2nd round predictions?

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
spudstr04

2nd round predictions?

Postby spudstr04 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:21 am

My guess and hope is that we pick up a QB, RB, DT or a WR with these two picks today. May be they'll be another trade down.

I would say:
Colin Kaepernick QB Nevada with the 41st pick

Ryan Williams RB VT with the 49th pick

That could possible solidify our QB and RB situation for the future.

Wouldn't mind two of the following:

Colin Kapernick QB Nevada, Ryan Williams RB VT, Marvin Austin NT UNC, Leonard Hankerson WR Miami, Ras-I Dowling CB VA, Aaron Williams CB Texas, Christian Ballard DT Iowa, or Stefen Wisniewski C Penn St
#21 = Forever in our hearts

Hog

Postby andyjens89 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:40 am

Hoping Mallett or Dalton are there with the 41st pick, and trade down with the 49th pick.

Canes Skin

Re: 2nd round predictions?

Postby CanesSkins26 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:42 am

spudstr04 wrote:My guess and hope is that we pick up a QB, RB, DT or a WR with these two picks today. May be they'll be another trade down.

I would say:

Colin Kapernick QB Nevada, Ryan Williams RB VT, Marvin Austin NT UNC, Leonard Hankerson WR Miami, Ras-I Dowling CB VA, Aaron Williams CB Texas, Christian Ballard DT Iowa, or Stefen Wisniewski C Penn St

Williams would be a terrible pick. Running back can be filled later in the draft and we have far more pressing needs. I want Paea out of Oregon, who could play NT for us.
Suck and Luck

Hog

Postby Hooligan » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:09 pm

What are the chances of getting both Paea and either Mallett or Dalton? I'd be all about that.
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

goskins

Postby GoSkins » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:26 pm

We need a QB and NT. If we need to trade up in the 2nd it should be for a QB. If we trade our 2nd pick in Round 2 it should be down for more picks in Rounds 3 and 4. Ideally, in rounds 3 and 4 we get a NT and maybe a C, OG, or RB.

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:30 pm

Hooligan wrote:What are the chances of getting both Paea and either Mallett or Dalton? I'd be all about that.

That would be a home run.
Suck and Luck

Hog

Postby fleetus » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:43 pm

Hooligan wrote:What are the chances of getting both Paea and either Mallett or Dalton? I'd be all about that.

I don't know about Paea being there for our first 2nd rounder. But Mallett will definitely still be there at 49, IMO. Other than the Redskins, I'd be surprised if anyone picks Mallett before the very end of the 2nd round, more likely the 3rd.

But with Mallett's lack of mobility, I wouldn't think he would be a great fit for Shanhan. Dalton is a more likely candidate.
Build through the draft!

Hog

Postby Hooligan » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:21 pm

If not Paea, I'd be happy with a QB and Wisniewski. A good center would make a big difference with a rookie QB.
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

kazoo

Re: 2nd round predictions?

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:32 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:
spudstr04 wrote:My guess and hope is that we pick up a QB, RB, DT or a WR with these two picks today. May be they'll be another trade down.

I would say:

Williams would be a terrible pick. Running back can be filled later in the draft and we have far more pressing needs. I want Paea out of Oregon, who could play NT for us.

I'm thinking NT as well and I understand even with the first round there's quality linemen available. It seems with picking up Kerrigan that's our next glaring weakness to move to the 4-3 and without a LB (which we now have) and NT we're going to spend another year struggling with it. They may not be all the pieces, but they're the big ones.

With the other 2nd round pick I'm thinking O. I do think RB would work if there's a good one, but I'm with you on not taking a stretch.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:33 pm

fleetus wrote:

I don't know about Paea being there for our first 2nd rounder. But Mallett will definitely still be there at 49, IMO. Other than the Redskins, I'd be surprised if anyone picks Mallett before the very end of the 2nd round, more likely the 3rd.

But with Mallett's lack of mobility, I wouldn't think he would be a great fit for Shanhan. Dalton is a more likely candidate.

I think you're selling Mallet short and he won't last long in the second round. What did he run over your dog?
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010