Washington Capitals, Washington Nationals, Washington Wizards, Washington Mystics, and D.C. United... all go here!
Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:34 pm

Caps make it fourteen in a row, with another thrilling come from behind 5-4 win over the Pens.

Ovechkin gets the hat trick... they're just never out of it.

Wow.

It's almost as much fun to see the puss on Sid the Kid's face, as it is to see the smile on The Great 8's. :-)
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Hog

Postby Sir_Monk » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:11 pm

It would be awesome if they could take the streak into the Olympic break.
Bruce has the authority. When Bruce makes the decision, it's a Redskins decision.

Fire Bruce Boudreau

Hog

Postby MDSKINSFAN » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:51 pm

What a great game. That was a playoff game in February. Ovi is in a league of his own. He probably found it fun spotting Crosby 2 goals then scoring 3 in a row. It looked like from the beginning that we would need an Ovechkin hat trick to win and he did it.

Knuble was a great pick up. I like the line of Backstrom, Ovi, and Knuble if Semin isn't playing well on a given day.

Did anyone hear Orpik of the Pens call Semin a baby for acting to get the high sticking call at the end? It seems like the Penguins are full of guys who can't accept other players are better than them.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:11 am

Unfortunately, February isn't when you want to be peaking... so hopefully they 'save a little' magic for the playoffs.

But right now - they're unbeatable. And on top of that, they're really fun to watch... and I watch a LOT of hockey.

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:43 pm

Sir_Monk wrote:It would be awesome if they could take the streak into the Olympic break.

I bet you do, If they're still working on the streak, you might get to be part of history in person, right?

St. Louis would be 17 (if they win tomorrow and Thurdsday) and if I remember correctly you are going to be there aren't you?
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

Hog

Postby Sir_Monk » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:51 pm

Bob 0119 wrote:
Sir_Monk wrote:It would be awesome if they could take the streak into the Olympic break.

I bet you do, If they're still working on the streak, you might get to be part of history in person, right?

St. Louis would be 17 (if they win tomorrow and Thurdsday) and if I remember correctly you are going to be there aren't you?

Yup! I'm psyched to see this Caps team in person. Look for us behind the net the Caps shoot at twice!
Bruce has the authority. When Bruce makes the decision, it's a Redskins decision.

Fire Bruce Boudreau

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:52 pm

Ok, I'll look for you. Should I wave when I see you on my TV?

Have a great time at the game - it'd be awesome if they're tying the record that night...

Hog

Postby Sir_Monk » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:01 pm

BossHog wrote:Ok, I'll look for you. Should I wave when I see you on my TV?

Have a great time at the game - it'd be awesome if they're tying the record that night...

:lol:

Fire Bruce Boudreau

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:51 pm

Will you be wearing your Laich jersey?
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:47 pm

BossHog wrote:Unfortunately, February isn't when you want to be peaking... so hopefully they 'save a little' magic for the playoffs.

The historical problem with the Caps... peaking too early...

But... I'm sure that NO ONE here has ever had that problem... :wink:
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:38 pm

I saw the title and I just smiled.. How sweet it is boys!
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog

Postby Sir_Monk » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:56 pm

JansenFan wrote:Will you be wearing your Laich jersey?

I sure will! I was thinking back; the last Caps game I went to in person was the game after we traded Bondra and the sparse crowd was giving Leonsis the finger the entire game.

Fire Bruce Boudreau

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:48 pm

I'm getting annoyed with some Caps fans. We lost 2 in a row the other day and on the radio shows I'm hearing Caps fans (more knowledgeable than I) saying how we may not be as good as we thought. :hmm: [-X

That's a negative dear Caps fans. Just because we have a couple of losses doesn't mean we aren't playoff contenders. It doesn't mean we can't overcome the playoff losses last year. All it means is that these guys are human and losing a few games in a very long season means absolutely nothing when your one of the leaders in points (also record). I know some of you Caps fans are not like that and maybe some of you are like me in thinking "hey, I'm ok with the losses because it's nowhere near finished and we have a DOMINATING team". My only concern is that we win by coming from behind and obviously that won't always work.

Anyways, GO CAPS!!!!

PS.. I went to see a local gogo band on Sat. night (TCB) and a guy had on a Bondra jersey. He walked past and I said, "dude, you have on a Peter Bondra jersey??? That's awesome!".. Ok, so yea I know he isn't like the greatest Caps player but to see a guy around my age wearing a Bondra jersey in a gogo is a HUGE thing. No matter who the jersey's name was it was huge in the manner that most young black men I know from the area really don't give 2 hoots about hockey. He told me he bought it years ago and he's excited to see the Caps doing so well. LOL--> Imagine in a gogo with the band playing loud and this dude and I standing in the middle of a pack of girls talking sports. AWESOME!
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Return to Washington Sports Teams