. Did you not just see a 1-6 team beat us at home? Do you think the Panthers are better than the Eagles? LMAO if you do I want what you are drinking. It wouldn't surprise me if the Eagles drop 49 points on us. Andy Reid against Jim Haslett isn't a good match dude!!


Lol i agree he also tryi g to protecf shanny with the pick argument non of them are a factor.
R.I.P

Sean Taylor-21#
Greatest safety ever and the most feared hardest hitting safety ever.

"I swear I'll Honor the number 21#"

-Clinton Portis

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1636
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:44 am
Location: Houston, TX

Postby markshark84 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:18 pm

andyjens89 wrote:Horrible picks include: Riley, Kerrigan, Jenkins, Helu, Hankerson, Robinson, Paul, Neild... really not that bad


Really? Get real. Outside of Riley and Kerrigan those players are not good..... at all.

Jenkins, 2nd Round = injured Y1, Y2 11 tackles in 9 games. :roll: Wow.

Helu, 4th Round = okay, but was already drafted over --- so he was basically a wasted draft pick.

Hankerson, 2nd Round = perhaps the WORST starting WR in the entire NFL. Total liability. HORRIBLE draft pick.

Robinson = which one, either way they both aren't impact players.

Paul, 5th round = so now a 3rd string TE that wasn't good enough to play his original position is a "good draft pick". I'd love those types of standards at my job..... :roll:

Neild = the dude had 1 good game in his entire NFL life.

That's pretty pathetic if this is the "success" list.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football