Nationals pitchers

Washington Capitals, Washington Nationals, Washington Wizards, Washington Mystics, and D.C. United... all go here!
Hog

Nationals pitchers

Postby fabe » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:02 pm

We have so many. And most of them are really good. I was wondering who's your favorite Nats pitcher? Personally I like Tyler Clippard because he could probably get strikeouts throwing from the outfield. I also like Drew Storen a lot because he's one of the most consistent pitchers we have which is why we use him as a closer.

Hog

Postby MDSKINSFAN » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:50 pm

I like both bullpen guys you mentioned, Clip and Storen. I'm looking forward to the 1-2 punch of Strasburg and Zimmerman at the front of the rotation.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21

Hog

Postby fabe » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:07 pm

I agree. Keep the opposition on their heels early. Especially since we've been scoring in early innings lately. I believe next year will be quite a year for the Nats.
"I am pretty mad at the football gods for putting him in the NFC East."

“Until I exit stage right, it seems like he’s going to be a fixture in my dreams and nightmares.”

- Justin Tuck on RG3

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:58 pm

I have a soft spot for Livan, although he is not "the future". He ought to be the long-relief pitcher / spot starter next year. Especially since he can hit better than most of the starting position players. Use him as a pinch-hitter, too.

Clippard is the most fun to watch, because he throws more pitches -- four, at least -- than a typical relief pitcher. Amusing to listen to Keith Hernandez and Ron Darling explain why Clippard is so much more than the normal two-pitch reliever.

We know that Strassburg and Zimermann will win, and that Lannan is a great number 3 or 4 starter, depending on what happens with Chien-Ming Wang.

That's a heavy-duty starting four, right there.

Detwiler is a puzzle. He seems to pitch fine, and suddlen;ly lose focus around the fifth or sixth inning. Can't that he's tired, and he will have already gone through the lineup twice, so it's not that "once through and they've figure you out" problem. Maybe confidence??

I'm really pulling for Brad Peacock. With experience and refinement, he should be better next season. Hail to the Redskins, but that would be five starters with zero "cringe-factor".

Hog

Postby fabe » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:11 pm

I like Chien-Ming Wang too. I think he should be the starter.
"I am pretty mad at the football gods for putting him in the NFC East."

“Until I exit stage right, it seems like he’s going to be a fixture in my dreams and nightmares.”

- Justin Tuck on RG3

Hog

Postby MDSKINSFAN » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:42 pm

I like how Detwiler pitched his last few starts. If Wang can stay healthy and somehow pitch like he did his past couple starts on a regular basis, we might have found ourselves a steal.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21

Return to Washington Sports Teams