Kyle Shanahan

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Kyle Shanahan

Postby Kilmer72 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:44 pm

Pretty cool article showing that Kyle is confusing defenses.

http://www.csnwashington.com/football-w ... s-confused

On the sideline, the Vikings’ Jared Allen discussed making an adjustment. “If we get that [three-back] look in the backfield again, I’m going straight pass. Every time they’re doing play action . . . I’m going straight up the field.”

But the Redskins anticipated the Vikings’ adjustment. They ran on 10 of their next 12 plays. When they ran out of the three-back alignment Allen did go straight up the field a couple of times and the Redskins ran past him or away from him.

For those that think he sucks; maybe Kyle isn't so bad after all.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Re: Kyle Shanahan

Postby 1niksder » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:59 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:Pretty cool article showing that Kyle is confusing defenses.

http://www.csnwashington.com/football-w ... s-confused

On the sideline, the Vikings’ Jared Allen discussed making an adjustment. “If we get that [three-back] look in the backfield again, I’m going straight pass. Every time they’re doing play action . . . I’m going straight up the field.”

But the Redskins anticipated the Vikings’ adjustment. They ran on 10 of their next 12 plays. When they ran out of the three-back alignment Allen did go straight up the field a couple of times and the Redskins ran past him or away from him.

For those that think he sucks; maybe Kyle isn't so bad after all.

You can see Allen say this on NFL Turning Point, Williams was just lost (and said so)... Allen had the wrong plan but he had a plan.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:31 pm

Nice video clip. Personally I think we have been moving the ball since Kyle has been here. We could not get that monkey off our backs (scoring in red zone) and we couldn't find a way to win. Now that we have upgraded our receivers and running backs (Morris) things look brighter, and QB of course. Kyle has been slammed again and again. It was always there but we didn't have the players. He might get a little respect now but I would guess they will say it is all Robert instead.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:32 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:Nice video clip. Personally I think we have been moving the ball since Kyle has been here. We could not get that monkey off our backs (scoring in red zone) and we couldn't find a way to win. Now that we have upgraded our receivers and running backs (Morris) things look brighter, and QB of course. Kyle has been slammed again and again. It was always there but we didn't have the players. He might get a little respect now but I would guess they will say it is all Robert instead.

It would not be wrong... many of these are live reads... frequently, RGIII and Morris don't know if it's run or pass until Bob decides whether to stick the ball in Morris' gut or pull it out and extend... either to pass or keep it himself... It's a very rare talent who can pull this off consistently, as it requires not only the physical tools and skills, but the football intelligence to read what the defense is doing instantly... Kyle has designed the plays... but they don't work without Bob... I can't imagine trying to defend this stuff... Stay home... you're wrong. Go upfield... you're wrong. Blitz a corner and an extra LB... you're wrong. Stack the box... you're wrong...

Just gotta love it.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:52 pm

I'd give the lion's share of the credit to "Bob" and the rest to Alfred .... Kyle would be 0-6 right now, without Bob & Alfred

Hog

Postby ACW » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:23 pm

Amazing what a QB can do :)
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:10 pm

RayNAustin wrote:I'd give the lion's share of the credit to "Bob" and the rest to Alfred .... Kyle would be 0-6 right now, without Bob & Alfred

It's a SYSTEM dawg........ everyone: do your job
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

Hog

Postby rskin72 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:02 am

tribeofjudah wrote:
RayNAustin wrote:I'd give the lion's share of the credit to "Bob" and the rest to Alfred .... Kyle would be 0-6 right now, without Bob & Alfred

Yea, well where did that system get us last season with the other rgiii? We are now arguing which comes first, the smart coach or the gifted qb......same questions as asked about walsh and montana, belichik and brady, shanny and elway....on and on. Think the correct answer is u need both smart coaches, and talented/motivated players, to consistently win in the nfl.
A winning effort begins with preparation.
Failures are expected by losers, ignored by winners.

Quotes by Joe Gibbs

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:47 am

Kyle needs to prepare and call plays that suit the players he has

RG3 is going to make the coaches and players around him look really good
Robert Griffin will become a really good QB he's talented and smart

hopefully Kirk Cousins can make things happen till RG3 is ready to play again

HAIL

Week 3 - 27-21

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:04 am

rskin72 wrote:
tribeofjudah wrote:

Yea, well where did that system get us last season with the other rgiii? We are now arguing which comes first, the smart coach or the gifted qb......same questions as asked about walsh and montana, belichik and brady, shanny and elway....on and on. Think the correct answer is u need both smart coaches, and talented/motivated players, to consistently win in the nfl.

Please, the system won super bowls with the broncos, the system now has the Texans sitting atop the NFL. The system was run here with an immobile turnover machine last year. Now the East Coast Offense has evolved from this. The Shannahan created a whole new offense based on this kids skills. As I've said in the past...you need a top level QB and a top level coach to win in this league. Now we have both
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:19 am

chiefhog44 wrote:
rskin72 wrote:
tribeofjudah wrote:

Please, the system won super bowls with the broncos, the system now has the Texans sitting atop the NFL. The system was run here with an immobile turnover machine last year. Now the East Coast Offense has evolved from this. The Shannahan created a whole new offense based on this kids skills. As I've said in the past...you need a top level QB and a top level coach to win in this league. Now we have both

Well said.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:53 am

I don't think that Kyle or Jim 'suck' as co-ordinators - actually they're not doing a bad job, all things considered ...

we just need great play calling on both sides of the ball, against this team, this week ...

AND

EVERY week :roll:
Robert Griffin will become a really good QB he's talented and smart

hopefully Kirk Cousins can make things happen till RG3 is ready to play again

HAIL

Week 3 - 27-21

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:18 am

chiefhog44 wrote:
rskin72 wrote:
tribeofjudah wrote:

Mike Shanahan's last Super Bowl was in 1998 ... that's a long time ago. And since then, his record is 105 and 98, just 7 games above 500 over 14 years. That is not "greatness" ... that is post Elway perpetual mediocrity, which includes a couple of pretty decent QBs in Jake the Snake and Cutler.

What's even more disturbing is Shanahan has had 1 winning season in the last 6 years since 2005, and is 14-24 to date with the Skins. That is dismally horrific.

If one should be totally honest in the assessment of the last 6 games, and the sensational production that RG3 has contributed from his own skill and play making ability, which includes monster runs, red zone proficiency, throwing accuracy and a remarkable level of football intelligence, plus leadership skills that no one could actually expect from a rookie QB, that is by any reasonable calculation the ONLY reason we're sitting at 3-3 right now .... instead of 1-5 or 0-6 had Sexy Rexy been handling the rock.

Honestly, I can find not a trace of greatness from these results we've seen from this coaching staff in it's third season. Our defense is worse than it's been for several years ... and until this sensational kid arrived, Kyle's offense needed a seeing eye dog to find the endzone, using three different QBs in the span of 2 seasons.

Hey, it's all good to be a homer .. and optimism is a good thing when you have solid reasons for it ... but think about it ... without RG3, this team would likely be 0-6 right now, and people would be debating which tree at Redskin Park should be used to hang Kyle, Mike and Has., and wondering, as we enter the tough stretch of the schedule, where we're going to find 2 or 3 wins and escape being the 0-16 detroit lions.

Look, it doesn't require genius to teach a kid how to swim when he comes in almost walking on water, but it does require an extreme level of delusion to attribute greatness to a guy who calls a pitchout on a critical third and 1 with the game in the balance ... particularly given the well demonstrated ability of the RB to grind out hard yards inside.

Of course that's just one example, but the point I'm making here, or at least it is my contention that RG3 would make any offense function, because some of his best production has come when his helmet speaker has gone on the blink, or he's manufacturing TD's with his legs.

Personally, I don't think the offense is actually utilizing the proper balance RG3's skills brings to the table ... with just 5 TD passes over 6 games from a kid with a great arm and accuracy, tells me that the offense is relying far too much on his legs, and too little on his arm.

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:13 pm

RayNAustin wrote:
chiefhog44 wrote:
rskin72 wrote:
tribeofjudah wrote:

Mike Shanahan's last Super Bowl was in 1998 ... that's a long time ago. And since then, his record is 105 and 98, just 7 games above 500 over 14 years. That is not "greatness" ... that is post Elway perpetual mediocrity, which includes a couple of pretty decent QBs in Jake the Snake and Cutler.

What's even more disturbing is Shanahan has had 1 winning season in the last 6 years since 2005, and is 14-24 to date with the Skins. That is dismally horrific.

If one should be totally honest in the assessment of the last 6 games, and the sensational production that RG3 has contributed from his own skill and play making ability, which includes monster runs, red zone proficiency, throwing accuracy and a remarkable level of football intelligence, plus leadership skills that no one could actually expect from a rookie QB, that is by any reasonable calculation the ONLY reason we're sitting at 3-3 right now .... instead of 1-5 or 0-6 had Sexy Rexy been handling the rock.

Honestly, I can find not a trace of greatness from these results we've seen from this coaching staff in it's third season. Our defense is worse than it's been for several years ... and until this sensational kid arrived, Kyle's offense needed a seeing eye dog to find the endzone, using three different QBs in the span of 2 seasons.

Hey, it's all good to be a homer .. and optimism is a good thing when you have solid reasons for it ... but think about it ... without RG3, this team would likely be 0-6 right now, and people would be debating which tree at Redskin Park should be used to hang Kyle, Mike and Has., and wondering, as we enter the tough stretch of the schedule, where we're going to find 2 or 3 wins and escape being the 0-16 detroit lions.

Look, it doesn't require genius to teach a kid how to swim when he comes in almost walking on water, but it does require an extreme level of delusion to attribute greatness to a guy who calls a pitchout on a critical third and 1 with the game in the balance ... particularly given the well demonstrated ability of the RB to grind out hard yards inside.

Of course that's just one example, but the point I'm making here, or at least it is my contention that RG3 would make any offense function, because some of his best production has come when his helmet speaker has gone on the blink, or he's manufacturing TD's with his legs.

Personally, I don't think the offense is actually utilizing the proper balance RG3's skills brings to the table ... with just 5 TD passes over 6 games from a kid with a great arm and accuracy, tells me that the offense is relying far too much on his legs, and too little on his arm.

Got it. RG3 is probably the factor behind the Texans being on top as well :roll:. My point is that the system is successful, whether it's now with the Texans or 20 years ago with the Broncos. I believe you said the system was not successful, and you are wrong. Dead wrong, but we'll never hear that from you, will we Ray?

Ray, I agree that over time he would make any offense work, but there are a lot of OC's that may not use him correctly...meaning many would not take the chance and stick him in a non-conventional offense. What I think these coaches have done, is to think outside the box and build an offense catered to his talents. I just dont think he would have reached his potential with very many NFL coaches. Successful in other offenses, yes, full potential, I just don't see it, and if you can't give them credit for that, I think you're off, but as I always say, what do I know.
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:05 pm

Thanks chiefhog44. Ray is very insightful. He has a hatred towards the Shans and I understand it. Hell, I didn't want Mike I wanted Gruden to tell you the truth.

Mike is doing ok though. The thing that got Mike in trouble was his desire to keep his Def coach in Denver. Just like it may be his downfall here. Haslett does ok but he can't make second half adjustments. Kyle gets a bad rap because he is his dads son. From what I have seen, Kyle has always been moving the ball way better than previous coaches. The whole thread is supposed to be about giving Kyle some credit. Most will say as I predicted, that it is all Robert. I understand that Robert is the key, but look how even last year we lost thanks to TO but still managed yards. We were moving the ball. Those that call him 3 and out don't get it. It was Rex's interceptions and fumbles that did us in. Other wise he was ok and moving the ball. Most of that credit should fall on Kyle and I am talking about the good. He can't throw it or catch it.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football