Garcon - injury Bust....???

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Garcon - injury Bust....???

Postby tribeofjudah » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:34 am

Come on G.

I hope you come back stronger and better than ever.
I hope you are "who we THOUGHT you were"
I hope you're NOT AN INJURY BUST

Come back and help us WIN some games....come on G

Washington Redskins wide receiver Pierre Garcon practiced for the first time in six weeks Monday and said that he saw a fair amount of action, but remained limited by his problematic right toe.

The receiver said he still has some pain in his toe, and doesn’t know whether he can play Sunday against the Philadelphia Eagles, but still wants to avoid surgery.

“It’s not 100 percent, but when I’m out there, I’m just going all out and giving everything I’ve got,” Garcon said. “I did a lot. Didn’t do everything, didn’t take every play. Coach had us on a limited [snap count], getting back from a long break. I didn’t do as much as the guys that have been around the whole seven weeks

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/foo ... tana-moss/
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:47 am

I already know what this thread is going to turn into. So, let me say something logical before it goes down the drain.

It will be disappointing if this injury is one that he'll have to live with for the rest of his life. It's disheartening that it's something he'll personally have to endure. There's no way that the Redskins could have forseen this. For the 1 quarter that he was healthy, he showed why he was aquired. I hope that, he can play well enough for the remainder of the year. And I hope that surgery will rid him of the pain he's feeling.

The guy is an amazing talent. It's sad that this has happened.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:34 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:I already know what this thread is going to turn into. So, let me say something logical before it goes down the drain.

um .. ok.

Chris Luva Luva wrote:It will be disappointing if this injury is one that he'll have to live with for the rest of his life. It's disheartening that it's something he'll personally have to endure. There's no way that the Redskins could have forseen this.

+1

Chris Luva Luva wrote:For the 1 quarter that he was healthy, he showed why he was aquired.

+1

Chris Luva Luva wrote:I hope that, he can play well enough for the remainder of the year. And I hope that surgery will rid him of the pain he's feeling.

+1

Chris Luva Luva wrote:The guy is an amazing talent. It's sad that this has happened.

He is and it really is. In hindsight, IR was the way to go. I might be fulfilling your "prophecy" at the beginning of your post but it seems a little weak of our staff to not really figure out the injury until recently.

I remember watching him run with that catch and hoping the defender wouldn't dive and cause something fluky. Damn!

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:34 am

I have a bad feeling about Garcon. He was about as good as we could have done this FA, but you have to wonder whether we'll end up regretting the acquisition.

(I'm not saying we should have known at the time he'd have been this disappointing, nor am I blaming him for the injury.)
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:44 am

Even being injured he's the best wr on the roster... On top of being rgiiis favorite target.
Last edited by cowboykillerzRGiii on Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:46 am

Irn-Bru wrote:I have a bad feeling about Garcon. He was about as good as we could have done this FA, but you have to wonder whether we'll end up regretting the acquisition.

(I'm not saying we should have known at the time he'd have been this disappointing, nor am I blaming him for the injury.)

We may, but I won't hold this against Mike. There's nothing he could have done to foresee this event ocurring.

DarthMonk wrote:I might be fulfilling your "prophecy" at the beginning of your post but it seems a little weak of our staff to not really figure out the injury until recently.

No, I too have my concerns about how injuries are handled by this staff but I think it's a grass is greener type deal..., maybe. I'm all for intelligent discussion and differing opinions, it's other crap that I foresee coming. LOL

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:50 am

DarthMonk wrote:He is and it really is. In hindsight, IR was the way to go.

Yeah and this stuff about Garcon wanting to avoid surgery doesn't sit well with me either. Maybe he's just spinning it to let the team know he wants be out there. But as much as it sucks, I'd rather see him on the IR, get the injury taken care of and get back healthy as soon as possible rather than continuing to drag this out and end up missing training camp or more next year.

If he can't go vs. the Eagles this week, they should shut him down and make a decision on surgery.

I understand the "bust" label, but like Chris said it wasn't anything foreseeable. A big disappointment either way.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:57 am

riggofan wrote:Yeah and this stuff about Garcon wanting to avoid surgery doesn't sit well with me either.

I think at times we gotta realize that an athletes body is his/her "job". Taking a knife to it could cause irreparable harm... Gotta think about it from their perspective. We think about it from a fan's POV, but this is their career. I'm sure if we had to do something that would potentially destroy our careers and source of income, we'd approach it cautiously, no?

riggofan wrote:If he can't go vs. the Eagles this week, they should shut him down and make a decision on surgery.

I agree. Or at least come to a conclusion as to what the best course of action will be moving forward.

riggofan wrote:I understand the "bust" label, but like Chris said it wasn't anything foreseeable. A big disappointment either way.

If he can't go vs. the Eagles this week, they should shut him down and make a decision on surgery.

Definitely.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:07 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:I think at times we gotta realize that an athletes body is his/her "job". Taking a knife to it could cause irreparable harm... Gotta think about it from their perspective. We think about it from a fan's POV, but this is their career. I'm sure if we had to do something that would potentially destroy our careers and source of income, we'd approach it cautiously, no?

Totally true, CLL. I'm no doctor and have no idea of the risks involved with that type of surgery. Just looking at it in light of past experience with guys like Brown and Landry. Hopefully its not something that has to drag out like that.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:16 pm

riggofan wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:I think at times we gotta realize that an athletes body is his/her "job". Taking a knife to it could cause irreparable harm... Gotta think about it from their perspective. We think about it from a fan's POV, but this is their career. I'm sure if we had to do something that would potentially destroy our careers and source of income, we'd approach it cautiously, no?

Totally true, CLL. I'm no doctor and have no idea of the risks involved with that type of surgery. Just looking at it in light of past experience with guys like Brown and Landry. Hopefully its not something that has to drag out like that.

I hope a conclusion can be reached that is in everyone best interest. But first and foremost, I wish him the best. He's not a selfish guy, he's not here for the money. I feel bad for this guy. I feel bad for the coaches.

If he can endure the pain and not further injury himself. A 70% Garcon is better than a 100% Hankerson.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:17 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:I already know what this thread is going to turn into. So, let me say something logical before it goes down the drain.

It will be disappointing if this injury is one that he'll have to live with for the rest of his life. It's disheartening that it's something he'll personally have to endure. There's no way that the Redskins could have forseen this. For the 1 quarter that he was healthy, he showed why he was aquired. I hope that, he can play well enough for the remainder of the year. And I hope that surgery will rid him of the pain he's feeling.

The guy is an amazing talent. It's sad that this has happened.

Well, no need for me to chime in.. except to say that I'm not gonna chime in by actually doing so. Well said CLL.
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:06 pm

riggofan wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:He is and it really is. In hindsight, IR was the way to go.

Yeah and this stuff about Garcon wanting to avoid surgery doesn't sit well with me either. Maybe he's just spinning it to let the team know he wants be out there. But as much as it sucks, I'd rather see him on the IR, get the injury taken care of and get back healthy as soon as possible rather than continuing to drag this out and end up missing training camp or more next year.

I understand the "bust" label, but like Chris said it wasn't anything foreseeable. A big disappointment either way.

What sucks is that this is reminiscent of the LL injury and "NOT WANTING" to have surgery. Is it SPIN or TRUTH...???

The Spin Doctors and decision making on this team regarding injuries, rehab staff, etc.....leads to some head scratching...!!!
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:33 pm

It would seem that they can put a man on the moon, and there is nothing that can be done for a sore toe? Seems to me something is very wrong and if the toe hurts that much CUT IT OFF........We have games to win..............................42 million for 1 toe is a good trade off don't you think???

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:35 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:It would seem that they can put a man on the moon, and there is nothing that can be done for a sore toe? Seems to me something is very wrong and if the toe hurts that much CUT IT OFF........We have games to win..............................42 million for 1 toe is a good trade off don't you think???
\

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:37 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:It would seem that they can put a man on the moon, and there is nothing that can be done for a sore toe? Seems to me something is very wrong and if the toe hurts that much CUT IT OFF........We have games to win..............................42 million for 1 toe is a good trade off don't you think???

:shock:

](*,)
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football