Latest on Johnny Manziel's attempt at comeback

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
Skins History Buff

Latest on Johnny Manziel's attempt at comeback

Postby welch » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:48 am

If I had to choose, I'd pick Robert Griffin III over Johnny Manziel, though both are better fitted to the CFL than the NFL.

The plan for Johnny Manziel was to use the Spring League game to show off in front of NFL scouts, proving that he is capable of playing quarterback at a high level.

There were flashes of the old Johnny Football, but the results were … mixed. He completed his first seven passes, including one for a touchdown, but was sacked three times and, at the end of the day in Austin, he had completed 9-of-15 attempts for 82 yards in about two quarters of play.

“It’s disappointing, some of the things that happened,” said Manziel, who was playing in his first game in nearly 2 1/2 years (per ESPN), “but nevertheless, it’s a huge step for me. I put pads back on. A lot of people wrote me off just to even get to this point. I’m definitely emotional about it. I’m definitely happy about it. This isn’t the end goal for me, but I’m having fun again. I have a smile on my face.”

Full story at:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/ear ... 8e443ac93b

Hog

Re: Latest on Johnny Manziel's attempt at comeback

Postby flamethrower » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:40 pm

New Football League starting next spring has already signed Maziel. We all know that is just to sell tickets. They had an exhibition game. Manziel according to the stat line was horrible
Cowturd hater in the house.
Majesty rider in the house.
Cowturd troll owner here
Does Brokeback mountain mean anything to cowturd fanatics?

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Sat May 19, 2018 6:48 pm

Johnny Manziel is returning to football, with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats

By Cindy Boren May 19 at 11:56 AM

Johnny Manziel is doing what he needs to do to play professional football again, announcing Saturday morning that he will play in the Canadian Football League.

“Made the decision today to sign my contract with the CFL and further my career after a long break,” he tweeted. “Very grateful for everyone that’s been supporting me along the way. I believe this is the best opportunity for me moving forward and I’m eager for what the future holds.”

It’s not the NFL, but it’s a start. He’ll be playing for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats, who open training camp Sunday and play their first preseason game June 1. The team’s first regular season game is June 16, and Manziel has agreed to a two-year deal with them.

Full story at: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/ear ... 1bf56b0dfd

Hog

Postby flamethrower » Sun May 20, 2018 1:12 am

This should have happened about 5 years ago. But, I feel that Manziel will only get as good as he puts the effort into the CFL.
He should not get a start this year. But, next year if he is still on the roster maybe.
And, as far as I am concerned. The Jury is out, and will be out unless Hamilton cuts him.
Cowturd troll owner here

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Tue May 22, 2018 4:56 pm

I would start Manziel at Hamilton. The coach, June Jones, says that Manziel is perfect for CFL. Robert Griffin III should sign there, given that CFL players are lighter than the NFL and that Griffin is probably still fast enough to out-run defensive players. Griffin pick the wrong league. So be it. Maybe Manziel is lucky that the NFL does not want him?

Hog

Postby flamethrower » Wed May 23, 2018 3:38 pm

It takes about 1 year for a quarterback to make the adjustment to the CFL. And, with Manziel not playing in a few years. I agree that he does have the potential. But, "Greatest CFL QB". Sorry but, Warren Moon, or Doug Flutie he's gonna need a few seasons to surpass.
As far as RG3 playing up there also. Well he also will need a year to adapt to the Canadian game.
Cowturd troll owner here

Return to Around the League