Lloyd's offseason routine

Archive of our daily coverage of the Washington Redskins' 2003-2007 Training Camps.
FanFromAnnapolis
Posts: 11168
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:01 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Lloyd's offseason routine

Postby Irn-Bru » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:33 pm

Ever wondered exactly how Lloyd put on that weight this offseason? He writes about it in his training camp blog:

I'd say the main part of my training regimen was eating. I ate six meals per day with the lighter meals later in the day and the heavier meals in the morning.

* My breakfast would consist of a 16-ounce T-bone steak and 10 egg whites. That would be the meal I'd eat before I'd train.
* Right after I'd train, I'd eat two chicken breasts and 8-10 egg whites.
* After that I'd eat fish-maybe 12 ounces of Ahi Tuna, broccoli and a baked potato.
* My fourth meal would be chicken, broccoli, and a baked potato.
* My fifth meal would be a lamb chop or rack of lamb.
* And finally my sixth meal would be fish again.

The tough thing about eating like that is if I ate my breakfast too late or if I didn't eat my in-between meals in time, then I'd be up late trying to finish eating. Seriously -- there were a few nights when I'd fall asleep on the couch while trying to catch up with my eating.



:shock:
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

|||||||
Posts: 4566
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:11 pm
Location: Somewhere, out there.

Re: Lloyd's offseason routine

Postby UK Skins Fan » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:39 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:Ever wondered exactly how Lloyd put on that weight this offseason? He writes about it in his training camp blog:

I'd say the main part of my training regimen was eating. I ate six meals per day with the lighter meals later in the day and the heavier meals in the morning.

* My breakfast would consist of a 16-ounce T-bone steak and 10 egg whites. That would be the meal I'd eat before I'd train.
* Right after I'd train, I'd eat two chicken breasts and 8-10 egg whites.
* After that I'd eat fish-maybe 12 ounces of Ahi Tuna, broccoli and a baked potato.
* My fourth meal would be chicken, broccoli, and a baked potato.
* My fifth meal would be a lamb chop or rack of lamb.
* And finally my sixth meal would be fish again.

The tough thing about eating like that is if I ate my breakfast too late or if I didn't eat my in-between meals in time, then I'd be up late trying to finish eating. Seriously -- there were a few nights when I'd fall asleep on the couch while trying to catch up with my eating.



:shock:


Isn't that a relatively light day's eating for the average American? :wink:
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

FanFromAnnapolis
Posts: 11168
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:01 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby Irn-Bru » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:43 pm

Close, except he'd have to deep-fry about half of the menu, use more gravy, and add more fries.



(That was a low blow, UK. . . :lowblow: )
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1055
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2004 8:56 pm
Location: New Jersey

Postby Hooligan » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:01 pm

Gotta give the guy a lot of credit. Putting on more weight is hard when you're at a comfortable level. I've been trying to put a few pounds on and I'm not a big eater either. Working out is the easy part. For some it's really tough to keep stuffing your face every couple hours.
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

---
User avatar
Posts: 18573
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: AJT

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:07 pm

Gary Fitzgerald wrote:Lloyd had a disappointing season in 2006, and I initially I thought it best that he focus on football instead of submitting a training camp journal this year.


Is he serious? He sounds like some of you... It's almost as if he thinks that writing 1-2 simple paragraphs about what he did today is....I can't even believe that this is an issue... It's almost like he's comparing writing a paragraph to doing free lance new casting in between practices. Any idiot can write a paragraph, heck I do it (although not that well :? ) but still.

OMG journalism is the most brain intensive thing in teh world!!! Paragraphs write kids for future bright, ooo noooeeezzzzz. I don't know, I'm going crazy.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Fire in the Sky
Posts: 4730
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:31 am
Location: Surfside

Postby SkinsFreak » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:26 pm

I'd have to take a nap after that breakfast, geez. . .

and Jackson
Posts: 8384
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2003 9:37 am
Location: Charles Town, WV

Postby JansenFan » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:24 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Gary Fitzgerald wrote:Lloyd had a disappointing season in 2006, and I initially I thought it best that he focus on football instead of submitting a training camp journal this year.


Is he serious? He sounds like some of you... It's almost as if he thinks that writing 1-2 simple paragraphs about what he did today is....I can't even believe that this is an issue... It's almost like he's comparing writing a paragraph to doing free lance new casting in between practices. Any idiot can write a paragraph, heck I do it (although not that well :? ) but still.

OMG journalism is the most brain intensive thing in teh world!!! Paragraphs write kids for future bright, ooo noooeeezzzzz. I don't know, I'm going crazy.


Where did that quote come from??
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

---
User avatar
Posts: 18573
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: AJT

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:05 am

JansenFan wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Gary Fitzgerald wrote:Lloyd had a disappointing season in 2006, and I initially I thought it best that he focus on football instead of submitting a training camp journal this year.


Is he serious? He sounds like some of you... It's almost as if he thinks that writing 1-2 simple paragraphs about what he did today is....I can't even believe that this is an issue... It's almost like he's comparing writing a paragraph to doing free lance new casting in between practices. Any idiot can write a paragraph, heck I do it (although not that well :? ) but still.

OMG journalism is the most brain intensive thing in teh world!!! Paragraphs write kids for future bright, ooo noooeeezzzzz. I don't know, I'm going crazy.


Where did that quote come from??




http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=27498

3:35 p.m. ET
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

FanFromAnnapolis
Posts: 11168
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:01 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby Irn-Bru » Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:44 am

I hope that Gary Fitzgerald isn't married and that he doesn't have any children; it's my understanding that the Redskins hired him to report on the team, and distractions like that can only do harm.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

The Evil Straw
Posts: 8135
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:30 pm
Location: Leather Chair

Postby Fios » Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:16 am

Irn-Bru wrote:I hope that Gary Fitzgerald isn't married and that he doesn't have any children; it's my understanding that the Redskins hired him to report on the team, and distractions like that can only do harm.


I saw that lazy good-for-nothing stopping to drink some water the other day, I thought "maybe he should be focusing on his JOB instead of his pathetic need for water."
RIP Sean Taylor

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 803
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:57 pm
Location: Fredericksburg Virginia

Postby ChocolateMilk » Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:20 am

Fios wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:I hope that Gary Fitzgerald isn't married and that he doesn't have any children; it's my understanding that the Redskins hired him to report on the team, and distractions like that can only do harm.


I saw that lazy good-for-nothing stopping to drink some water the other day, I thought "maybe he should be focusing on his JOB instead of his pathetic need for water."

ROTFALMAO
R.I.P. Sean Taylor

You will be missed, but never forgotten

and Jackson
Posts: 8384
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2003 9:37 am
Location: Charles Town, WV

Postby JansenFan » Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:23 pm

What a dolt.
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

Return to Redskins Training Camp - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007