Mark Rypiens Daughter carrying on the football name

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
Hog

Mark Rypiens Daughter carrying on the football name

Postby vwoodzpusha » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:47 pm

Hog

Postby cvillehog » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:09 pm

Um... gosh.

Hog

Postby fabe » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:45 pm

I wish I was the tailback so I can stand behind her and watch her hands slip under the center. :up:

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:10 pm

fabe wrote:I wish I was the tailback so I can stand behind her and watch her hands slip under the center. :up:

I'd rather be the QB, and have her be the center. :wink:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby fabe » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:31 pm

Deadskins wrote:
fabe wrote:I wish I was the tailback so I can stand behind her and watch her hands slip under the center. :up:

I'd rather be the QB, and have her be the center. :wink:

I wouldn't even mind getting tackled by them gals.

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:53 pm

Hey...it's still football....let it be. Girls need some fun too.
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:13 pm

tribeofjudah wrote:Hey...it's still football....let it be. Girls need some fun too.

...and it's Mark Rypien's daughter:

- Who was the last Redskin QB to win a Super Bowl?
- Who was "Mark the Ripper"?
- Years later, when the Browns were in the playoffs and Joe Gibbs was analyst, what did Joe say in the second half? Right: "Put in Rypien. Show that graphic...playoffs appeared, playoffs won. You want to lean on a guy who has not won a playoff in four tries, or a guy who has won six and lost two playoff games...a Super Bowl winner and MVP. I trust Mark Rypien".

(Come to think of it, have the Redskins had a QB since Rypien who could hit the long pass as accurately? Certainly not Ramsey, Brunell, Campbell, or Grossman. Ah, Rypien-to-Clark!!)

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:44 pm

Rypien had the best touch on the long ball of any QB I've ever seen. He was just amazing at it.

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby fabe » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:12 pm

Deadskins wrote:Rypien had the best touch on the long ball of any QB I've ever seen. He was just amazing at it.

Sonny Jurgensen dude.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:18 pm

Sonny was great, but Ryp threw a prettier long ball IMO. He would just drop it in there in stride every time. Sonny had a stronger arm, though.

Hail to the Redskins!

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:34 am

Sonny all the way, but few Skins fans saw him play.

In fact, too few saw Rypien...wow, twenty years since the all-time-great '91 season. When Ryp pulled himself out of the Falcons regular-season game rather than pass Sammy Baugh's all-time game record, because it was early in the second half, the Redskins were leading by about 40 points, and what did it matter?

Still, there is that YouTube we found last winter, "Did You Ever See Sonny Play?"

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:48 am

I saw Sonny play, but I was just a kid. In no way am I saying Ryp was a better QB than Sonny, just that in that '91 season, he had the greatest touch on the long ball of any QB I've ever seen play the game.

Hail to the Redskins!

goskins

Postby GoSkins » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:33 am

Sonny threw the tightest spirals I have ever seen. If Vince hadn't passed on at such an early age Sonny and the Redskins would have won a Super Bowl.

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:12 pm

...and by 1970, Sonny had lost some of his long-ball power. Lost none of the quick release and accuracy, so he continued to slaughter defenses when his legs were OK. (Of course, it helped to have Taylor, Jefferson, and Smith as receivers from '71 onward.)

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:32 am

Sonny is considered by many to be the best pure passer in the history of the game, so there is no real comparison here.

Rip was surrounded by great talent at receiver and one of the best O-lines in history .... although he wasn't a superb athlete, and a bit clunky ... he dd have a fantastic long ball which he rarely missed an open guy, and had a high football IQ making him an excellent game manager.

He was also a heck of a nice guy to boot. I met him in the bar at San Fran Airport, where I was returning from a golf trip to Pebble Beach, and he was returning from a golf tournament elsewhere.

I got a little tanked due to the lengthy layover :lol: and when we landed at Dulles, he came over to us to make sure we were OK and if we needed a ride home! That really left a huge impression on me .... that he'd go out of his way like that. A real classy, nice fellow.

I grew up in the Sonny and Charlie Tayor era, and Mr. Taylor and other Redskins used to patronize my father's gas station in Seat Pleasant, MD, including buying Christmas trees at that time of year, and we frequently got some tickets to games that way.

My Mom tells a story about my father and 5 rather large Redskin players all stuffed into a VW Bug after a night out partying .... envision that image of several people crammed into a phone booth .....

And don't dare ask "what is a phone booth"?
:wink:

Return to Around the League