Biggest problem with NCAA Football Div 1 FCS

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?
Hog
User avatar
Posts: 3155
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2003 9:17 am
Location: A place way to HOT to handle

Re: Biggest problem with NCAA Football Div 1 FCS

Postby TexasCowboy » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:11 pm

I love how dumb people ^^^ see above ^^^ are basically spouting off the same rhetoric but believe they are making an entirely different argument altogether. Yes, he is that dumb, NO you cannot make it up it really is what it is

carry on
People don't like the truth because many times the truth takes them out of their comfort zone - Jesse Ventura

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1528
Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 3:12 am
Location: Down the road on my Yamaha Majesty

Re: Biggest problem with NCAA Football Div 1 FCS

Postby flamethrower » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:31 pm

Mod's are personal attacks now allowed in the Lounge area? Because the troll just launched one. Countertrey told both of us to cease. I did. But, the troll continues. Well Mods you can close this thread. Cause the troll chose to derail it with a personal attack.
Cowturd hater in the house.
Majesty rider in the house.
Cowturd troll owner here
Does Brokeback mountain mean anything to cowturd fanatics?

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 3155
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2003 9:17 am
Location: A place way to HOT to handle

Re: Biggest problem with NCAA Football Div 1 FCS

Postby TexasCowboy » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:46 am

I am attacking your comment this isn't Willy Wonka there is NO sugar coating and if you insist on complaining your comment to DE is a direct personal attack about me, claiming I did not have a clue, well it just so turns out that I do in fact have a clue regarding this subject

so stop the embarrassment already and move on
People don't like the truth because many times the truth takes them out of their comfort zone - Jesse Ventura

Diesel
Posts: 7246
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:03 pm
Location: FedEx Field

Re: Biggest problem with NCAA Football Div 1 FCS

Postby DEHog » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:23 pm

TexasCowboy wrote:I am attacking your comment this isn't Willy Wonka there is NO sugar coating and if you insist on complaining your comment to DE is a direct personal attack about me, claiming I did not have a clue, well it just so turns out that I do in fact have a clue regarding this subject

so stop the embarrassment already and move on

Well your “clue” is a little misguided in this case. You really don’t have an understanding of the levels of college football, but I get your point. I don’t think any FBS schools are going to reclass to Division II unless there are some drastic changes at the university....It usually goes the other way.
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 3155
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2003 9:17 am
Location: A place way to HOT to handle

Re: Biggest problem with NCAA Football Div 1 FCS

Postby TexasCowboy » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:37 pm

Probably not, Division 1 schools get a great deal of money from alumni and boosters which includes a pay day for the loser of the various bowl games they play in? my beef. Is that because there are so many Division 1
schools, the NCAA has got this whole playoff system all screwed up

take this year

Wisconsin was left out when they clearly earned a right to at least contend rather than? being left out in the cold, Oklahoma (can't stand) wins the Big 12, Clemson I believe won the ACC title then you got Georgia and Alabama, who does not deserve the 4th spot at 11-1

to me all this confusion is easily solved if you take the other schools out of the picture and go to a
better format, with more out of conference games then decide who should play for the national title?
People don't like the truth because many times the truth takes them out of their comfort zone - Jesse Ventura

Diesel
Posts: 7246
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:03 pm
Location: FedEx Field

Re: Biggest problem with NCAA Football Div 1 FCS

Postby DEHog » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:15 am

:hmm: What does that have to do with team moving to different divisions? The playoff struture in the FBS is a different topic.
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 3155
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2003 9:17 am
Location: A place way to HOT to handle

Re: Biggest problem with NCAA Football Div 1 FCS

Postby TexasCowboy » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:08 pm

Oy vey, it's not a different topic when 129 Division 1 schools are all competing for the same national title every single year, The problem is the 129 that is entirely too many Division 1 schools compare that to the NFL, 32 teams, 4 divisions, 1 divisional winner, 6 playoff spots, 2 of which are wild-card positions, the format is better because there is NO confusion on who gets in and who has to wait till next year before getting another chance

plus in the NFL you get a better chance at a strength of schedule, more out of conference games and you can lock in a playoff spot without even having a title game unless it comes down to 2 teams competing for the division, This is the stark contrast which makes the NFL's way of doing things better. College goes through all the hoops has entirely too many bowl games, and screws things up when it comes to selection

Eliminate the problem, problem solved
People don't like the truth because many times the truth takes them out of their comfort zone - Jesse Ventura

Diesel
Posts: 7246
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:03 pm
Location: FedEx Field

Re: Biggest problem with NCAA Football Div 1 FCS

Postby DEHog » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:43 pm

I think you can make an argument that it’s easier in college…you can recruit, set your own schedule, and carry a ton of players on your roster. The only issue with D1 FBS is there’s only 4 team allowed into the playoffs…while all the others have 16 or more. The NFL is all set…strength of schedule is a joke, 14 games are already pre-determined…only two are done by precious years results.
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 3155
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2003 9:17 am
Location: A place way to HOT to handle

Postby TexasCowboy » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:46 pm

OK point well taken, That in college you can hand pick the opponents you want to face? as opposed to the NFL who go through a roulette wheel system of (X) number of years which determines which non-conference opponents you will face? and while, Yes, Colleges are looking for the top prospects coming out of high school, to play in Division 1, The NFL isn't exactly looking for scrubs to come to their "respected" teams in order to win a Lombardi title at some point

overall, The way the NFL handles their system is in many ways "Better" lesser teams, divisions, and a playoff system that at least gets it right as to who belongs and who waits, personally the NCAA could learn a few things (IMO) about ways to make it better and easier, than having it so damn confusing/complicated where it just turns into more of a mess than it should be
People don't like the truth because many times the truth takes them out of their comfort zone - Jesse Ventura

Diesel
Posts: 7246
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:03 pm
Location: FedEx Field

Re:

Postby DEHog » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:01 pm

TexasCowboy wrote:OK point well taken, That in college you can hand pick the opponents you want to face? as opposed to the NFL who go through a roulette wheel system of (X) number of years which determines which non-conference opponents you will face? and while, Yes, Colleges are looking for the top prospects coming out of high school, to play in Division 1, The NFL isn't exactly looking for scrubs to come to their "respected" teams in order to win a Lombardi title at some point

overall, The way the NFL handles their system is in many ways "Better" lesser teams, divisions, and a playoff system that at least gets it right as to who belongs and who waits, personally the NCAA could learn a few things (IMO) about ways to make it better and easier, than having it so damn confusing/complicated where it just turns into more of a mess than it should be

Yea maybe, but they have alot of "PR" work to do after this nightmare of a season....I would argue the college game was much more popular this year!
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 3155
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2003 9:17 am
Location: A place way to HOT to handle

Re: Biggest problem with NCAA Football Div 1 FCS

Postby TexasCowboy » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:08 pm

Agreed, their PR could use work, and that the college game has grown in popularity since you don't have all the controversy over Anthem sitting and the other mindless crap that is currently going on in the NFL.
People don't like the truth because many times the truth takes them out of their comfort zone - Jesse Ventura

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1528
Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 3:12 am
Location: Down the road on my Yamaha Majesty

Re: Biggest problem with NCAA Football Div 1 FCS

Postby flamethrower » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:25 am

Paging Col.Mustard, Mr.Green, Prof.Plum, Mrs.Scarlett, Mrs.White, Mrs.Peacock, and Wadsworth the butler.
Cowturd hater in the house.
Majesty rider in the house.
Cowturd troll owner here
Does Brokeback mountain mean anything to cowturd fanatics?

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 3155
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2003 9:17 am
Location: A place way to HOT to handle

Re: Biggest problem with NCAA Football Div 1 FCS

Postby TexasCowboy » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:13 am

Nothing like a thread hijacker to ruin the course of the conversation ^^^^^^^^
People don't like the truth because many times the truth takes them out of their comfort zone - Jesse Ventura

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1528
Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 3:12 am
Location: Down the road on my Yamaha Majesty

Re: Biggest problem with NCAA Football Div 1 FCS

Postby flamethrower » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:25 pm

Gee let's look at who started this thread. Instead of complaining about my comments. Seeing as how I started this thread.
flamethrower wrote:How would you fix this mess. Enough money from TV to actually fix this mess if done right.
How would I do this. For starters scrap the G-5, and P-5 nonsense. Then put all 128, or how many schools there are in geographically located conferences that actually make sense, and restore some of the traditional historic rivalries that have been thrown away.
I'll Start with the 1 conference that actually makes sense
PAC 12 becomes the PAC 16 Pacific Division, and Western Division
The Pacific Division would be the traditional Pac schools
USC, UCLA,Cal, Stanford, Oregon, Oregon State, Washington, Washington State
Western Division
Arizona State, Arizona, UNLV, Nevada, Hawaii, San Diego Sate, Fresno State, and San Jose State
Mountain West Confernece
Northern Division
Boise State, Idaho, BYU, Utah, Utah State, Wyoming, Colorado, Colorado State
Southern Division
Air Force, New Mexico, New Mexico State, UTEP, UTSA, Texas State, Rice, North Texas State
South Western Conference
Northern Division
Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Tulsa, Arkansas, Arkansas State, Texas Tech, SMU, and TCU
Southern Division
Texas, Baylor, Texas A&M, U of Houston, LSU, La Tech, U La Monroe, U La Lafayette
Mid Western conference
Western Division
Nebraska, Kansas State, Kansas, Minnesota, Iowa, Iowa State, Missouri, and Wisconsin
Eastern Division
Illinois, Northwestern, Northern Illinois, Ball State, Indiana, Purdue, Notre Dame, Western Kentucky
Central Conference
western division
Kentucky, Louisville, Tennessee, Eastern Michigan, Western Michigan, Michigan, Michigan State, Central Michigan
Eastern Division
Akron, Bowling Green, Cincinnati, Kent State, Miami Ohio, Ohio U, Ohio State, Toledo
Gulf Coast
Western Division
Tulane, S. Alabama, Alabama, Auburn, Troy, Ole Miss, Miss State, Southern Miss
Eastern Division
U A B, Vanderbilt, MTSU, Memphis, Florida I U, Florida A U, S Florida, U C Florida
Atlantic
Northern Division
Appalachian State, Charlotte, Duke, East Carolina, North Carolina, Wake Forest, Coastal Carolina, and Clemson
Southern Division
Georgia, Georgia Tech, Georgia State, Florida, South Carolina, Miami Florida, Florida, Florida State,
North East Conference
Northern Division
B.C. , U Mass, U Conn, Buffalo, Syracuse, Army, Rutgers, Temple
Southern Division
Penn State, Pittsburgh, Navy, Maryland, West Virginia, Marshal, Old Dominion, Virginia, Virginia Tech
Now for the playoffs
Only the Conference Champions make the Bowl games. 1st round would be the Conference Championship games.
2nd round use the traditional early bowl games
3rd round use traditional New Years day bowl games. Play them on New Years Day
Championship game Use Site of Super Bowl
Cowturd hater in the house.
Majesty rider in the house.
Cowturd troll owner here
Does Brokeback mountain mean anything to cowturd fanatics?

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 3155
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2003 9:17 am
Location: A place way to HOT to handle

Re: Biggest problem with NCAA Football Div 1 FCS

Postby TexasCowboy » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:15 am

flamethrower wrote:Gee let's look at who started this thread. Instead of complaining about my comments. Seeing as how I started this thread.


The same "person" ^^^ who said this

flamethrower wrote:Paging Col.Mustard, Mr.Green, Prof.Plum, Mrs.Scarlett, Mrs.White, Mrs.Peacock, and Wadsworth the butler.


tell me again how this not the prime definition of a thread hijack?
People don't like the truth because many times the truth takes them out of their comfort zone - Jesse Ventura

Return to The Lounge