Bad Draft Omen

Put all your thoughts and musings on the 2013 NFL Draft right here! Mocks... profiles... trades... you name it.
Hog
Online
User avatar
Posts: 2045
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:36 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Bad Draft Omen

Postby emoses14 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:44 am

Alumni draft-pick announcers: NFC East

The NFL has this thing now where they have former players from each team announce second-round and third-round draft picks during the prime-time Friday night airing of those two rounds. Here's who they've got for the NFC East teams:


Washington Redskins: LaVar Arrington



I can't honestly think of any former player who would be a worse choice for this role.

Not. One.

Whose brain dead idea was it to have LaVar Arrington do anything on behalf of the redskins?

Image

MARA!!!!
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

|||
Posts: 4319
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:34 am
Location: SANTA ANA,CA

Postby HEROHAMO » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:09 am

Sorry but I am a big fan of Lavar. Once again it was not his fault he played for bad coaches other then Gibbs. Any player during Vinnie Cerratos time should get a pass.

Other then that cant wait for draft day. I will be happy to hear Lavar announce our draft picks or first pick.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

---
User avatar
Posts: 18570
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: AJT

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:31 am

Jeez, people are still butt-hurt about Lavar? Let it go bruh. Get over it.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog
Online
User avatar
Posts: 2045
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:36 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Postby emoses14 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:31 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:Jeez, people are still butt-hurt about Lavar? Let it go bruh. Get over it.


If this was directed at me, then, uhm, no.

Perfectly fine with Lavar wasting away in front of his blue screen backdrop of D.C. on his radio/webinar/tv spot. Could not care less.

However, if you're gonna trot him out on National Television to announce draft picks of the team he badmouthed on his way out of town because he was too stupid to read a contract as some sort of ambassador for that team, then that is more than just an odd choice in my book. 'Cause you see, if he wasn't the one announcing the picks next week, I'd have had 0 cause to think about him.

I still love much of what LaVar did on the field (ending Aikman's career chief among them), for the record.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

~~~~~~
Posts: 10208
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:59 am
Location: Canada

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:28 am

Time to forgive and forget the bad times.

He did a nice presentation of the pick and spoke of HIS WASHINGTON REDSKINS plus HTTR.

He carried the team through some of the darkest eras of any team in the NFL's history. Let's be fair on balance.

On another side, his jacket reminded me of the ugly burgundy suit worn by Dion Sanders when he first came to Washington. :roll:
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

the 'mudge
Posts: 14640
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:23 pm

I concur, RiC... and the H-T-T-R at the end ROCKED
Frankly, any announcement, briefing, press conference done by or about the skins should end that way...

I'm still surprised that the Falcons were able to Leon Sandcastle do theirs...

H-T-T-R
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Pacman Rules
Posts: 1841
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:56 pm
Location: Lawn Monster

Postby gay4pacman » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:34 pm

i thought he did an alright job....he comes off as insincere to me. he also dropped his twitter account....terrible. i just hate twitter and didnt think him announcing the pick was the platform for his self promotion...
I know this guy named Jimmy, he has a pet....POSTERNUTBAG! Thats his cats name, POSTERNUTBAG!!!

Hog
Posts: 1068
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:27 pm
Location: Arlington, VA (Ballston)

Re: Bad Draft Omen

Postby ACW » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:35 pm

emoses14 wrote:I can't honestly think of any former player who would be a worse choice for this role.

Not. One.
Fat Albert?
DMV Born,
DMV Bred,
When I Die I'll Be
DMV Dead.

Hognostications 2012-2013 Co-Champion (and Playoff Champion)

the 'mudge
Posts: 14640
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Re: Bad Draft Omen

Postby Countertrey » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:55 pm

emoses14 wrote:I can't honestly think of any former player who would be a worse choice for this role.

Not. One.
Joe Don Looney?
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog
Online
User avatar
Posts: 2045
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:36 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Bad Draft Omen

Postby emoses14 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:48 pm

ACW wrote:
emoses14 wrote:I can't honestly think of any former player who would be a worse choice for this role.

Not. One.
Fat Albert?


We didn't draft him.

I am not speaking for others. I always thought Arrington was more hype than production so he was never fully on the good side with me. The way he left was whiny and pulled him onto the crap list.

Don't care he's done here and I didn't see the draft live so if y'all say he represented well, good, in glad.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

kazoo
Posts: 10280
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Re: Bad Draft Omen

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:10 pm

emoses14 wrote:I can't honestly think of any former player who would be a worse choice for this role


I can't think of one either.

- Champ Bailey
- Antonio Pierce
- Heath Schuler
- Deion Sanders

I can think of a bunch. I feel you in that he pissed me off too, but I'm with the others who say it's time to let it go. You don't have to invite him to dinner if that makes you feel better.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Hog
Online
User avatar
Posts: 2045
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:36 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Bad Draft Omen

Postby emoses14 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:20 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
emoses14 wrote:I can't honestly think of any former player who would be a worse choice for this role


I can't think of one either.

- Champ Bailey
- Antonio Pierce
- Heath Schuler
- Deion Sanders

I can think of a bunch. I feel you in that he pissed me off too, but I'm with the others who say it's time to let it go. You don't have to invite him to dinner if that makes you feel better.


Champ left because his wife told him he had to
Antonio Pierce i'd put on same level as Lavar
Heat Shuler sucked tons, he didn't bad mouth the organization on his way out
We didn't draft Deion.

Like I said, can't think of a worse choice.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

#######
Posts: 7225
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:13 pm
Location: Washington D.C.

Postby The Hogster » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:24 pm

emoses14 wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:Jeez, people are still butt-hurt about Lavar? Let it go bruh. Get over it.


If this was directed at me, then, uhm, no.

Perfectly fine with Lavar wasting away in front of his blue screen backdrop of D.C. on his radio/webinar/tv spot. Could not care less.

However, if you're gonna trot him out on National Television to announce draft picks of the team he badmouthed on his way out of town because he was too stupid to read a contract as some sort of ambassador for that team, then that is more than just an odd choice in my book. 'Cause you see, if he wasn't the one announcing the picks next week, I'd have had 0 cause to think about him.

I still love much of what LaVar did on the field (ending Aikman's career chief among them), for the record.


He has since made amends with Snyder. He had a contract beef. But, he is a fixture in DC and always reps the B & G. As CLL said, let it go. And, let's not pretend that he was not the face of this franchise for a good stretch of years. The man knocked Troy Aikman into retirement. He was mad about his contract situation which happens. But, seriously, get over that. He and Snyder have.
SPIT HAPPENS!!
___________________________

Hog
Online
User avatar
Posts: 2045
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:36 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Postby emoses14 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:27 pm

The Hogster wrote:
emoses14 wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:Jeez, people are still butt-hurt about Lavar? Let it go bruh. Get over it.


If this was directed at me, then, uhm, no.

Perfectly fine with Lavar wasting away in front of his blue screen backdrop of D.C. on his radio/webinar/tv spot. Could not care less.

However, if you're gonna trot him out on National Television to announce draft picks of the team he badmouthed on his way out of town because he was too stupid to read a contract as some sort of ambassador for that team, then that is more than just an odd choice in my book. 'Cause you see, if he wasn't the one announcing the picks next week, I'd have had 0 cause to think about him.

I still love much of what LaVar did on the field (ending Aikman's career chief among them), for the record.


He has since made amends with Snyder. He had a contract beef. But, he is a fixture in DC and always reps the B & G. As CLL said, let it go. And, let's not pretend that he was not the face of this franchise for a good stretch of years. The man knocked Troy Aikman into retirement. He was mad about his contract situation which happens. But, seriously, get over that. He and Snyder have.


Oh for christ's sake! I spend 0 hours in my life worrying about the man. IN fact, his repping of the B&G around DC is unknown to me because I don't care. I missed his announcing of the picks so I've no idea how well he did or didn't do. He apparently did a good job, save for a jacket color choice, so good for him.

His name was posted as being the one to announce the picks, I thought it was retarded, still do. This thread would be dead without the apologists. End of discussion as far as I'm concerned.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

#######
Posts: 7225
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:13 pm
Location: Washington D.C.

Postby The Hogster » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:31 pm

SPIT HAPPENS!!
___________________________

Return to NFL Draft 2013