Shockey Nursing Ankle

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Shockey Nursing Ankle

Postby 1niksder » Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:31 pm

SHOCKEY NURSING ANKLE

December 28, 2006 -- As the Giants head into a game with massive playoff implications that will determine whether they finish 7-9 or 8-8, there are concerns about the availability of tight end Jeremy Shockey, who is hobbled with a sprained ankle.

Shockey, who has battled ankle problems on and off this season, was injured in last week's 30-7 loss to the Saints. As the Giants practiced yesterday, Shockey was not on the field. He is listed as questionable for Saturday night's game against the Redskins at FedEx Field. Shockey and Tiki Barber are the Giants' only two Pro Bowlers, and Shockey leads the team with 66 receptions. There is no real replacement on the roster for the threat Shockey poses at tight end.

There's a good chance the two penalties for head-butting opponents called on Bob Whitfield is enough for Tom Coughlin, who is prepared to bench the veteran left tackle. The likely scenario is to move David Diehl from left guard out to left tackle and insert backup Grey Ruegamer in at left guard.

Complicating the matter yesterday was the fact Diehl missed practice to be with his wife, Nichole, who gave birth to the couple's first child, a daughter named Addison Elizabeth. Also complicating the situation is that Rich Seubert, a more natural fit to move in at guard, is sidelined with a shin injury that will keep him out of this game.

Retiring Barber on a conference call with the Redskins media said he cannot concentrate fully on the opponent during the week. "I am sitting in a meeting and instead of being solely focused on the Washington Redskins, I will be thinking about other things," Barber admitted.
The reality has set in that Michael Strahan will not be coming back. Strahan, after missing six straight games, returned last week vs. the Saints, only to reinjure his right mid-foot sprain. Strahan was placed on season-ending injured reserve and might require surgery. "Without him in the huddle, of course we felt the difference, LB Brandon Short said. "It's other guys' responsibility to step up in the absence of a leader like that. If he goes down, somebody else has to step up."

WOW
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

||||

Postby Redskins Rule » Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:16 am

WOW! is right! with shockey out of the lineup.......we might actually be able to cover everybody!

And Tiki "thinking about other things" this team has me thinking that they've quit!

If we lose to these guys I'm gonna throw up!
Redskins Rule!!!

DUMP SI!!!

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:58 am

Is he also nursing his stone-hands?

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:43 pm

Shockey didn't make the trip for this weekends game
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006