THN Postgame thread: Skins vs Rams

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
---

THN Postgame thread: Skins vs Rams

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:29 am

This thread is for all postgame discission pertaining to todays game.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby die cowboys die » Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:33 pm

there isn't anything i can say about this game unless it's in the Smack forum. the "defense" is so sickening i don't even know if i'll be able to sleep for a few days. i know we had a bunch of injured guys out there, but other teams lose guys and don't give up seven thousand yards of offense.

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:33 pm

Defense.

And the Betts fumble.

-------

Postby RedskinsFreak » Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:36 pm

Defense lacks basic fundamental tackling skills -- shoulder into the gut, helmet on the side, wrap both arms, drop him to the ground.
***** Hail To The Redskins!!! *****

BA + MS = A New Beginning

Hog

Postby die cowboys die » Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:42 pm

i'm having a hard time understanding why we shouldn't just completely blow the defense the hell up and start over next year.

it seems like at LEAST half the guys out there are simply not talented enough to be NFL starters that can perform well on a consistent basis. at LEAST.

Hog

Postby die cowboys die » Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:48 pm

i would also like to reiterate that joe gibbs is a moron. don't take betts out on key 3rd and shorts anymore. this is obvious to anyone who watches football and has common sense.

||||

Postby Redskins Rule » Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:06 pm

RedskinsFreak wrote:Defense lacks basic fundamental tackling skills -- shoulder into the gut, helmet on the side, wrap both arms, drop him to the ground.

I disagree! The middle underneath stuff was open once Springs went down.....like it has all year.....The Rams knew they had us beat when he went down because all they had to do were underneath routes, quick outs, and running the ball.......

Call this "Ego posting" but DRAFT A CORNER, DRAFT A CORNER, DRAFT A CORNER........PICK UP A CORNER IN FREE AGENCY, PICK UP A CORNER IN FREE AGENCY, PICK UP A CORNER IN FREE AGENCY!

Maybe I should make that in my sig..........ahhhh screw it, i'm just gonna get another beer
Redskins Rule!!!

DUMP SI!!!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:07 pm

What a shame! I'm very disapointed in so many aspects of how our team played today.

I'm actually starting to read and accept some of dcd's posts and thoughts :shock: that in itself is a terrible admission of defeat :?

We obviously have a lot of things to address - this team is not as close to being competitive as I thought this last week.

I'm very glad that we finish at home and against the Giants - this is going to be an interesting week with Tiki coming to our house for his last game and after losing today - that is very small solace for what I went through today but it will be interesting to see and the whole nation will be witness. :oops:
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "the things we’re doing are things he’s comfortable with & complement his strengths"

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:50 pm

Helps our draft pick #....Look at the positives, hell its Christmas.

Postby RamsFanSam » Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:55 pm

Guys, I know you are pissed about losing right now, but do you mind if I say something good about your team?

Supposedly, you had nothing to fight for. But, I saw some damn good plays you guys made. Your defense? Um...better than ours. Each week we make bets on how far over 100 yards of rushing we'll allow.

Guys, don't be upset over the loss. Instead, look at it like this: We did not expect a win, and you made us really work for it. More than once, I was ready to give up on the game. I'm supposed to keep calm, keep my blood pressure low. You put up a better game than the San Francisco farty whiners did, and better than Seattle in my opinion.

You guys only need to make a few minor tweaks to become THE team in your division. I'd bet that this time next year, you've clinched the playoffs, have a first round bye....and will be VERY dangerous.

Now, something more personal:

When I came here, I didn't know what kind of welcome I would recieve. Now, I can tell people you guys not only have a really nice site, but that you fans are great! I'm used to dealing with crap, but you guys are ALL CLASS!!!!

Thank you for making me feel at home. Once again, you guys are great. If the playoffs were decided upon the decency of the fans....you'd be on the way to the Super Bowl.

Merry Christmas, guys. Thanks for a hard fought game. About the heart attacks...not so good.

Here's hoping you guys teach Dallas what a REAL butt whooping is!!!

Since we won't meet again for a while unless we both go all the way next year....GO SKINS!!!!

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:15 pm

No problem. We pretty much don't talk trash unless someone else starts it. (Like Eagles Fans)

Hog

Postby DaSkins24 » Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:38 pm

Gregg Williams must be fired. His "defense" is ridiculously bad. They cannot do the simplest things right (ie, tackle, catch gift INT's, pressure the QB, or stop the run) He is an egomaniac who thinks that his "system", not the players make the defense go. Get rid of him, and get some young talent in here.

###

Postby redskindave » Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:47 pm

Our Defense Stinks!!!!
Hail To The Redskins!
Forty men together can't lose
Blaine Ohio home of Ohios biggest Redskin fan
Every man has to die, Not every man really lives

~~~~~~~~

Postby ii7-V7 » Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:53 pm

OK, we can't "Blow-up" the defense, because we don't have the draft picks to re-stock. Letting to many guys go will result in a huge cap bite. Our defense is aging, and injured. This coupled with the decision to let young talent guys go has crippled us. Now, I'm not happy with Williams decisions. Still, the guy has given us two out of three outstanding years. Even when we were ranked #3 overall we overachieved. This offseason williams will tweak his system. We will once again spend our top pick on a defender (DE, or CB) and we will again be a good defense.

Chad

Hog

Postby 1fan4ramsey » Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:55 pm

die cowboys die wrote:i would also like to reiterate that joe gibbs is a moron. don't take betts out on key 3rd and shorts anymore. this is obvious to anyone who watches football and has common sense.

This is what I can't understand. On key 3rd down plays today, and in previous weeks...also on 1st and goal at the 3 yrd line against the Eagles.....why does he always..freaking...take Betts out of the game. It is mind boggling. Just like, why he stuck with Brunell so long. The simpliest adjustments, that have huge outcomes, everyone knows what should be done...Gibbs just doesn't seem to see it. It's almost like he's putting Duckett in there to apease Duckett, kind of like the Brunell situation. Gibbs is hoping Duckett will do something, and everyone knows Betts should be in there.
don't even

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006