Dan Duquette named Orioles GM

Washington Capitals, Washington Nationals, Washington Wizards, Washington Mystics, and D.C. United... all go here!
+++++++++

Dan Duquette named Orioles GM

Postby Skinsfan55 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:24 pm

I'm a lifelong fan of the Boston Red Sox, and baseball rather than football is my favorite sport... I'm glad to see Dan Duquette getting another shot in pro baseball.

I'd assume, that even though they aren't based in Washington, a large pecentage of you are O's fans. I believe that having three executives decline the post of Orioles GM is a blessing in disguise. Dan Duquette is an extremely talented guy who was using sabermetrics when Billy Beane was still an advance scout for the A's. He's got a good eye for talent and he was able to pull a lot of guys off the scrap heap who went on to success in Boston. Troy O'Leary, Brian Daubach, Tim Wakefield, Jim Corsi, Rich Garces... those guys were thought of as junk before they went on to have success in Boston. He also had some success with retread pitchers like Bret Saberhagen and John Burkett who people thought were washed up. He's just the kind of guy Baltimore needs.

I'll always be a Red Sox fan first, but this move will pay off dividends for Baltimore. Last year they spent $86 million, if they keep a payroll in that range they should be able to overtake the Jays and Rays as a serious threat to the Sox and Yankees. Even beat them head to head like the Rays have done recently!

Best of luck O's fans, I think you're going to like Duquette.
"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:49 pm

I have zero respect for Orioles fans or the organization until they stop yelling "Oooooh" during the National Anthem, disrespectful.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:52 pm

ATX_Skins wrote:I have zero respect for Orioles fans or the organization until they stop yelling "Oooooh" during the National Anthem, disrespectful.

I love the OOOOOOH!

Considering that the National Anthem was written to capture an event in Baltimore... I think I'll give them some license...

... and the Orioles have gotten themselves one very solid baseball mind.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby MDSKINSFAN » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:30 pm

ATX_Skins wrote:I have zero respect for Orioles fans or the organization until they stop yelling "Oooooh" during the National Anthem, disrespectful.

Don't all fans do that?
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:52 pm

MDSKINSFAN wrote:

Don't all fans do that?

+1!
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Return to Washington Sports Teams