Play Time vs. Time to Play

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
scooter

Play Time vs. Time to Play

Postby Scooter » Mon Oct 20, 2003 11:38 am

The Buffalo Bills came out and whipped the Skins butts early and often. There was an obvious lack of focus, a lack of heart and a lack of desire. To me, it looked like the Skins were looking forward to next week ... the BYE week. For my money, it would be the Ba-Bye Week for a lot of guys pretending to be football players! In addition, Steve Spurrier had better find a way to coach at this level. It's time to break things, stomp, scream and shove - the team has to know this is not acceptable. OK, end of rant... your thoughts?

Site Admin

Re: Play Time vs. Time to Play

Postby BossHog » Mon Oct 20, 2003 12:01 pm

Scooter wrote:The Buffalo Bills came out and whipped the Skins butts early and often. There was an obvious lack of focus, a lack of heart and a lack of desire. To me, it looked like the Skins were looking forward to next week ... the BYE week. For my money, it would be the Ba-Bye Week for a lot of guys pretending to be football players! In addition, Steve Spurrier had better find a way to coach at this level. It's time to break things, stomp, scream and shove - the team has to know this is not acceptable. OK, end of rant... your thoughts?

I think that the guys PRETENDING to be football players right now are some of our best players which makes it very difficult to make the bold moves that some would like to see.

1) Chris Samuels... I know that Wingman could do a better job in there than Samuels is, 'cause he'd have more heart in it. I don't know what's wrong with the big guy... but our shut down blind side tackle has disappeared. Some of it's blocking schemes... but there's a lack of effort or desire or something there too.

2) Lavar Arrington... suddenly the only time you hear his name is when he's making a big, STUPID, mistake... most likely hitting a guy out of bounds. He's constantly over-pursuing and leaving his lanes.

3) Champ Bailey... Mr.Lights Out has been really beatable the last two weeks and the TD yesterday when he left the WR and pursued inside was the type of mistake you'd have expected from Bauman, but not from the 'best CB in football' (Can you see how firmly my tongue is stuffed in my cheek)

4) Matt Bowen... where are the big hits... where is anything? What looked like a diamond in the rough is now showing itself to be a little more rough than diamond.

Man I'll go break every dag gone thing in Redskin Park if you think it'll help brother Scooter. you know they don't like having me in the building :) ... may as well give them a reason to toss me this time.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football