California's Biggest Cash Crop.....?

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?
tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

California's Biggest Cash Crop.....?

Postby tribeofjudah » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:04 pm

You guessed it... Marijuana. Bigger than corn and grapes.

70 years of prohibition has done little to stop the demand.

Hey FrankCal.....stop growing that stuff man......j/k
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:42 am

With all of their budget problems, I wouldn't be surprised if California makes it legal sometime in the next 5-10 years.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:50 am

Irn-Bru wrote:With all of their budget problems, I wouldn't be surprised if California makes it legal sometime in the next 5-10 years.

There's no possibility of that happening in our area? Like, not that I do that kinda stuff :lol: ummm... jus curious
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:55 am

Mr. Gates just came out with his NEW operating system!!!

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:36 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:With all of their budget problems, I wouldn't be surprised if California makes it legal sometime in the next 5-10 years.

There's no possibility of that happening in our area?

I don't smoke, but I wish it would.

tribe

Postby tribeofjudah » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:38 pm

Indoor grow farms are springing up everywhere.

All the Rastafarians are still singing: LEGALIZE IT

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:05 pm

They'd have to get past that whole federal preemption thing first, however.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:20 am

PulpExposure wrote:

I'm not so sure that this would be an impassable barrier. Medical marijuana is going along OK in places like CA and CO (can't remember if there are any other states) despite not being a legitimate 'excuse' for it as far as the feds are concerned. In some places there are vending machines for it. :shock:

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:21 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:
PulpExposure wrote:

I'm not so sure that this would be an impassable barrier. Medical marijuana is going along OK in places like CA and CO (can't remember if there are any other states) despite not being a legitimate 'excuse' for it as far as the feds are concerned. In some places there are vending machines for it. :shock:

If anyone takes this idea from me, I have proof I AM the first to publisize the idea...Green Box
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:36 pm

chiefhog44 wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:
PulpExposure wrote:

If anyone takes this idea from me, I have proof I AM the first to publisize the idea...Green Box

Obviously I have no proof but to me it seems we.. umm.. people do it more leisurely than by RX. I'm saying that because I know lets just throw a number out there.. 20 people who smoke weed and not one of them have an RX for it. :lol: Now, that doesn't mean if it becomes legal as an RX those same 20 people wouldn't suddenly get sick to try and get an RX... depending on prices I'm sure they would. *cough, cough, wheeze*.. Funniest thing though, marijuana is best used as medicine if its boiled and used as a tea instead of smoking it. Extraction I think is what its called? But hey, whatever though.. legalizing it won't change much because they'll tax it so hard people would say screw it and still go to the nontaxable weed man IMO.

tribe

Postby tribeofjudah » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:57 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:
chiefhog44 wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:
PulpExposure wrote:

Obviously I have no proof but to me it seems we.. umm.. people do it more leisurely than by RX. I'm saying that because I know lets just throw a number out there.. 20 people who smoke weed and not one of them have an RX for it. :lol: Now, that doesn't mean if it becomes legal as an RX those same 20 people wouldn't suddenly get sick to try and get an RX... depending on prices I'm sure they would. *cough, cough, wheeze*.. Funniest thing though, marijuana is best used as medicine if its boiled and used as a tea instead of smoking it. Extraction I think is what its called? But hey, whatever though.. legalizing it won't change much because they'll tax it so hard people would say screw it and still go to the nontaxable weed man IMO.

OR...they could package it like cigarette and BOY....would we have another problem. Kids trying to buy it at the liquor store.

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:33 am

Thought of getting into business by packaging it, but I'm sure the tobacco guys would crush any hopes of doing it. They have that process pretty well hammered out by now.
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:16 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:
PulpExposure wrote:

Look... I have no problem with legalizing it...

I just find this fraud of "medical" marijuana disgusting. There is no such thing. There are available products that contain measured dosings of the active ingredients... without the incredible amounts of tar and other dangerous cohorts of burning the fiber...

I've encountered many of the folks who were active in the "medical marijuana" movement in Maine... known a few for years... and, trust me... very few of them give a damn about the depressed appetites of cancer patients, or the elevated intraoccular pressures of glaucoma patients... they just want easy access to ganja.

Legalize it... fine... let's just stop this crap.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:11 pm

Countertrey wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:
PulpExposure wrote:

Look... I have no problem with legalizing it...

I just find this fraud of "medical" marijuana disgusting. There is no such thing. There are available products that contain measured dosings of the active ingredients... without the incredible amounts of tar and other dangerous cohorts of burning the fiber...

I've encountered many of the folks who were active in the "medical marijuana" movement in Maine... known a few for years... and, trust me... very few of them give a damn about the depressed appetites of cancer patients, or the elevated intraoccular pressures of glaucoma patients... they just want easy access to ganja.

Legalize it... fine... let's just stop this crap.

Agreed. And the reason that little logical fallacy is "going along ok in CA" is because Obama has specifically told the Justice department not to proceed in criminal actions against medical marijuana suppliers, prescribers, or users. However, that's an unofficial policy, and could easily be changed if/when different people take office.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:21 pm

I heard romo didnt get hurt in the first quarter... i had an instant headache.. boy I wish I could have some 'medicine' right now :wink:

Return to The Lounge