Post Hall of Fame

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?
DarthMonk

Post Hall of Fame

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:39 pm

I liked this a lot from Hogwash:

Deadskins wrote:
DOGSRBACK wrote:Guess what the Redskins would be without RG3

The Browns?
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013, 2016)

Hognostibowl XII Champion (2017)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

JSPB22

Re: Post Hall of Fame

Postby Deadskins » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:49 am

DarthMonk wrote:I liked this a lot from Hogwash:

Deadskins wrote:
DOGSRBACK wrote:Guess what the Redskins would be without RG3

The Browns?

Thanks, I'll be here all week.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:16 am

I loved this as well. July 17, 2009:

crazyhorse1 wrote:
Cappster wrote:Thank you, Crazyhorse1, for providing yet another post with a positive outlook. Our defense was solid last year and I don't believe you address all of the different variables that come into play when evaluating a defense.

We ranked 6th in points allowed

We ranked 5th in first downs allowed

We ranked 7th in 3rd down percentage

Those are key stats that are hard to ignore CH1. The thing that killed us last year is the inability to force turnovers. Now what can we do better this year to become an impact defense? Pass Rush. Our secondary arguably played better than any other last year, but the opportunities for turnovers were scarce as the opposing QB had all day to throw. I don't believe any is hailing our defense from last year as a truly "great" defense, but they were solid nonetheless.

You are precisely right about the lack of turnovers last year killing us. We were sub par in regard to an element of defense in which a single play can mean a 14 flip, as well as an morale crushing shift in momentum. When our D's are good at it, we never tire of hailing it as the most important element of a defense. Most top teams in the NFL, year after year, are among league leaders in creating turnovers.

The Redskin D last year looked far better on paper than it actually was. For instance, it was fairly highly rated against the run and pass in re. to yards allowed primarily because other teams would get ahead of us, know we couldn't score, and just burn time with short yards runs the whole second half or fouth quarter. Even when teams moved unstoppably against us and destroyed our chance of winning, they were actually enhancing our D stats on paper in regard to average gain, total yards allowed, etc. If they had been forced out of their prolonged stalls, which was the D's job to do, they would have doubtless gained many more yards against us, but would have possibly opened a door for us to win. So, they played it safe and dull and just killed time by running the ball down our throats a few yards at a time-- saving our stats on paper but making us look and feel helpless.

We were, in fact, one of the weakest short yardage defenses in Redskin uniforms in recent years when the game was on the line. In several games we failed to stop sustained drives of straignt on vanilla plays in the clutch and eliminated the offense's chances of getting us back in game or hanging up a win. That, coupled with utter failure to create turnovers greatly assisted our offense to its collapse. That's why getting a stopper like Haynesworth became a multi-million dollar priority. That's also why a so-called top rated defense needed to spend its top pick on a guy who can potentually cause turnours, stop the run, stop the pass, and stop drives by picking up sacks.

In regard to points allowed, the stat looks better on paper than the field because all of the above.

As for our good-looking numbers in regard to allowing first downs-- obvious. Team that used short yardage tactics against us burned so much time in the process that first downs were relatively few per game. If the first downs achieved against us had been by the pass, there would have been many more first downs, but our chances for turnover would be improved and our chances at winning magnified. We have and had a good coverage defense.

First rule of defense: stop the run first. We didn't in the clutch and benefited on paper because statistical measurements of performances have inherent flaw. The FO knows that.

Those who call me an idiot for my view of the defense as a just average unit last year, might well reflect that my view is totally supported by actual FO personnel decisions, not contradicted by them.

Raise your hands-- all of you who were or are surprised that the Skins virtually ignored the offense in regard to additions and reinforcements while blowing their wad on defensive players for the coming season.

You, not me, are football idiots. You think with your feelers instead of feel with your thinkers. You grasp at feel good-myths and want to be developed by Zorn, who will love you. Why not change your avatars. Fios could go from a cup to a picture of Elton John with tears streaming down his big, pink sunglasses and singing Candle in the Wind.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:05 pm

My latest nomination from the Any and All News About RG3's Knee - Merged thread:

langleyparkjoe wrote:I just spoke with RG3.. he said thanks for the support and prayers. He also said he's already starting jogging around his living room so he's on track already to practice next month. He did mention that he'd quit if FedexField's turf isn't fixed. Also, apparently DannyBoy snores on his flights.

Later!

=D>

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:57 am

TexasCowboy wrote:I'll await your I don't know anything about winning or football rhetoric

Lombardi took over as HEAD COACH for a horrible Packer team (it had just gone 2-10, 3-9, 3-9, 6-6, 2-9-1, 4-8, 6-6, 4-8, 3-9, 1-10-1; that's 34-84-2).
They instantly went 7-5.

He then proceeded to win 5 NFL titles in 7 years and remains the only coach to win 3 in a row.

He then took over a horrible Redskin team (it had just gone 3-9, 1-9-2, 1-12-1, 5-7-2, 3-11, 6-8, 7-7, 5-6-3, 5-9; that's 36-74-8).
They instantly went 7-5-2. Lombardi then died of cancer.

Meanwhile, Norv Turner got 2 rings as an assistant. He then went on to compile the WORST HEAD COACHING RECORD IN HISTORY for any NFL coach of 200+ games. This includes taking over a 14-2 Charger team stacked with 18 Pro Bowlers and 9 first team All-Pros and the NFL's #1 offense. When they fired him they had just gone 7-9, had the NFL's #20 offense, and zero Pro Bowlers.

You have posted that Norv Turner is as deserving of enshrinement as Vince Lombardi then doubled down on that when I gave you a chance to back off.

Do you maintain that Norv Turner is as deserving of enshrinement as Vince Lombardi ?

TexasCowboy wrote:I say he is every bit AS worthy

^^^ There you have it folks - the single most ignorant post in the history of this board. There is now no way TC can expect anyone to take any of his posts seriously.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

08 Champ
Location: IF you're lucky enough to live in Newport, RI, you're lucky enough

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:09 pm

^^ :lol: a very worthy "contestant" - now I know how Norval Turner makes a HOF .... maybe
until Dan Snyder stops meddling and let's NFL people make ALL the decisions on who coaches and who plays - we begin each season with high hopes and expectations and we finish each season knowing that we should have done better

Hog

Postby flamethrower » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:22 pm

DarthMonk wrote:
TexasCowboy wrote:I'll await your I don't know anything about winning or football rhetoric

Lombardi took over as HEAD COACH for a horrible Packer team (it had just gone 2-10, 3-9, 3-9, 6-6, 2-9-1, 4-8, 6-6, 4-8, 3-9, 1-10-1; that's 34-84-2).
They instantly went 7-5.

He then proceeded to win 5 NFL titles in 7 years and remains the only coach to win 3 in a row.

He then took over a horrible Redskin team (it had just gone 3-9, 1-9-2, 1-12-1, 5-7-2, 3-11, 6-8, 7-7, 5-6-3, 5-9; that's 36-74-8).

Meanwhile, Norv Turner got 2 rings as an assistant. He then went on to compile the WORST HEAD COACHING RECORD IN HISTORY for any NFL coach of 200+ games. This includes taking over a 14-2 Charger team stacked with 18 Pro Bowlers and 9 first team All-Pros and the NFL's #1 offense. When they fired him they had just gone 7-9, had the NFL's #20 offense, and zero Pro Bowlers.

You have posted that Norv Turner is as deserving of enshrinement as Vince Lombardi then doubled down on that when I gave you a chance to back off.

Do you maintain that Norv Turner is as deserving of enshrinement as Vince Lombardi ?

TexasCowboy wrote:I say he is every bit AS worthy

^^^ There you have it folks - the single most ignorant post in the history of this board. There is now no way TC can expect anyone to take any of his posts seriously.

Darn it Monk. You beat me to this. LOL
Cowturd hater in the house.
Majesty rider in the house.
Cowturd troll owner here
Does Brokeback mountain mean anything to cowturd fanatics?

Hog

Postby flamethrower » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:15 pm

TexasCowboy wrote:
Notice how he can't answer the question cause he know the answer it?
there is no place that validates his delusion, That Norv had to win 1 on his own.
In order
to falidate what he clearly earned
so to answer his ignorant question
* Yes Stoudt is a winner by virtue of the fact he won 2 rings, as Rothlisberger's backup Stoudt, wasn't some clip board carrying tout barer as this clown would like
to think he is. So here's a burning question and let's see if this time he can answer
the question instead of dodging it

* If the Cardinals didn't think highly of him, and didn't see him as a backup with 2 rings, Then why would the Cardinals take a chance on him???
The answer awaits.

Did you notice the person who he thought Stoudt backed up in Pittsburgh? Rothlisberger. Stoudt's last season as a Steeler Quarterback was 83. Big Ben was born in 1982.
Also Stoud's career record was 9 wins and 10 losses. 1 post season appearance that he lost.
His record after leaving the Steelers was a remarkable 0 wins and 4 losses in 3 years with the Cardinals.
I am editing this to make a simple easy point. Googling anything takes less than 5 minutes at most. Had I not known who Stoudt was before I made a comment on him. I would have taken the 5 or fewer minutes to look up his NFL Career. Also a winner makes a team a winner. Stoudt was not a winner after leaving the Steelers. I can name another quarterback that played in Arizona. Who by the way made this years NFL Hall of Fame Class. In fact he did take the Cardinals to a Super Bowl.
That would be Kurt Warner who actually played in 3 super bowls, and as a Cardinals quarterback in his 1st season was 2 wins and 8 losses. By the way that is a heck of a lot more games than Stoudt played. But that was not his only season as Cardinals quarterback. Over all Warner was 27-30-0 as Cardinals starter. Gee who was really better, and closer to being a winner comparing Stoudt to Warner? Answer Warner by a country mile. Warner's total regular season record was 67 wins 49 losses 0 ties. Also funny how unlike Stoudt. Warner was trusted by more than his 1st NFL team to actually play in games. Not just hold the clipboard. 4 starts in 3 years sure don't look like the Cardinals trusted, or thought very highly of Stoudt. And, Stout's record once again was 0 wins 4 loses over 3 seasons. 1 more interesting fact about Warner. He is only 1 of 2 people who is both in the NFL, and Arena FL Hall of Fame.
Stoudt's number of championships that he actually won as a starter 0. Warner's number of championships won in the NFL 1.
And, the Cardinals won the 1947 NFL Championship. It counts, and is in the official NFL record book. Cardinals 28 Eagles 21.
Last edited by flamethrower on Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Cowturd troll owner here

Hog

Postby TexasCowboy » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:11 pm

DarthMonk wrote:Lombardi took over as HEAD COACH for a horrible Packer team (it had just gone 2-10, 3-9, 3-9, 6-6, 2-9-1, 4-8, 6-6, 4-8, 3-9, 1-10-1; that's 34-84-2).
They instantly went 7-5.

I like how Monk thinks my answer is going to somehow change, after he's reworded
this 50 thousand times already :roll: I also like the fact, that if we go based on this
retarded logic, NO individual, enshrined in the Hall of Fame is worthy of being allowed
in, Due to the fact! None can ever fill the endless void of false expectations, For that
matter, The NFL might as well just shut down as well. again endless void of all things
false that can never be satisfied

do you see where this is going? Perhaps not, let me be more succinct
The old saying goes, You can never have to much of a good thing
and not enough is never a bad thing. Checks n balances, The concept
is, finding how to balance the scales so that it's equal?

18-26-1 regular season record, 4-4 post season record vs a Marvin
Lewis who has what many could claim, a phenomenal regular season
record, Has yet to take the Bengals to a single playoff win. You bring
up Lombardi and the great job he did turning around what was failing
and helping "right" the ship

but you leave out the most important piece! He failed to duplicate
the super bowl success in Washington, like he did with Green Bay,
Holmgrene when he went to Seattle, same story, Parcells when he
made his mecca to various other teams, before finally retiring from
"coaching" Jimmy Johnson. Even the great Emmitt wasn't able to
bring his brand to the Arizona Cardinals once he was released by
the Cowboys

so this petty ridiculousness is just a pathetic attempt to fit a
square peg into a round hole! Not to mention the fact, That
if you look at the Hall in this light, You might get a better
understanding of why not everyone from your team is put
in every year

Dallas, Pittsburgh, Washington, NY, San Francisco, Green Bay
all have more inductees than the rest of the NFL! again argue
they have been better (true) They have, Jerry Jones becomes
the 13th Cowboy inducted into the Hall of Fame this year

I wouldn't expect another Cowboy inducted for several
more years, when the next is inducted, I expect it be
a Jimmy Johnson or perhaps a Moose Johnston, type
guy. This is all going around in the circle

Norv just because he doesn't fit the mold some in the
media may hold as needing/wanting more, doesn't
push the boundary level that he's already defied the
odds and did something many only dream of doing
(earning) a super bowl ring

To you that means nothing, again you feel this need
there constantly needs to be more, But in the end
when it's all over said and done

Norv may not be a first ballot guy, but down the road
with all the exceptions the Hall makes, to give fairness
to all who served in the NFL regardless of records, titles
ect

Norv Turner will see his day
People don't like the truth because many times the truth takes them out of their comfort zone -
Jesse Ventura

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:59 pm

There is a thread in Smack that includes this topic. ALL discussion regarding Norv Turner HOF fantasies will be limited to that thread. The incessant, repetitive posts that add nothing to the forum are disruptive, and are not welcome outside .

Thanks.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby TexasCowboy » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:01 am

flamethrower wrote: Did you notice the person who he thought Stoudt backed up in Pittsburgh? Rothlisberger. Stoudt's last season as a Steeler Quarterback was 83. Big Ben was born in 1982. Also Stoud's career record was 9 wins and 10 losses. 1 post season appearance that he lost.
His record after leaving the Steelers was a remarkable 0 wins and 4 losses in 3 years with the Cardinals.

* It is not my job to know who he backed up? took an educated guess, got it wrong,
but again this goes round about in a circle. Because the importance of the post was
to test the waters, to see if I'd "buck" on the question being asked

Is Stoudt a winner? the answer remains yes, Team has no I, everyone plays
a important role in bringing together the greater good, whether that means
he played 1 game as a starter, or an entire season as the starter. In the end
if Stoudt didn't do well enough, Bradshaw or Rothlisberger or whomever he
was backing up at the time

Would not have gone onto win the super bowl! simple as that..so given
the fact he's got a ring, gives him an advantage in the free agency pool
since the NFL is ADD (attention deficit disorder) for all you out there
who aren't edumacated. Doesn't change the fact Arizona was willing to
take a chance on him. Also doesn't mean the Cardinals failures fall on
the player in question either

Arizona, has never been a place that bothers with trying to win a title,
they want butt's in the seats, Stoudt, can't control that aspect, all he
can do is play football! if they want to lose? let em lose, In the end
he get's paid. but his entire career won't be reflectant of his time in
a place that didn't want it

His time will be reflected of a place where? he managed to win
titles and earned his place in their history
People don't like the truth because many times the truth takes them out of their comfort zone -
Jesse Ventura

Hog

Postby flamethrower » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Countertrey wrote:There is a thread in Smack that includes this topic. ALL discussion regarding Norv Turner HOF fantasies will be limited to that thread. The incessant, repetitive posts that add nothing to the forum are disruptive, and are not welcome outside .

Thanks.

There was one. But, some mod locked it. Not to worry I started another one.
Cowturd troll owner here

Hog

Postby TexasCowboy » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:35 pm

Created another 1??? rotflmao prepare for that one to be bulldozed to the ground
in no time flat
Jesse Ventura

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:52 pm

Is anyone having a problem reading? I think trashing up one thread with incessant blathering is quite enough, don't you? My previous post was not a request.

Thanks.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:46 pm

Playoffs...Playoffs??
Postby The Hogster » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:33 am

The Washington Redskins, and its players must focus solely on the game in front of them. This week, it's Dallas. But, we fans aren't held to that singular focus. We are able to glean hope from the possibilities that can take shape over the coming weeks.

So here, goes. The Washington Redskins are not only alive and well in the playoff race. But, they have a clear path to win an NFC East title. As fate would have it, as long as the Skins win their games against division rivals, they have a great chance to hoist some hardware at the end of the year.

The Skins are 4-6 right now. Third place. Behind the Cowboys 5-5 and the Giants 6-4. With a win over the Cowboys, the Redskins would be alone in 2nd place.

The NY Giants play a surging Green Bay Packers team this Sunday. If the Packers pull out an expected win, and the Skins beat Dallas. That would set up an enormous game the following week at HOME versus the NY Giants for the Division lead.

It has been a while since the Redskins have had a home game in December that means something. Check out the standings. The Skins also hold tiebreakers over the division if they continue to win. It all starts with this one game--which just so happens to be against the Cowgirls on National TV. Hail to the Redskins. Let's get this done.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

Return to The Lounge