Biggest problem with NCAA Football Div 1 FCS

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?
Hog

Biggest problem with NCAA Football Div 1 FCS

Postby flamethrower » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:43 am

How would you fix this mess. Enough money from TV to actually fix this mess if done right.
How would I do this. For starters scrap the G-5, and P-5 nonsense. Then put all 128, or how many schools there are in geographically located conferences that actually make sense, and restore some of the traditional historic rivalries that have been thrown away.
I'll Start with the 1 conference that actually makes sense
PAC 12 becomes the PAC 16 Pacific Division, and Western Division
The Pacific Division would be the traditional Pac schools
USC, UCLA,Cal, Stanford, Oregon, Oregon State, Washington, Washington State
Western Division
Arizona State, Arizona, UNLV, Nevada, Hawaii, San Diego Sate, Fresno State, and San Jose State
Mountain West Confernece
Northern Division
Boise State, Idaho, BYU, Utah, Utah State, Wyoming, Colorado, Colorado State
Southern Division
Air Force, New Mexico, New Mexico State, UTEP, UTSA, Texas State, Rice, North Texas State
South Western Conference
Northern Division
Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Tulsa, Arkansas, Arkansas State, Texas Tech, SMU, and TCU
Southern Division
Texas, Baylor, Texas A&M, U of Houston, LSU, La Tech, U La Monroe, U La Lafayette
Mid Western conference
Western Division
Nebraska, Kansas State, Kansas, Minnesota, Iowa, Iowa State, Missouri, and Wisconsin
Eastern Division
Illinois, Northwestern, Northern Illinois, Ball State, Indiana, Purdue, Notre Dame, Western Kentucky
Central Conference
western division
Kentucky, Louisville, Tennessee, Eastern Michigan, Western Michigan, Michigan, Michigan State, Central Michigan
Eastern Division
Akron, Bowling Green, Cincinnati, Kent State, Miami Ohio, Ohio U, Ohio State, Toledo
Gulf Coast
Western Division
Tulane, S. Alabama, Alabama, Auburn, Troy, Ole Miss, Miss State, Southern Miss
Eastern Division
U A B, Vanderbilt, MTSU, Memphis, Florida I U, Florida A U, S Florida, U C Florida
Atlantic
Northern Division
Appalachian State, Charlotte, Duke, East Carolina, North Carolina, Wake Forest, Coastal Carolina, and Clemson
Southern Division
Georgia, Georgia Tech, Georgia State, Florida, South Carolina, Miami Florida, Florida, Florida State,
North East Conference
Northern Division
B.C. , U Mass, U Conn, Buffalo, Syracuse, Army, Rutgers, Temple
Southern Division
Penn State, Pittsburgh, Navy, Maryland, West Virginia, Marshal, Old Dominion, Virginia, Virginia Tech
Now for the playoffs
Only the Conference Champions make the Bowl games. 1st round would be the Conference Championship games.
2nd round use the traditional early bowl games
3rd round use traditional New Years day bowl games. Play them on New Years Day
Championship game Use Site of Super Bowl
Cowturd hater in the house.
Majesty rider in the house.
Cowturd troll owner here
Does Brokeback mountain mean anything to cowturd fanatics?

JSPB22

Re: Biggest problem with NCAA Football Div 1 FCS

Postby Deadskins » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:11 am

flamethrower wrote:How would you fix this mess. Enough money from TV to actually fix this mess if done right.
How would I do this. For starters scrap the G-5, and P-5 nonsense. Then put all 128, or how many schools there are in geographically located conferences that actually make sense, and restore some of the traditional historic rivalries that have been thrown away.
I'll Start with the 1 conference that actually makes sense
PAC 12 becomes the PAC 16 Pacific Division, and Western Division
The Pacific Division would be the traditional Pac schools
USC, UCLA,Cal, Stanford, Oregon, Oregon State, Washington, Washington State
Western Division
Arizona State, Arizona, UNLV, Nevada, Hawaii, San Diego Sate, Fresno State, and San Jose State
Mountain West Confernece
Northern Division
Boise State, Idaho, BYU, Utah, Utah State, Wyoming, Colorado, Colorado State
Southern Division
Air Force, New Mexico, New Mexico State, UTEP, UTSA, Texas State, Rice, North Texas State
South Western Conference
Northern Division
Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Tulsa, Arkansas, Arkansas State, Texas Tech, SMU, and TCU
Southern Division
Texas, Baylor, Texas A&M, U of Houston, LSU, La Tech, U La Monroe, U La Lafayette
Mid Western conference
Western Division
Nebraska, Kansas State, Kansas, Minnesota, Iowa, Iowa State, Missouri, and Wisconsin
Eastern Division
Illinois, Northwestern, Northern Illinois, Ball State, Indiana, Purdue, Notre Dame, Western Kentucky
Central Conference
western division
Kentucky, Louisville, Tennessee, Eastern Michigan, Western Michigan, Michigan, Michigan State, Central Michigan
Eastern Division
Akron, Bowling Green, Cincinnati, Kent State, Miami Ohio, Ohio U, Ohio State, Toledo
Gulf Coast
Western Division
Tulane, S. Alabama, Alabama, Auburn, Troy, Ole Miss, Miss State, Southern Miss
Eastern Division
U A B, Vanderbilt, MTSU, Memphis, Florida I U, Florida A U, S Florida, U C Florida
Atlantic
Northern Division
Appalachian State, Charlotte, Duke, East Carolina, North Carolina, Wake Forest, Coastal Carolina, and Clemson
Southern Division
Georgia, Georgia Tech, Georgia State, Florida, South Carolina, Miami Florida, Florida, Florida State,
North East Conference
Northern Division
B.C. , U Mass, U Conn, Buffalo, Syracuse, Army, Rutgers, Temple
Southern Division
Penn State, Pittsburgh, Navy, Maryland, West Virginia, Marshal, Old Dominion, Virginia, Virginia Tech
Now for the playoffs
Only the Conference Champions make the Bowl games. 1st round would be the Conference Championship games.
2nd round use the traditional early bowl games
3rd round use traditional New Years day bowl games. Play them on New Years Day
Championship game Use Site of Super Bowl

You would be ending too many rivalries that have existed for so long, particularly in the SEC.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby flamethrower » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:13 pm

I agree about the SEC Rivalries. But, the other ones that have been ended due to the ignorance of the current situation.
Pitt vs Penn State
Texas vs A&M
Arkansas vs any former SWC School besides A&M
But, my system fixes more faults than it causes.
Here's how I fix my foul ups.
You play your entire division. You play 1 team every year in the other division. Unless you win your division.
That makes 8 games. We play 12 in my deal. The other 4. You play traditional rivalry games that I might have fouled up.
I admit that my system is flawed somewhat. But, anything better than a playoff that only has 4 spots, and only 5 conferences can actually play for them.
The current one is worse than the BCS. And, I didn't think that would be possible.
I took the fix, and went totally crazy with it. But, anything would be better than the mythical championship that the top level pretends to play for.
How to fix it with out going crazy like I did. Easy. Expand the playoffs to 8 teams. SEC gets 1. Big 10+4 gets 1. PAC 12 gets 1. ACC gets 1. Big 12-2 gets one. AAC gets 1. MWC gets 1. Notre Dame must either fully join ACC, or 1 of the other conferences. Same with BYU. Where do we go for the final spot?
Easy. C-USA, MAC, Sunbelt are the conferences who have to figure that one out. Last year MAC would have gotten it.
With out trashing the SEC, ACC, BIG 10+4, or PAC 12. How would I fix this. I'll redo my set up, and leave them alone other than add teams to get them to 16 Each. Notice that I didn't include the Big 12-2 in the off limits list. Why? Because they have shown no reason that they won't be together after the GOR expires
ACC you add Notre Dame as a full member, and add West Virginia to get to 16
SEC adds U of Cincinnati, Moves Missouri to the West. Adds East Carolina to get to 16
BIG 10+4 adds Kansas, and Oklahoma. Purdue moves to the East.
PAC 12 adds U of Houston, Oklahoma State, Kansas State, and BYU
Left over Big 12-2 is Texas, Texas Tech, TCU, Baylor, Iowa State. They move into the AAC. Army also joins the AAC
AAC becomes Texas, Texas Tech, TCU, Baylor, SMU, Tulsa, Memphis, and Tulane in the West Iowa State, U Conn, Temple, U Central Florida, South Florida,
Navy, Army, and U Mass in the East
Mountain West Adds New Mexico State, Idaho, UTEP, and UTSA to get to 16
MAC adds Marshall, Middle Tennessee, Old Dominion to get to 16
Conference USA after losing UTEP, and UTSA, Middle Tennesse, Marshall, and Old Dominion Basically merges with the Sunbelt
We got it down to 9 conferences. the one that probably will get left out will be the Sunbelt/Conference USA merger. Unless they have a perfect unbeaten team. Then I would pass on the MAC.
Cowturd troll owner here

Free galleries

Postby arnoldvf2 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:54 am

Novel project
http://arab.sex.photo.xblog.in/?post.arielle
vdio cartoon zaheer nobel marathi

Hog

Postby TexasCowboy » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:57 pm

The problem is?

to many Division II schools are currently integrated into Division I

Uconn and that entire conference are clearly better for Division II
than competing with National juggernauts, Like? Notre Dame,
USC, Florida State, Alabama, LSU, or Texas

even though Uconn beat Notre Dame and has appeared in bowl games
via Division I, there is no shame in bringing them down to a level II type
of conference, taking Cincy, Temple, Rutgers, Villanova, Florida I U & A U
along with Boston College and others

It does not mean they still could not play the higher level teams once during the season! it just means they would not be eligible to play in a Division
conference bowl game
People don't like the truth because many times the truth takes them out of their comfort zone -
Jesse Ventura

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:22 am

TexasCowboy wrote:The problem is?

to many Division II schools are currently integrated into Division I

Uconn and that entire conference are clearly better for Division II
than competing with National juggernauts, Like? Notre Dame,
USC, Florida State, Alabama, LSU, or Texas

even though Uconn beat Notre Dame and has appeared in bowl games
via Division I, there is no shame in bringing them down to a level II type
of conference, taking Cincy, Temple, Rutgers, Villanova, Florida I U & A U
along with Boston College and others

It does not mean they still could not play the higher level teams once during the season! it just means they would not be eligible to play in a Division
conference bowl game

I wouldn't say DII, maybe you mean Division I FCS
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Hog

Postby TexasCowboy » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:42 pm

No, I meant Division II Tulane, S. Alabama Troy, Southern Miss, Akron, Bowling Green, Cincinnati, Kent State, Miami Ohio,
Ohio U,Toledo Gulf Coast Kentucky, Louisville Eastern Michigan, Western Michigan Central MichiganIllinois, Northwestern, Northern Illinois,
Ball State, Indiana, Purdue, Western Kentucky Central Conference, U of Houston La Tech, U La Monroe, U La Lafayette Mid Western conference
Air Force, New Mexico, New Mexico State, UTEP, UTSA, Texas State, Rice, North Texas State South Western Conference Boise State, Idaho, BYU, Utah,
Utah State, Wyoming, Colorado, Colorado State UNLV, Nevada, Hawaii, San Diego Sate, Fresno State, and San Jose State Appalachian State, Charlotte,
Duke, East Carolina, North Carolina, Wake Forest, Coastal Carolina, and Clemson B.C. , U Mass, U Conn, Buffalo, Syracuse, Army, Rutgers, Temple
, Navy, Maryland, Marshal, Old Dominion U A B, Vanderbilt, MTSU, Memphis, Florida I U, Florida A U, S Florida, U C Florida

Maybe you keep a few to kinda balance it out but the rest? I would easily give over to Division II play even though their basketball
programs are competing in Division I
People don't like the truth because many times the truth takes them out of their comfort zone -
Jesse Ventura

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:44 pm

TexasCowboy wrote:No, I meant Division II Tulane, S. Alabama Troy, Southern Miss, Akron, Bowling Green, Cincinnati, Kent State, Miami Ohio,
Ohio U,Toledo Gulf Coast Kentucky, Louisville Eastern Michigan, Western Michigan Central MichiganIllinois, Northwestern, Northern Illinois,
Ball State, Indiana, Purdue, Western Kentucky Central Conference, U of Houston La Tech, U La Monroe, U La Lafayette Mid Western conference
Air Force, New Mexico, New Mexico State, UTEP, UTSA, Texas State, Rice, North Texas State South Western Conference Boise State, Idaho, BYU, Utah,
Utah State, Wyoming, Colorado, Colorado State UNLV, Nevada, Hawaii, San Diego Sate, Fresno State, and San Jose State Appalachian State, Charlotte,
Duke, East Carolina, North Carolina, Wake Forest, Coastal Carolina, and Clemson B.C. , U Mass, U Conn, Buffalo, Syracuse, Army, Rutgers, Temple
, Navy, Maryland, Marshal, Old Dominion U A B, Vanderbilt, MTSU, Memphis, Florida I U, Florida A U, S Florida, U C Florida

Maybe you keep a few to kinda balance it out but the rest? I would easily give over to Division II play even though their basketball
programs are competing in Division I

:hmm: Why would these school go to DII below teams like Delaware, JMU and Richmond? Playing the likes of Fayetteville State University, Ferris State University, University of Findlay, Florida Institute of Technology
..They's FBS 1 and FCS 1 maybe that's where the confusion is...
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Hog

Postby TexasCowboy » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:51 pm

Because nationally against some of the other known colleges like Penn State, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Texas, LSU, USC,
Florida, FL State, Alabama, Tennessee, they don't rank up! these are big name programs in terms of football, Uconn and
others are more nationally known via their Division I basketball programs.

so I see nothing wrong with down grading a few schools to Division II in football while still keeping some of
the bowl games using both I & II schools
Jesse Ventura

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:45 am

TexasCowboy wrote:Because nationally against some of the other known colleges like Penn State, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Texas, LSU, USC,
Florida, FL State, Alabama, Tennessee, they don't rank up! these are big name programs in terms of football, Uconn and
others are more nationally known via their Division I basketball programs.

so I see nothing wrong with down grading a few schools to Division II in football while still keeping some of
the bowl games using both I & II schools

Ok but why would you drop them two whole divisions, why not just drop them 1 division to FCS instead of DII?

Hog

Postby flamethrower » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:09 pm

DEHog look at who you are arguing with. Why would a Div 1 fbs school move all the way down to Div 2?
I do agree that some of the schools do need to move back to FCS level. But, None of them moving to Div 2.
OK who would I move down. Starting with the Sunbelt conference, and some of the Conf USA schools.
Which ones? Idaho already is moving down. New Mexico State also would move down. Florida Atl, and Florida International should move down
Heck all of Conference USA East but Marshall. And the entire Sunbelt. Other than that keep the rest at the top level. I removed about 20 schools.
That gets it down to 108 schools. The moving around gets really easy at this point.
Cowturd troll owner here

Hog

Postby TexasCowboy » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:26 pm

He's not arguing, we're actually having a discussion on the subject at hand, I believe that to clear up the congestion of
confusion surrounding who actually plays for the Division I title every year, along with the confusion of the playoff
system its self, There have to be individual schools the ones I mentioned, That do need to take the step down to
Division II

Nationally many of them just aren't ever going to compete recruiting wise with the bigger name schools
they may offer the program in which they want a degree in? but there is also the issue of wanting to be
in the NFL when their college days are over with?

They need national exposure and an actual title to give them that chance, let's face it playing in some
flimsy bowl game isn't enough anymore if I were out of high school. Looking to play college ball and
I were given the choice between Penn State, Notre Dame, Texas or Buffalo

you can't seriously believe I would even entertain Buffalo as my choice when the top schools are
calling

I say drop the schools I mentioned to Division II and let the rest compete for the national title
Jesse Ventura

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:19 pm

Pavlov would be pleased with this thread...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:13 am

TexasCowboy wrote:He's not arguing, we're actually having a discussion on the subject at hand, I believe that to clear up the congestion of
confusion surrounding who actually plays for the Division I title every year, along with the confusion of the playoff
system its self, There have to be individual schools the ones I mentioned, That do need to take the step down to
Division II

Nationally many of them just aren't ever going to compete recruiting wise with the bigger name schools
they may offer the program in which they want a degree in? but there is also the issue of wanting to be
in the NFL when their college days are over with?

They need national exposure and an actual title to give them that chance, let's face it playing in some
flimsy bowl game isn't enough anymore if I were out of high school. Looking to play college ball and
I were given the choice between Penn State, Notre Dame, Texas or Buffalo

you can't seriously believe I would even entertain Buffalo as my choice when the top schools are
calling

I say drop the schools I mentioned to Division II and let the rest compete for the national title

The FCS does not compete for a D1 "FBS" title every year. They have their own 16 team playoff...why would a Buffalo or Uconn drop all the way to DII surely they can compete in the FCS??

Hog

Postby TexasCowboy » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:34 pm

I figured there was only Division I, II, III was not aware of the FBS system, then if that is the case then I am all for them
dropping to it along with the schools I mentioned
Jesse Ventura

Return to The Lounge