Free Dream Seats and Purple Parking Pass to Panthers game

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:41 am

Did you folks ever hear of this word called "fate"? Well, for a lot of reasons, I'm a big believer in "fate". Here's a big example.

As you all know, I didn't make it to the Panthers game, a game where I intended to propose to my girlfriend. Instead, we stayed local and I proposed to her up in Delaware.

Well.

On Tuesday, on my way to work, my truck broke down on me...about 1/2 mile away from my home. It stalled and wouldn't start. I got out, walked around, and noticed it was leaking gas.

Well, I had to call the fire department to come out and make the area "safe" before I had it towed to the dealer. The police also came out (I knew the cop from my days as a prosecutor). A few hours later, my vehicle was on the way to the dealer. I then went to work on my Harley (thankfully, it was a nice day).

The dealer worked on it and discovered my fuel filter and lock was faulty so the fuel flow was disrupted.

Now, if I went to the Redskins-Panthers game, considering when this happened, I'm guessing my vehicle would have broke down on I-95 on the way to the game that day. I probably would have missed the entire game. I would not have been able to propose to my girlfriend there. It would have completely sucked!!

So, instead, I didn't go to the game. I got engaged on that day and my vehicle broke down only 1/2 mile from my house 2 days later.

Again, do you believe in "fate"? I certainly do.

OH, BY THE WAY, WE SET A DATE! SUNDAY, OCTOBER 7, 2007!!!! I think we're gonna make it a "destination wedding", getting married in the Caribbean.

What does that mean for all of you?

If the Redskins are playing a home game that day, I'll be giving my tickets away again for that game. If we decide to honeymoon for more than a week and the Redskins have a home game on 10/14/07 as well, I'll be giving my tickets away to that game as well.

Call me crazy, but I much prefer just giving my tickets away to you folks here "for free" than trying to sell them at face value (which would be around $650 for both). Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing I made some Redskins Fan/THN Family member happy, ya know?

Well, keep your eyes open next October!!!!
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

“Do not be misled: Bad company corrupts good character.” 1 Corinthians 15:33

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:20 pm

Great story. Praise God that nothing happened to you. :celebrate:

On a related note, since it appears that "No Justice at FedEX = automatic wins for Skins", we're AT least guaranteed 2 wins next season, on account of your nuptials. :up:

Thanks for doing your part. :lol:

HTTR
Back and better than ever!

The Evil Straw

Postby Fios » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:26 pm

Very fortunate indeed, congrats on setting a date
RIP Sean Taylor

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:03 pm

Great story Justice - I am a firm believer in fate and that a lot of things happen for a reason :?

I know the seats are only available to non ticket holders and that is going to be a fun scramble next year when the schedule comes out :up:

I will not be surprised if you are not already thinking of making it interesting?? :twisted:
It's that time of the year - RUN THE DAMN BALL - if they figure out how to stop it then find another way to RUN THE DAMN BALL

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:19 pm

I got dibs.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:39 pm

JSPB22 wrote:I got dibs.

Get in line. [-(
Back and better than ever!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:02 pm

REDEEMEDSKIN wrote:

Get in line. [-(

Right in front of you!

So sorry, you forgot to post your desire for the seats.

REDEEMEDSKIN wrote:Great story. Praise God that nothing happened to you. :celebrate:

On a related note, since it appears that "No Justice at FedEX = automatic wins for Skins", we're AT least guaranteed 2 wins next season, on account of your nuptials. :up:

Thanks for doing your part. :lol:

HTTR

Hail to the Redskins!

~~~

Postby Champsturf » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:31 pm

AWESOME story Justice, and congrats again. To think I was disappointed for DcD missing the first half. You would've missed the WHOLE game.

As far as next season, I think that an out-of-state DIEHARD that has NEVER been to FedEx or RFK should get be first in line. It just so happens that I am all of the above. :shock: I've only seen the Skins once...Cleveland in a loss :( Whatever I need to do to solidify my position for first in line, let me know. I've already told my wife that I may be going, so she'll be ready for the news.

HTTR

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:37 am

Champsturf wrote:As far as next season, I think that an out-of-state DIEHARD that has NEVER been to FedEx or RFK should get be first in line.

I agree on the out-of-state thing, but the never been to a game thing just shows your lack of commitment to the team. I on the other hand, have often made a special trip out-of-state just to attend a 'Skins game. Besides, I spoke up first. :nana:

Hail to the Redskins!

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:41 am

JSPB22 wrote:
Champsturf wrote:As far as next season, I think that an out-of-state DIEHARD that has NEVER been to FedEx or RFK should get be first in line.

I agree on the out-of-state thing, but the never been to a game thing just shows your lack of commitment to the team. I on the other hand, have often made a special trip out-of-state just to attend a 'Skins game. Besides, I spoke up first. :nana:

What if you are unable to get to the area doing the season, or station out of country and can't get leave or you've been stuck in a war, stuck cleaning up after a war. or just plain stuck out of the area, and may have some free time soon?
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:44 am

REDEEMEDSKIN wrote:

Get in line. [-(

JSPB22 wrote:
REDEEMEDSKIN wrote:

Get in line. [-(

Right in front of you!

So sorry, you forgot to post your desire for the seats.

He's got you there TRO
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:43 pm

Well what do ya know? JH showed up to todays game and we lost. Sell the rest of your tickets! :-)
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

...unadulterated

Postby Hoss » Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:27 pm

Jake wrote:Well what do ya know? JH showed up to todays game and we lost. Sell the rest of your tickets! :-)

it's the right thing to do.
People may not remember exactly what you did
or what you said....

~BUT~
they will ALWAYS remember how you made them feel.

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:44 pm

Wow. Now I think I'll try an experiment. In one of the next two home games, I'll tell y'all that I can't make the game and we'll see what happens.

Hmmmm.

Jake wrote:Well what do ya know? JH showed up to todays game and we lost. Sell the rest of your tickets! :-)

I'm really surprised you didn't say "GIVE AWAY" the rest of your tickets!

Oh, and by the way, I did actually attend the Jaguars game, and the Cowboys game this year - both wins.
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

“Do not be misled: Bad company corrupts good character.” 1 Corinthians 15:33

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:13 pm

Justice Hog wrote:Wow. Now I think I'll try an experiment. In one of the next two home games, I'll tell y'all that I can't make the game and we'll see what happens.

Hmmmm.

I'm really surprised you didn't say "GIVE AWAY" the rest of your tickets!

Oh, and by the way, I did actually attend the Jaguars game, and the Cowboys game this year - both wins.

That was just coincidence. :wink:
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006