Live Feed For Sean's Funeral

In memory of Sean Taylor. Please post all thoughts, well-wishes and prayers here.
swine

Live Feed For Sean's Funeral

Postby CooleyAsIce » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:03 am

Tough to watch, but here's the link.

http://www.nbc4.com/videostream/9476753/detail.html

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:28 am

This is heart wrenching.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby roybus14 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:45 am

Why is the NFL Network not covering this man's funeral? The repeated programming on their can wait for an hour or two. After all, Sean Taylor is one of the NFL's own....
Sean Taylor - 1983-2007 R.I.P.... Forever A Skin.....

Brown in the Hall

Postby NC43Hog » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:49 am

roybus14 wrote:Why is the NFL Network not covering this man's funeral? The repeated programming on their can wait for an hour or two. After all, Sean Taylor is one of the NFL's own....

It is on now.
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son." - Dean Wormer

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:21 pm

I was on the verge but Lavar just really took me over the edge. I don't think Snyder can compose himself enough to speak. I'm sure that I saw Pete Taylor go over to speak to him right before he was due to speak.

Its hard seeing/hearing the hurt in all of the speakers. Drew really broke apart at the end which was completely moving.

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:30 pm

I am watcing the CNN feed and channel 4 is on the TV in the office. Pretty tough stuff. Still, the part that got me the most was when they went out on the field with 10 men.....
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

Fire in the Sky

Postby SkinsFreak » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:39 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:I was on the verge but Lavar just really took me over the edge. I don't think Snyder can compose himself enough to speak. I'm sure that I saw Pete Taylor go over to speak to him right before he was due to speak.

Its hard seeing/hearing the hurt in all of the speakers. Drew really broke apart at the end which was completely moving.

Did you get the sense from LaVar's speech that maybe he wants to return to the Redskins? Just wondering, I kinda got that feeling from his speech. He didn't come out and say it directly, but I seemed to get that feeling.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:44 pm

SkinsFreak wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:I was on the verge but Lavar just really took me over the edge. I don't think Snyder can compose himself enough to speak. I'm sure that I saw Pete Taylor go over to speak to him right before he was due to speak.

Did you get the sense from LaVar's speech that maybe he wants to return to the Redskins? Just wondering, I kinda got that feeling from his speech. He didn't come out and say it directly, but I seemed to get that feeling.

no. I think he said what he meant. He misses his teammates and left it all behind and is dissapointed in himself for that.

cleg

Postby cleg » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:46 pm

I tried to watch, I can't do it.
Drinking the Kool-Aid again...

Fire in the Sky

Postby SkinsFreak » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:47 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
SkinsFreak wrote:

no. I think he said what he meant. He misses his teammates and left it all behind and is dissapointed in himself for that.

Ya, that's probably a more accurate perspective. I was definitely moved by his speech though. He seemed very humble.

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:07 pm

I watched some of it during lunch. Everyone's words were so heartfelt and they moved me to tears.

Personally, I was disappointed with the choir that sang a song more appropriate for a revival service than a memorial service, but, to each his own.

Big Ups to Randy Shannon from the U for keeping his composure. :up:
Back and better than ever!

Hog

Postby spenser » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:16 pm

What did lavar say? and who else has spoken so far? Im watching it now but didnt see the earlier stuff. God this sucks!

Hog

Postby ike075 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:54 pm

Did anyone else catch Deion Sanders after the NFL broke from the funural. I believe it was recorded yesterday however they were discussing the redskins and sean and his eyes were completely watery and I could have sworn I saw a tear rolling down his face. I always enjoyed Deion as a showman but I have new found respect for that man.

Ikester

###

Postby redskindave » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:07 pm

I tried to watch, But couldnt do it for long, very sad
Hail To The Redskins!
Forty men together can't lose
Blaine Ohio home of Ohios biggest Redskin fan
Every man has to die, Not every man really lives

Hog

Postby spenser » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:14 pm

ike075 wrote:Did anyone else catch Deion Sanders after the NFL broke from the funural. I believe it was recorded yesterday however they were discussing the redskins and sean and his eyes were completely watery and I could have sworn I saw a tear rolling down his face. I always enjoyed Deion as a showman but I have new found respect for that man.

Ikester

well thats cool of him but what made me mad is after yesterdays game they showed a clip of Gibbs saying "this is MY FAULT. BLAME THIS ON ME." and litterally 5 seconds after that clip, deion says the problem with the skins is that, and im paraphrasing.. "no one in this organization takes the blame and the responsibility for anything". I just laughed. did he not watch the same clip that aired 5 seconds earlier? Just because you were a good player does NOT mean you are even remotly qualified to be an announcer, analyst, broadcaster or anything that would require rational thought or contemplation. what a complete and utter ass clown.

Return to Sean Taylor Tribute