You guys look pretty good so far

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

You guys look pretty good so far

Postby SirSmizzy » Mon Sep 15, 2003 12:33 pm

Remember me guys?

You played pretty good this week too.

Good luck with the rest of the year,ill be back to chat later.

Coles is great...

Where is chad morton?
Welcome Home Coles

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon Sep 15, 2003 1:52 pm

sirSmizzy!!!!

Sorry about yesterday's defeat.

Coles is great...

He sure looks like the real deal to me. You just don't put up 180 yards when you're not.

Where is chad morton?

Running for his life behind our typically poor, uncoached, special teams unit. He's had nothing to work with so far... and you know what... he's done nothing with it. So far, he's the only Jetskin that's been a little disappointing... although no blocking tends to make it tough for a kick returner.

Hall banged another 54 yarder through yesterday... we'll take his 'average' leg any day. We've already had more 50+ yarders this year than the last 10 combined (it seems... that's probably not actually true). He did miss yesterday from 51 though, but we're used to that.

I hope Pennington rolls back into form soon... the way Edwards was talking yesterday... the team has to be feeling a little dejected today. While as a non-Jets fan I found his comments hilarious, I wouldn't imagine there were too many Jets fans that think it's very funny.

Are the running problems because of the offense, or is C. Martin just seeing his twilight?

Thanks for popping back in, it's good to have you as always.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

-------

Postby RedskinsFreak » Mon Sep 15, 2003 2:44 pm

BossHog wrote:sirSmizzy!!!!

Where is chad morton?

Running for his life behind our typically poor, uncoached, special teams unit. He's had nothing to work with so far... and you know what... he's done nothing with it. So far, he's the only Jetskin that's been a little disappointing... although no blocking tends to make it tough for a kick returner.

This is something I've found curious for the past two years. Going back to Marty's year. He brought Mike Stock (the spec. teams coach) with him from K.C. KC Star columnist Jason Whitlock obviously has a Marty vendetta from back in the Chiefs days. But for as much as JW didn't care for MS, he went and wrote that Stock was the worst position coach in the league.

Then, when Marty leaves, Stock is one of the few coaches retained by Spurrier.

Whitlock just might have a valid point, vendetta aside and all.
***** Hail To The Redskins!!! *****

BA + MS = A New Beginning

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon Sep 15, 2003 3:14 pm

Actually, I found Whitlock's comments on Marty to be ridiculous, and put no faith in them whatsoever. He was just spewing venom.

But they say if you let 1,000,000 monkeys on to a 1,000,000 typewriters that eventually they'll randomly type up the bible.

So Whitlock is bound to be right eventually.

And I think you're right RedskinsFreak... Stock is one topic, where Whitlock was bang on. I don't know why Stock was retained when Marty left, or how he kept his job after last year, but when you spend so long underachieving... shouldn't you eventually look to the guy who's supposed to be responsible for the group?

If he was unceremoniously dumped before season's end, I would have a party. I don't wish ill on anyone, but if you're getting in the way of our football team... sayonara.

We must fix this problem or it will bite us in the ass. Ken Harvey told me before the season started that he was worried that we hadn't done anything to improve our special teams other than add Morton. he also added that he thought it was crazy that a ST demon like Eddie Mason had not been re-signed.

Who am I to argue with Ken Harvey?

HTTR
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Mon Sep 15, 2003 3:29 pm

A lot smaller? :)

I agree, and I hinged my 5th quarter grade one special teams on not only Hall and Barker performing well, but the coverage being hit and miss. Third big run back in two games, and two medium runbacks in two games. I don't know about you all, but if I was Mike Stock I would be saving my money getting ready to look for a job.

On a lighter note - the Skins on Madden 2004 (just released for the PC -YAY-) are rated pretty good for special teams. LOL - Ramsey is iffy and the special teams are good? S'yeah - right.
Rich in Roanoke

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Mon Sep 15, 2003 4:37 pm

i say fire helton, and stock both. obviously if defensive coordinators around the league all say the washington line is easily beaten, somthing is wrong. talent is no excuse this year on the line. and i think hall and barker are doing oustanding jobs. while morton does need better blocking, he made some pretty dumb plays thus far. i'm not saying he hasn't upgraded the return unit, but its not working as a whole.(stock???) i think a few individuals are performing to very high standards, but the unit as a whole just isn't getting the job done. i love the way the offense and defense perform, but when are we gonna get some decent field position to work with. :roll:
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Mon Sep 15, 2003 4:58 pm

That is my question entirely woohit! I mean, how can Chad return the ball if the blockers don't block - he doesn't have super capabilities without the 10 men in front of him doing something.

Did we truly think by upgrading Morton and Hall that we would become better blockers? Maybe his schemes to block and cover for kicks are outdated like the rest of Marty's staff?

Think about it - what teams are known for their phenomenal special teams play - we have never been known for superb play - just a couple of good players, but nothing really special. When in the heck is Snyder gonna figure out that Stock is below par on this?
Rich in Roanoke

Hog

Postby skinsfanno9 » Tue Sep 16, 2003 12:16 am

I think part of the problem with the line is Spurrier's philosophy - supposedly he doesn't like lots of variations in line work, but truly, with people blitzing us there is no margin for error. Anyone know what Russ Grimm is up to these days? Coaching? Maybe Jeff Bostic???

As for special teams, they have been "special" ever since Stock has been here and before. He has done nothing to change things. I don't get why he's still here.

Hog

Postby SirSmizzy » Tue Sep 16, 2003 2:10 am

He(coles) sure looks like the real deal to me. You just don't put up 180 yards when you're not.

Coles is the real deal,i never said he wasn't....He was my favorite jet.Ive watched every single coles play in a jets uniform and the guy is a STUD.I didnt think Ramsey was going to be able to step up & get the ball to him as the way he has so far.Just get coles the ball.The kid does amazing work after the catch.Just wait till they figure out he is just as effective on 5 yd slants as his is at 15yd post pattern's.

We have the best special teams coach in the game in Mike Westoff.This guy can make sh*t look like gold.Of all the "jetskins"chad will be your only dissapointment,the guy might be fast but he has no RB skills.He is a mediocre at best RB.Westoff made this guy the star he is,his week 1 effort against the bills for us was hugh,but after that it was all blocking from there on out.
Hall banged another 54 yarder through yesterday... we'll take his 'average' leg any day. We've already had more 50+ yarders this year than the last 10 combined (it seems... that's probably not actually true). He did miss yesterday from 51 though, but we're used to that.
His rookie year he set the touchback record and was steller on Fg's....after that he become very inconsistant form 35 and in.His leg is strong,its his accuracy you have to worry about.Plus He thinks himself out of alot of kicks.Maybe he has recommited himself and is looking to have a career year.

Are the running problems because of the offense, or is C. Martin just seeing his twilight?
The O-line stinks right now and as for curtis he starts like this every year,its really to early to tell with him.Ill tell you week 5.
Our Offensive cordinater Paul"i just cant"Hackett didnt have a game plan for vinny in our game,yesterday was better.thats obvoius with his 377yds passing yesterday
Thanks for popping back in, it's good to have you as always.
You run a Quality site here Big Boss Man and i always love a good football conversation.
Last edited by SirSmizzy on Tue Sep 16, 2003 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome Home Coles

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Tue Sep 16, 2003 11:43 am

thanks for all your kind words SirSmizzy

good luck the rest of the season
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football