Greetings from Rams Country!!!

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005

Greetings from Rams Country!!!

Postby RamsFanSam » Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:15 pm

I thought I'd come over here, introduce myself, and say hello. Very nice place you guys have here.

It's nice to see your dislike of the Dallas GoatRopers. (If you know rodeo, you'll understand.) Over at our board (ClanRam), we have a member named cowboyhater....it's nice to see we have common interests!

But, now on to the game talk. It looks like you guys are 2 point 'dogs on Sunday. I bet that if you let Arch play, you'd change that spread... 8)

I'll just say I'm hoping for a good, hard fought, injury free game.

cappster

Postby Cappster » Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:47 pm

Why didn't you guys spend more to keep AA? :) Anyways, I hope we smash you guys on sunday! We never know what type of D that will show up on Sunday. If we play like we did against the Saints, we should be able to beat you guys. With that being said, I hope its a good game and may the best team win.

P.S. Welcome to the board.
Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 280x, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

kazoo

Re: Greetings from Rams Country!!!

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:01 pm

RamsFanSam wrote:I thought I'd come over here, introduce myself, and say hello. Very nice place you guys have here.

It's nice to see your dislike of the Dallas GoatRopers. (If you know rodeo, you'll understand.) Over at our board (ClanRam), we have a member named cowboyhater....it's nice to see we have common interests!

But, now on to the game talk. It looks like you guys are 2 point 'dogs on Sunday. I bet that if you let Arch play, you'd change that spread... 8)

Nice introduction. Talk about the Cowgirls and you win friends here right away. Hard fought, injury free is a good objective.

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:10 pm

Welcome to the boards, RFS!

I think the game will be close.

I think both teams are pretty evenly matched with the Rams being slightly better.

This game can go either way but I think the Skins will pull it off.
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

piggie

Postby SO. CAL. SKIN DUDE » Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:06 pm

Living in So Cal, I have many Ram buddies. We've played you guys in back to back years... which makes it fun for us to bet, etc.

Don't know why, but I have a feeling we're going to put a hurt'n on the Rams this week. :lowblow:

Hail!!!
LET'S GET'ER ON GO!!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:23 pm

Thanks for the visit RFS - I am kind of looking forward to this and seeing what has become of "the greatest show on turf".

Hopefully, a hard fought game and no injuries - I see it as being fairly close and probably another patented Redskins nail-biter with the game in the balance and going to the last series.

all the best,

HTTR
Robert Griffin will become a really good QB he's talented and smart

hopefully Kirk Cousins can make things happen till RG3 is ready to play again

HAIL

Week 3 - 27-21

Postby RamsFanSam » Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:11 pm

SkinsJock wrote:Thanks for the visit RFS - I am kind of looking forward to this and seeing what has become of "the greatest show on turf".

The days of the GSOT are gone. Now, in its place, we have a defense that sometimes shows up for games, and when they do, they act like 2 year olds, because they always seem to take the ball away from their playmates.
On the other side of the ball, we have a Pro Bowl QB who doesn't like to share the ball with anyone who isn't wearing Blue and Gold, a whole bunch of WR's that can grab a ball that no one else could touch. Bruce can still 'git-r-done', and Torry Holt is on his way to his SEVENTH consecutive 1300+ yard season. Bruce AND Holt are both Pro Bowl WR's. We also have a TE that we don't use much, but he makes key plays. Then we have our RB's...TWO Pro Bowl RB's...one who is on his way down, but still contributes a lot, and one who not only leads our team in the number of receptions (82 for 680 yds.), but also has 1236 yds on the ground...1916 total. Our O-line is banged up, but we still have the Freak, Alex Barron, at RT, and next to him we have a mean RG named Incognito. Barron is the only one who has played all season, the other four are, well, back-ups, but they seem to be able to hold their own.

Our special teams aren't 'short bus' special anymore. Of course, we have "Money", a.k.a. Jeff Wilkins. We have Willie Ponder returning for us, and we found some guy named Matt Turk, who just lauched a 74 yard punt last week, and has unbelievable hang times with a 43.5 yard average.

I'm sure you've heard of Leonard Little. Too bad you won't see Pisa Tinoisamoa this week. That guy is a freak, too...dislocated elbow, TWICE, a broken hand....and he STILL PLAYED!

BTW, Marc Bulger is only 335 yards away from the 4000 mark. You guys might see him break that mark, but I'll bet he won't pass 4000 until next week.

Well, now you know why I say the GSOT is dead. You'll see a different team than you used to this weekend.

Hog

Postby Skins2daGrave » Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:28 pm

if we could contain Julius Peppers in our Carolina win, i think we can handle Leonard Little.

welcome
16 Ounce Bottle Of Coke: $2
3 Bags Of Chips: $8
40" Plasma Screen TV: $2000
Watching the Cowgirls get beaten in Dallas with 2 4th Quarter TD passes to Santana Moss: Priceless

Re: Greetings from Rams Country!!!

Postby skinsfan#33 » Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:40 am

RamsFanSam wrote:But, now on to the game talk. It looks like you guys are 2 point 'dogs on Sunday. I bet that if you let Arch play, you'd change that spread... 8)

Welcome.

Yep, AA playing would changes us to 9 or 10 point dogs!

By the way he does play. He is our punter's personal protector :roll:
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:11 pm

SO. CAL. SKIN DUDE wrote:Don't know why, but I have a feeling we're going to put a hurt'n on the Rams this week. :lowblow:

Perhaps because Joe Gibbs has NEVER LOST TO THE RAMS.....EVER. My 2 cents

Even with the booby trap the Rams sold us over the summer (Archuleta), they will go down like the Titanic on Sunday. :lol:
Back and better than ever!

Postby skinsfan#33 » Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:14 pm

REDEEMEDSKIN wrote:
SO. CAL. SKIN DUDE wrote:Don't know why, but I have a feeling we're going to put a hurt'n on the Rams this week. :lowblow:

Perhaps because Joe Gibbs has NEVER LOST TO THE RAMS.....EVER. My 2 cents

Even with the booby trap the Rams sold us over the summer (Archuleta), they will go down like the Titanic on Sunday. :lol:

Yeah, Gibbs was 8-0 against the Vikings before this past September.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Hog

Postby Skins2daGrave » Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:18 pm

STOP BEING CONFIDENT IN A W!! WE ALWAYS LOSE WHEN PEOPLE EXPECT US TO WIN!!! AND I GET PISSED!
16 Ounce Bottle Of Coke: $2
3 Bags Of Chips: $8
40" Plasma Screen TV: $2000
Watching the Cowgirls get beaten in Dallas with 2 4th Quarter TD passes to Santana Moss: Priceless

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:20 pm

Skins2daGrave wrote:STOP BEING CONFIDENT IN A W!! WE ALWAYS LOSE WHEN PEOPLE EXPECT US TO WIN!!! AND I GET PISSED!

Actually, the last time I WASN'T confident in a W, I picked the Saints in Hognostications and lost my seat on the bandwagon. :oops:

So, in that case....

:rock: REDSKINS WILL STEAMROLL THE RAMS BY 20!!!! :rock:

HTTR
Back and better than ever!

####

Postby JPM36 » Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:03 pm

You want to make friends here?

Take Archuleta back to STL.
R.I.P. Christopher Wallace (May 21, 1972 - March 9, 1997)

R.I.P. Sean Taylor (April 1, 1983 - November 27, 2007)

|

Postby sch1977 » Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:56 pm

JPM36 wrote:You want to make friends here?

Take Archuleta back to STL.

Actually, we will pay you!!! Get the ole check book Danny!!
Taylor and Landry will take no Prisoners!! - I just can't bring myself to delete it!

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006