My team's new stadium

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?
Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:31 am

I think you may still make it, Cardiff are chokers remember!

I'm dreading the next few days, our season is about to go pear-shaped big time!

We have the scum from the lane in the FA Cup semi-final and the best team in the world in the Champions League three days later! So thanks to the money-grabbing genius of the English FA, rather than play the cup semi on the Friday night or Saturday afternoon we instead have a 6pm start on Sunday evening. We're the last English representative in Europe and that's how they back us!!!

We played Napoli and the Italian FA moved their games from Sunday to the Friday before just to give them extra time to prepare!

So we have thousands of scousers catching a 7am train to London to play each other at midday on Saturday whilst we get the latest possible time to play our game ahead of a match against Barcelona.

I can see us resting players and going out of the cup on Sunday and then going out bravely against Barca after a valient effort.

In between the Barca games we go to Arsenal in the league, so with an eye on the return at the Camp Neu we'll no doubt cement our place outside of the top four as well with defeat there!!!

I just hope Di Matteo has a master plan....

[-o<
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 am

Well, I think I'll gloss over yesterday's trip to Upton Park, lol. I think the wheels have now come off of our promotion bus, and our lack of power and strength throughout the team is starting to finally take it's toll. No matter - a few key acquisitions in the offseason, and we could be there or thereabouts next season. Keeping Vicente would be huge for us too, but I'm not sure if that will be possible.

The whole idea of playing both FA Cup semis at Wembley is appalling to me, and the fact that they are both played on different days is even worse. It would have been far too sensible and considerate to have the Liverpool v Everton at Old Trafford, of course. And the Chelsea v Tottenham game could have been at The Emirates.

Football supporters come a long way down the list of priorities for the authorities.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:05 am

Last year's promotion campaign ground to a halt in April, but this year's version is off to a storming start :-) Top of the league this morning, yes sir!

An RGIII-like performance by my boys last night to see off Sheffield Wednesday by 3 goals to nil.

The stadium has now been expanded to a capacity of 27,500, the noise is fantastic, and the football is a joy to watch. Happy days :-)

Oh, and did I mention our 3-1 victory over the European Champions from Chelsea during preseason?

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:19 am

UK Skins Fan wrote:Last year's promotion campaign ground to a halt in April, but this year's version is off to a storming start :-) Top of the league this morning, yes sir!

An RGIII-like performance by my boys last night to see off Sheffield Wednesday by 3 goals to nil.

The stadium has now been expanded to a capacity of 27,500, the noise is fantastic, and the football is a joy to watch. Happy days :-)

Oh, and did I mention our 3-1 victory over the European Champions from Chelsea during preseason?

Well done, I hope it continues for you.

But noone is really interested in your silly little win over a jet-lagged team of Chelsea reserves in preseason.....

:oops:
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:58 am

Ha ha - I was wondering when that little dig would appear on your radar ;-)

Don't know what Noone has to do with it though - we sold him to Cardiff ;-)

Return to The Lounge