Incompleteness of roster remodeling explains 3-6 record

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
JSPB22
Online
User avatar
Posts: 16163
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:26 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:
cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:BOM!
Roasted.


I've always wondered, ckRGiii: when you write that out, in your head do you pronounce it "Bohm" or "Boom"? :)

Brother Of Mine.

Bohm.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog
Posts: 523
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:25 pm
Location: Clarksburg

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:19 pm

These excuses everyone gives is about as solid as Doo Doo Butter. The fact remains 3 years we still lose to teams we should beat and every other team get's good quick.........FACTS and everyone loves to dispute but you can dispute all you want but you won't dispute 3-6 our current record and you won't dispute we won't win 2 more games this year.................

**LPJ**
Posts: 6385
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:12 am
Location: Langley Park, MD *Tick Tock*

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:52 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:These excuses everyone gives is about as solid as Doo Doo Butter. The fact remains 3 years we still lose to teams we should beat and every other team get's good quick.........FACTS and everyone loves to dispute but you can dispute all you want but you won't dispute 3-6 our current record and you won't dispute we won't win 2 more games this year.................


Well.. there's the Jaguars :lol:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog
Online
User avatar
Posts: 4761
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Postby riggofan » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:13 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:These excuses everyone gives is about as solid as Doo Doo Butter. The fact remains 3 years we still lose to teams we should beat and every other team get's good quick.........FACTS and everyone loves to dispute but you can dispute all you want but you won't dispute 3-6 our current record and you won't dispute we won't win 2 more games this year.................


How is it a "fact" that we lose to teams who should beat? Maybe you need to look up the definition of what a FACT is. Its not a FACT that we should beat ANY team. Its an OPINION, doofus.

I don't see anybody on here making excuses for the Skins. All I see is people calling you out on your BS comparison to the Colts.

And I will be happy to dispute you on whether the Skins will win two more games this year or not. Yeah, I'll take that bet. I'll bet that we win at least two of our five remaining divisional games.

**ch44
Posts: 2381
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:00 pm
Location: Chicago

Postby chiefhog44 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:55 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:Sorry DaSkinz - you seem to be missing the point that some here are making - the roster make-up still needs work from the mess that was created by Snyder

I'd agree that there are 'excuses' for the 3-6 record but there are also valid reasons

your low opinion of this coaching staff is one thing but I'd disagree that our 3-6 record is mostly because of the coaches

the Colts roster was 'assembled' over time by guys (Bill Polian) that knew what they were doing


actually - adding Andrew Luck caused some players like Wayne to stay because they could see the possibilities

I prefer RG3 - I think we'll be more exciting


IMO there is NO WAY that the Colts coaching staff could have done near as well as these guys have done and i'm not a fan of the Shanahans and Haslett


So the exit polls here show that this roster was so bad that it is taking Shanahan 4 years to assemble a good team? Nevermind the retarded thinking of the coaches to bring in safeties that no other team wanted, let core Redskins go (Rogers) where he leaves to have a pro bowl season to continue with players such as Josh Wilson, MeAngelo Hall?? Sorry this IMHO makes the coaching staff look even more stupid. No wonder we are having RG3 go out on pass patterns to get destroyed.......... :shock:


Here's a question for you... how many starters have the Colts acquired this year? The answer is 11, almost all on offense. The other 13 were all aquired by Colts at least 3 years ago I believe. How do you read that stat? I guess I read that as the neulcleus of this defense has been playing together for some time. But you could also read that a different way as well.
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

CKRGiii
Posts: 4653
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:31 pm

Deadskins wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:
cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:BOM!
Roasted.


I've always wondered, ckRGiii: when you write that out, in your head do you pronounce it "Bohm" or "Boom"? :)

Brother Of Mine.

Bohm.


Lol,
Or is it bome?
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 623
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:33 am
Location: MiddleONowhere, Iowa

Postby TimSkin » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:05 pm

DaSkinz Baby wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:Example the Colts look at them last year versus this year.

Please! The Colts situation has already been discussed. Last year was an aberration because they didn't have Manning. Other than last season, their worst record over the last five seasons was 10-6. This is hardly a rebuilding team. Add to that, they play in the AFC South (12 games against AFC opponents), the emotional lift from playing for a coach sidelined with Leukemia, our injuries to key players on defense, and the Mara cap hit, and the comparison is ludicrous.


Dude how many players over their last 5 seasons are still there with Indy? Pretty much the only person left of any real value is Reggie Wayne. All others GONE!! The only thing ludicrous is the consistent excuses fans allow this organization to get away with. The Giants last year had a COMPLETELY DESTROYED SECONDARY and many others hurt 80% of the season. But they won the Super Bowl. You know why? Because they don't deal with excuses......We should take that as a lesson if nothing else.......


Dude that's just dumb.....maybe you forgot the Colts have arguably the best pass rusher in the NFL....Dwight Freeney

They got Mathis, Angerer, Vontae Davis(hasn't been there the past 5 yrs but is a starter anywhere he goes and who the skins should've gone after) Antoine Bathea, Corey Redding, Donald Brown, Donnie Avery(who lit it up with the Rams) they also have Vinateri and McAfee so I would say that the Colts weren't really rebuilding but just had a really crappy QB carousel last year and a bunch of injuries and one of the EASIEST scheudules in the history of the NFL.

Also Josh Wilson, MeAngelo, Magoo, and Reed would've been sucessful in the Giants secondary last year with the pass rush they had.
HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4609
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:31 pm
Location: D.C.

Postby Red_One43 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:56 pm

^ Responding to all of the above^
Pat Angerer missed first 5 games of the season andhas been hobbled when playing.
Robert Mathis has missed 3 games this season
Dwight Freeney has missed 2 games and only has 2 sacks on the season. He is slowed by a an ankle injury.

Colts CB Vontae Davis (knee) has been ruled out for Week 10.Davis has appeared in two games since Week 3, playing start to finish in just one of those contests. He's out indefinitely with no timetable to return.


Colts LE Cory Redding (knee) has been ruled out for Week 7 against the Browns.The Indy defense is severely banged up. Also ruled out are DTs Fili Moala (knee) and Martin Tevaseu (ankle), OLB Robert Mathis (knee), and CB Darius Butler (shoulder). Inside linebacker Pat Angerer (foot) is listed as questionable. Trent Richardson could have a field day against the league's No. 29 rush defense


Of the five guys TimSkin mentioned, 4 have missed games and Freeney is not having a Freeney season because he is a linebacker this year. Look at the last quote. "Indy D is severely banged up." Yet they still perform good enough to win.

AND Get this - the Colts are transitioning from a 4-3 to a 3-4. According to Haz, it takes 3 years to reach respectability. The Colts, by no means a good defense, have at least played well enough to let the offense win some games.

Talk about their soft schedule all you guys want, they still only gave up 327 yards to the Vikes ( a common opponent) while the Skins gave up 421 to the Vikes.

Talk about their inspired play for their coach? Well that is definitely an indictment againt Shanny and Haz because you are saying that the Skins D cannot get inpired by their coaches and the fact that they now have an offense.

I disagree with that indictment. The Skins D has been playing its hearts out, but when you are playing hard in a scheme that does not fit your talent level, it becomes evident that your effort are futile.

Colts 6-3!

Yes, the comparison is relevant!

Now, even Darrell Green and Charles Mann have joined in to say that it isn't just about the talent. This is a coaching issue. A misuse of the talent on this team by a coaching staff hell bent on fitting players to a scheme.

JSPB22
Online
User avatar
Posts: 16163
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:31 am

Red_One43 wrote:Talk about their inspired play for their coach? Well that is definitely an indictment againt Shanny and Haz because you are saying that the Skins D cannot get inpired by their coaches and the fact that they now have an offense.

:roll: If you can't see the difference, then you are blind.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog
Posts: 2361
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:56 am

Postby RayNAustin » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:40 am

Deadskins wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:Example the Colts look at them last year versus this year.

Please! The Colts situation has already been discussed. Last year was an aberration because they didn't have Manning. Other than last season, their worst record over the last five seasons was 10-6. This is hardly a rebuilding team. Add to that, they play in the AFC South (12 games against AFC opponents), the emotional lift from playing for a coach sidelined with Leukemia, our injuries to key players on defense, and the Mara cap hit, and the comparison is ludicrous.


That's just not true at all ... the Colts CLEANED HOUSE at the end of last season ... players, coaches, and the front office! They did everything but take the horseshoe off their helmets ... and all the analysts were in agreement about how much better a situation RG3 was going to have with the Redskins, than Luck was going to have with the Colts who were just beginning a full scale rebuild this year.

Hog
Posts: 295
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2004 5:40 pm
Location: UK

Postby ferryrich » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:13 am

Not that I know much about the colts cap situation, but didn't they free up loads with Manning off the books, while we got hit with the Mara penalty? And we were already up at the limit.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 623
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:33 am
Location: MiddleONowhere, Iowa

Postby TimSkin » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:39 am

Red_One43 wrote:^ Responding to all of the above^
Pat Angerer missed first 5 games of the season andhas been hobbled when playing.
Robert Mathis has missed 3 games this season
Dwight Freeney has missed 2 games and only has 2 sacks on the season. He is slowed by a an ankle injury.

Colts CB Vontae Davis (knee) has been ruled out for Week 10.Davis has appeared in two games since Week 3, playing start to finish in just one of those contests. He's out indefinitely with no timetable to return.


Colts LE Cory Redding (knee) has been ruled out for Week 7 against the Browns.The Indy defense is severely banged up. Also ruled out are DTs Fili Moala (knee) and Martin Tevaseu (ankle), OLB Robert Mathis (knee), and CB Darius Butler (shoulder). Inside linebacker Pat Angerer (foot) is listed as questionable. Trent Richardson could have a field day against the league's No. 29 rush defense


Of the five guys TimSkin mentioned, 4 have missed games and Freeney is not having a Freeney season because he is a linebacker this year. Look at the last quote. "Indy D is severely banged up." Yet they still perform good enough to win.

AND Get this - the Colts are transitioning from a 4-3 to a 3-4. According to Haz, it takes 3 years to reach respectability. The Colts, by no means a good defense, have at least played well enough to let the offense win some games.

Talk about their soft schedule all you guys want, they still only gave up 327 yards to the Vikes ( a common opponent) while the Skins gave up 421 to the Vikes.

Talk about their inspired play for their coach? Well that is definitely an indictment againt Shanny and Haz because you are saying that the Skins D cannot get inpired by their coaches and the fact that they now have an offense.

I disagree with that indictment. The Skins D has been playing its hearts out, but when you are playing hard in a scheme that does not fit your talent level, it becomes evident that your effort are futile.

Colts 6-3!

Yes, the comparison is relevant!

Now, even Darrell Green and Charles Mann have joined in to say that it isn't just about the talent. This is a coaching issue. A misuse of the talent on this team by a coaching staff hell bent on fitting players to a scheme.


I was just making the point that there are a few more important pieces remaining on the Colts team from the past besides Wayne than what DaSkinz says even if they aren't having the best year.

The thing that surprised me about the Colts with that 6-3 record was before Thursdays game they had only forced 3 TOs all year and they are 15th in total yards on D but they are still getting it done somehow. We need to start getting it done especially on D.....somehow.

Mann and Green also said this can very easily be fixed so lets see if Haz and Co. can actually do SOMETHING during the bye so we can atleast slow down other teams.
HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4609
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:31 pm
Location: D.C.

Postby Red_One43 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:59 am

TimSkin wrote:
Red_One43 wrote:^ Responding to all of the above^
Pat Angerer missed first 5 games of the season andhas been hobbled when playing.
Robert Mathis has missed 3 games this season
Dwight Freeney has missed 2 games and only has 2 sacks on the season. He is slowed by a an ankle injury.

Colts CB Vontae Davis (knee) has been ruled out for Week 10.Davis has appeared in two games since Week 3, playing start to finish in just one of those contests. He's out indefinitely with no timetable to return.


Colts LE Cory Redding (knee) has been ruled out for Week 7 against the Browns.The Indy defense is severely banged up. Also ruled out are DTs Fili Moala (knee) and Martin Tevaseu (ankle), OLB Robert Mathis (knee), and CB Darius Butler (shoulder). Inside linebacker Pat Angerer (foot) is listed as questionable. Trent Richardson could have a field day against the league's No. 29 rush defense


Of the five guys TimSkin mentioned, 4 have missed games and Freeney is not having a Freeney season because he is a linebacker this year. Look at the last quote. "Indy D is severely banged up." Yet they still perform good enough to win.

AND Get this - the Colts are transitioning from a 4-3 to a 3-4. According to Haz, it takes 3 years to reach respectability. The Colts, by no means a good defense, have at least played well enough to let the offense win some games.

Talk about their soft schedule all you guys want, they still only gave up 327 yards to the Vikes ( a common opponent) while the Skins gave up 421 to the Vikes.

Talk about their inspired play for their coach? Well that is definitely an indictment againt Shanny and Haz because you are saying that the Skins D cannot get inpired by their coaches and the fact that they now have an offense.

I disagree with that indictment. The Skins D has been playing its hearts out, but when you are playing hard in a scheme that does not fit your talent level, it becomes evident that your effort are futile.

Colts 6-3!

Yes, the comparison is relevant!

Now, even Darrell Green and Charles Mann have joined in to say that it isn't just about the talent. This is a coaching issue. A misuse of the talent on this team by a coaching staff hell bent on fitting players to a scheme.


I was just making the point that there are a few more important pieces remaining on the Colts team from the past besides Wayne than what DaSkinz says even if they aren't having the best year.

The thing that surprised me about the Colts with that 6-3 record was before Thursdays game they had only forced 3 TOs all year and they are 15th in total yards on D but they are still getting it done somehow. We need to start getting it done especially on D.....somehow.

Mann and Green also said this can very easily be fixed so lets see if Haz and Co. can actually do SOMETHING during the bye so we can atleast slow down other teams.


Ok, I get your point and that my point is different. What I read DaSkinz saying that the excuses for Shanny and Co need to stop. I agree. I admit that I was one of the folk making excuses for them for the first two years. It is evident that this is a coaching problem and a personnel decision problem (Shanny problem) as to why we are 3-6. The Colts D has been devastated by injuries this year and are in transition and as you noted, they only had three turnovers before Thursday night, but yet somehow they still get the job done. No comparison is exact, but Colts had cap issues, lockout issues just like the Skins, but yet, they still play better D than the Skins.

Like everybody else, I hope that Shanny and Co. make the right adjustments to get this thing back on track. I am optimistic that we can play better defense. Not great defense, but at least mid range D which should be good enough to win a majority of the remaining game. We showed that we could beat the Giants for 59 minutes with what we were doing, so the capability is there like Green and Mann are saying.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 623
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:33 am
Location: MiddleONowhere, Iowa

Postby TimSkin » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:20 am

Red_One43 wrote:
TimSkin wrote:
Red_One43 wrote:^ Responding to all of the above^
Pat Angerer missed first 5 games of the season andhas been hobbled when playing.
Robert Mathis has missed 3 games this season
Dwight Freeney has missed 2 games and only has 2 sacks on the season. He is slowed by a an ankle injury.

Colts CB Vontae Davis (knee) has been ruled out for Week 10.Davis has appeared in two games since Week 3, playing start to finish in just one of those contests. He's out indefinitely with no timetable to return.


Colts LE Cory Redding (knee) has been ruled out for Week 7 against the Browns.The Indy defense is severely banged up. Also ruled out are DTs Fili Moala (knee) and Martin Tevaseu (ankle), OLB Robert Mathis (knee), and CB Darius Butler (shoulder). Inside linebacker Pat Angerer (foot) is listed as questionable. Trent Richardson could have a field day against the league's No. 29 rush defense


Of the five guys TimSkin mentioned, 4 have missed games and Freeney is not having a Freeney season because he is a linebacker this year. Look at the last quote. "Indy D is severely banged up." Yet they still perform good enough to win.

AND Get this - the Colts are transitioning from a 4-3 to a 3-4. According to Haz, it takes 3 years to reach respectability. The Colts, by no means a good defense, have at least played well enough to let the offense win some games.

Talk about their soft schedule all you guys want, they still only gave up 327 yards to the Vikes ( a common opponent) while the Skins gave up 421 to the Vikes.

Talk about their inspired play for their coach? Well that is definitely an indictment againt Shanny and Haz because you are saying that the Skins D cannot get inpired by their coaches and the fact that they now have an offense.

I disagree with that indictment. The Skins D has been playing its hearts out, but when you are playing hard in a scheme that does not fit your talent level, it becomes evident that your effort are futile.

Colts 6-3!

Yes, the comparison is relevant!

Now, even Darrell Green and Charles Mann have joined in to say that it isn't just about the talent. This is a coaching issue. A misuse of the talent on this team by a coaching staff hell bent on fitting players to a scheme.


I was just making the point that there are a few more important pieces remaining on the Colts team from the past besides Wayne than what DaSkinz says even if they aren't having the best year.

The thing that surprised me about the Colts with that 6-3 record was before Thursdays game they had only forced 3 TOs all year and they are 15th in total yards on D but they are still getting it done somehow. We need to start getting it done especially on D.....somehow.

Mann and Green also said this can very easily be fixed so lets see if Haz and Co. can actually do SOMETHING during the bye so we can atleast slow down other teams.


Ok, I get your point and that my point is different. What I read DaSkinz saying that the excuses for Shanny and Co need to stop. I agree. I admit that I was one of the folk making excuses for them for the first two years. It is evident that this is a coaching problem and a personnel decision problem (Shanny problem) as to why we are 3-6. The Colts D has been devastated by injuries this year and are in transition and as you noted, they only had three turnovers before Thursday night, but yet somehow they still get the job done. No comparison is exact, but Colts had cap issues, lockout issues just like the Skins, but yet, they still play better D than the Skins.

Like everybody else, I hope that Shanny and Co. make the right adjustments to get this thing back on track. I am optimistic that we can play better defense. Not great defense, but at least mid range D which should be good enough to win a majority of the remaining game. We showed that we could beat the Giants for 59 minutes with what we were doing, so the capability is there like Green and Mann are saying.


I do agree with you for the most part...
In my statement it says exactly what you highlighted that even despite all the distractions and injuries "they are still getting it done somehow"

We need to just stop making excuses buckle down and start KICKING SOME A$$!!! I think we can all agree on that :) We can play better D especially if we start tackling better since a lot of 1st downs we give up end up being missed tackles or poor form tackling where a LB wont stand up the runner and drive him back instead of throwing him a few yards forward. Also if we can get a little more consistent pass rush that would be absolutely HUGE.

One thing that I did agree with Mann on was Kerrigan and Orakpo need a coach that has been there done that and can teach them "How" to rush the passer
HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 3319
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:13 pm
Location: Virginia

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:30 am

What immediately contracts Shanny's claim is his trade for McNabb. Why in the world he ever did that when he KNEW he wanted -- make that NEEDED -- to turnover this roster make no sense whatsoever.

It was like someone proclaiming their personal need for fiscal restraint and then running out to buy a Margareta maker. No sense what-so-evah.....

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football