TOUGH sledding.......

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:43 pm

HEROHAMO wrote:I dont care who starts the Rally wagon but I am on board.

Yes we have a weak defensive secondary but I do hope Merriweather can help. Also would like to see Garcon back in the line up. Also memo to WRs please just catch the ball.

In spite of all that I am on board the Wagon! Lets go!

+1. LOVE IT. :)

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:11 pm

Warmother wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
everydayAskinsday wrote:Im all for optimism but our offense has regressed considerably the last couple weeks and our Defense is a mess

I don't really think our offense has regressed. If the WRs stop dropping balls, we should start seeing the points again.

+1

Aren't WRs part of our offense? Don't drops show a lack of execution? A lack or inability to execute -- when at one time they were doing so -- means the O has regressed.

I think you may be incorrectly taking the "regression" as a direct shot at RGIII --- which it doesn't appear to be. RGIII is still playing well and has been consistent; he has not regressed. However, our O includes WRs, OL, TEs, RBs, and the QB. The offensive unit is not executing and putting up points the way it was at the beginning of the season.

These drops aren't flukes and fit a pattern. In the beginning of the year more sure-handed receivers such as Garcon, Davis, and Morgan were getting most of the receptions. Over the past 3 losses, we've had to rely on the drop-prone hands of Hankerson, Moss, Briscoe and Robinson in addition to our run blocking TE Paulson (who ironically has the best hands of the group). Morgan has been targeted but remains isolated to short routes by defenses.

This isn't a situation of "when the WRs get their acts together we'll be fine" type of thing. There has been a drop in talent and an inability to execute. This means a regression. Not sure what your guys definition is, but it's off-base.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:18 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
everydayAskinsday wrote:Im all for optimism but our offense has regressed considerably the last couple weeks and our Defense is a mess

I don't really think our offense has regressed. If the WRs stop dropping balls, we should start seeing the points again.

Yeah but don't dropped passes count as regression? They aren't random, after all.

They certainly don't count as progression - well - I guess we are getting progressively worse.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:41 pm

Deadskins wrote:
Redskin in Canada wrote:Did we get a new secondary over the past week??? I missed the memo.
... We just need to take it one game at a time.
I am sure the cliché will help the team. :roll:
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Re: TOUGH sledding.......

Postby tribeofjudah » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:33 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:
tribeofjudah wrote:5 of 7 games remaining are VS. NFC teams....YIKES

I don't see what's "yikes" about it; why should we be scared? No one expects us to win, so anything we steal is a plus.

I'm actually looking forward to this stretch of the year much more than the first half of the season. Enough of games against the Panthers, Bucs, Vikings, and Bengals. Bring on the games that have some meaning to Washington's fans.

By the way, I don't know if you've even watched the Eagles play recently but they are as bad as us at the moment. I could easily see us splitting and a sweep is not out of the question. I also think we have a better than 50 percent shot at winning at least one Dallas game.

Bru...

Yikes........to our lousy play calling as of late
Yikes.........to our ATROCIOUS 2ndary
Yikes..........to our declining Dline with all the injuries

YIKES.......YIKES.........YIKES..........!!! it just Better get Better....!!!

I pick the Skins to Win every week - that's just me....Optimistic over Realistic..

HTTR
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:11 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
Redskin in Canada wrote:Did we get a new secondary over the past week??? I missed the memo.
... We just need to take it one game at a time.
I am sure the cliché will help the team. :roll:

How about win one for the gipper? Or, it takes two to tango?

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:13 pm

I think sweeping the pukes and iggles is ours to lose, they both look like crap on O and we've faced harder Ds.. the gnats should be a W we had em last time.. cleveland is a trap game, but rgiii ain't havin none of that crap, and our run D is decent... The birds d is awful w out ray lewis. 10 and 6 mofos!
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Postby skinsfan#33 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:30 am

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:I think sweeping the pukes and iggles is ours to lose, they both look like crap on O and we've faced harder Ds.. the gnats should be a W we had em last time.. cleveland is a trap game, but rgiii ain't havin none of that crap, and our run D is decent... The birds d is awful w out ray lewis. 10 and 6 mofos!

The ratbirds just hung 55 on a better D than ours (can't remember who they played, but EVERYONE has a better D than ours!) and you're talking about their D.

I can see us sweeping the EGirls and Cowturds (not likely, but definitely highly possible), but I already have the game w/the ratbirds as a loss. I've got more faith that we will finish 3&3 or better in the NFCE than I do in winning either of the AFC Central games. We will lose to the ratbirds and find a way to lose to the skidmarks too.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:11 am

IF the offense can get back to scoring 25+ points a game, we'll be in every single game. (hopefully Mike told Kyle to let RGIII be a QB in the redzone)

IF Meriweather can stay healthy, hopefully he'll slow the leak on defense.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:55 am

tribeofjudah wrote:The rest of the schedule is BRUTAL.....as if you didn't already know. 5 of 7 games remaining are VS. NFC teams....YIKES

vs. Eagles
@ Dullass
vs. G.ants
vs. Baltimore
@ BrownStains
@ Philly
vs. Dullass cowpukes

Would you be happy with winning 3 of 7....???

Our ONLY HOPE of winning are 2 rookies, playing like VETS

OH, where is optimism? Man O Man.......we need to WAKE UP...!!!

no big deal - we're not there yet - we're not looked at as clearly 'better' yet ...

I'd be happy winning only 3 as long as the effort by both players and coaches is evident - ALL these games are tough

I'll bet the Giants thought the Bengals was a W ... NOT .. now look at their games -

Packers
@REDSKINS
Saints
@Falcons
@Ravens
Eagles

THAT is brutal and they (AND their fans) all think their stuff does not stink - :lol:

I hope they lose the NFC East to the stupid pukes - I'd love it

I'm actually looking forward to seeing the Redskins players and coaches fighting hard each week - win or lose
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:06 am

skinsfan#33 wrote:
cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:I think sweeping the pukes and iggles is ours to lose, they both look like crap on O and we've faced harder Ds.. the gnats should be a W we had em last time.. cleveland is a trap game, but rgiii ain't havin none of that crap, and our run D is decent... The birds d is awful w out ray lewis. 10 and 6 mofos!

The ratbirds just hung 55 on a better D than ours (can't remember who they played, but EVERYONE has a better D than ours!) and you're talking about their D.

I can see us sweeping the EGirls and Cowturds (not likely, but definitely highly possible), but I already have the game w/the ratbirds as a loss. I've got more faith that we will finish 3&3 or better in the NFCE than I do in winning either of the AFC Central games. We will lose to the ratbirds and find a way to lose to the skidmarks too.

The raiders is who they dropped 55 on...
Horrible special teams play was what hurt them. One return for 6 crappy field position and
3 turn overs to one. The raiders actually hung more yards on them total. We just need to keep them.off the board no.matter how.much pass yards the put up.
About the ravens D, obviously I was right if Oakland gauged em for over 400 yards.

I stand by.my first prediction. 10-6 and a play off run!
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:01 pm

SkinsJock wrote:I'm actually looking forward to seeing the Redskins players and coaches fighting hard each week - win or lose

Is it too much to ask for a win on Thanksgiving though? That's all I really want. :)

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:23 pm

riggofan - if the Redskins play to their capabilities and with desire, they ARE capable of running the table

so many fans look at the Redskins' issues and think that must mean that we are going to struggle to win any more games
each of these games is a struggle - these guys just need to eliminate the stupid penalties and play together

we CAN win these 7 games

the really good part about this season is that these guys have shown they can be a force
I'm looking forward to seeing them play hard - this season is all about getting ready to be a dominant force in the NFC East again

hell we could even win the NFC East
THAT would not be because we're a force but because the other 3 are just not playing well

I DON"T CARE
- I know this franchise is headed in the right direction - no matter who is coaching here - RG3 is going to be a great NFL QB
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:01 pm

SkinsJock wrote:RG3 is going to be a great NFL QB

He already is.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:46 pm

riggofan wrote:
tribeofjudah wrote:vs. Eagles
@ Dullass
vs. G.ants
vs. Baltimore
@ BrownStains
@ Philly
vs. Dullass cowpukes

Man, I just don't agree that this schedule is brutal, at least no more brutal than our schedule at any other time of the year. Did you guys watch Eagles v Dallas yesterday? The Eagles are a mess and are going to be starting Nick Foles this weekend. The only thing they've got going for them is that they may be more desperate than we are. (That and our crappy secondary! LOL.)

Dallas is 4-5. Thanksgiving is going to be tough, but I don't know about brutal. We've already shown we can play with the Giants. Browns? The only team I see in here that could be brutal is the Ravens. I don't know how our D stops Ray Rice.

Anyway, I don't blame anybody for not feeling optimistic at all. But get a W against the Eagles this weekend, and I think fans will start looking at this remaining schedule differently.

Eagles are on the ropes this season like we've never seen them. We need to put them away this weekend!

Now I disagree with about 90% of what you said here. :lol:

I saw the Eagles game, and they were winning the game for the better part of it, so don't let that freakish 2 1/2 minutes that saw the cowboys score 21 points fool you into believing it was such a lopsided blowout, because it wasn't. And don't forget that we haven't managed 14 points over the past two games, and our defense is no where close to the cowboys D, I'm saddened to admit.

Of course, then there is the home field advantage which must go to the Eagles given our miserable record at home since Batman & Robin arrived. Of course, what a better situation for an angry team on a 5 game losing streak and starting their Rookie QB than to have the league's worst secondary and a defense that can't rush the passer.

That blood in the water you think is coming from a bird, might be our own blood you're seeing.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football