Lloyd's offseason routine

Archive of our daily coverage of the Washington Redskins' 2003-2007 Training Camps.
FanFromAnnapolis

Lloyd's offseason routine

Postby Irn-Bru » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:33 pm

Ever wondered exactly how Lloyd put on that weight this offseason? He writes about it in his training camp blog:

I'd say the main part of my training regimen was eating. I ate six meals per day with the lighter meals later in the day and the heavier meals in the morning.

* My breakfast would consist of a 16-ounce T-bone steak and 10 egg whites. That would be the meal I'd eat before I'd train.
* Right after I'd train, I'd eat two chicken breasts and 8-10 egg whites.
* After that I'd eat fish-maybe 12 ounces of Ahi Tuna, broccoli and a baked potato.
* My fourth meal would be chicken, broccoli, and a baked potato.
* My fifth meal would be a lamb chop or rack of lamb.
* And finally my sixth meal would be fish again.

The tough thing about eating like that is if I ate my breakfast too late or if I didn't eat my in-between meals in time, then I'd be up late trying to finish eating. Seriously -- there were a few nights when I'd fall asleep on the couch while trying to catch up with my eating.

:shock:
"I’m never under the assumption that you draft for need. You draft the best available football player on the board. ... Because, in the long run, they are the ones who will help you win the most games." - Scot McCloughan

|||||||

Re: Lloyd's offseason routine

Postby UK Skins Fan » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:39 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:Ever wondered exactly how Lloyd put on that weight this offseason? He writes about it in his training camp blog:

I'd say the main part of my training regimen was eating. I ate six meals per day with the lighter meals later in the day and the heavier meals in the morning.

* My breakfast would consist of a 16-ounce T-bone steak and 10 egg whites. That would be the meal I'd eat before I'd train.
* Right after I'd train, I'd eat two chicken breasts and 8-10 egg whites.
* After that I'd eat fish-maybe 12 ounces of Ahi Tuna, broccoli and a baked potato.
* My fourth meal would be chicken, broccoli, and a baked potato.
* My fifth meal would be a lamb chop or rack of lamb.
* And finally my sixth meal would be fish again.

The tough thing about eating like that is if I ate my breakfast too late or if I didn't eat my in-between meals in time, then I'd be up late trying to finish eating. Seriously -- there were a few nights when I'd fall asleep on the couch while trying to catch up with my eating.

:shock:

Isn't that a relatively light day's eating for the average American? :wink:
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:43 pm

Close, except he'd have to deep-fry about half of the menu, use more gravy, and add more fries.

(That was a low blow, UK. . . :lowblow: )
"I’m never under the assumption that you draft for need. You draft the best available football player on the board. ... Because, in the long run, they are the ones who will help you win the most games." - Scot McCloughan

Hog

Postby Hooligan » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:01 pm

Gotta give the guy a lot of credit. Putting on more weight is hard when you're at a comfortable level. I've been trying to put a few pounds on and I'm not a big eater either. Working out is the easy part. For some it's really tough to keep stuffing your face every couple hours.
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:07 pm

Gary Fitzgerald wrote:Lloyd had a disappointing season in 2006, and I initially I thought it best that he focus on football instead of submitting a training camp journal this year.

Is he serious? He sounds like some of you... It's almost as if he thinks that writing 1-2 simple paragraphs about what he did today is....I can't even believe that this is an issue... It's almost like he's comparing writing a paragraph to doing free lance new casting in between practices. Any idiot can write a paragraph, heck I do it (although not that well :? ) but still.

OMG journalism is the most brain intensive thing in teh world!!! Paragraphs write kids for future bright, ooo noooeeezzzzz. I don't know, I'm going crazy.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Fire in the Sky

Postby SkinsFreak » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:26 pm

I'd have to take a nap after that breakfast, geez. . .

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:24 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Gary Fitzgerald wrote:Lloyd had a disappointing season in 2006, and I initially I thought it best that he focus on football instead of submitting a training camp journal this year.

Is he serious? He sounds like some of you... It's almost as if he thinks that writing 1-2 simple paragraphs about what he did today is....I can't even believe that this is an issue... It's almost like he's comparing writing a paragraph to doing free lance new casting in between practices. Any idiot can write a paragraph, heck I do it (although not that well :? ) but still.

OMG journalism is the most brain intensive thing in teh world!!! Paragraphs write kids for future bright, ooo noooeeezzzzz. I don't know, I'm going crazy.

Where did that quote come from??
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:05 am

JansenFan wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:

Where did that quote come from??

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=27498

3:35 p.m. ET
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:44 am

I hope that Gary Fitzgerald isn't married and that he doesn't have any children; it's my understanding that the Redskins hired him to report on the team, and distractions like that can only do harm.

The Evil Straw

Postby Fios » Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:16 am

Irn-Bru wrote:I hope that Gary Fitzgerald isn't married and that he doesn't have any children; it's my understanding that the Redskins hired him to report on the team, and distractions like that can only do harm.

I saw that lazy good-for-nothing stopping to drink some water the other day, I thought "maybe he should be focusing on his JOB instead of his pathetic need for water."
RIP Sean Taylor

Hog

Postby ChocolateMilk » Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:20 am

Fios wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:I hope that Gary Fitzgerald isn't married and that he doesn't have any children; it's my understanding that the Redskins hired him to report on the team, and distractions like that can only do harm.

I saw that lazy good-for-nothing stopping to drink some water the other day, I thought "maybe he should be focusing on his JOB instead of his pathetic need for water."

ROTFALMAO
R.I.P. Sean Taylor

You will be missed, but never forgotten

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:23 pm

What a dolt.
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

Return to Redskins Training Camp - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007