Drafting a RB....?

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
the 'mudge
Posts: 14325
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:02 pm

I still think they go one of the 3 positions of need... but he does run with a chip.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

---
User avatar
Posts: 18570
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: AJT

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:17 pm

Countertrey wrote:I still think they go one of the 3 positions of need... but he does run with a chip.

I don't even disagree, but for some reason I think they're eyeballing him.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

#######
Posts: 7224
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:13 pm
Location: Washington D.C.

Postby The Hogster » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:14 pm

I'd go to the podium for LaMichael James.
SPIT HAPPENS!!
___________________________

---
User avatar
Posts: 18570
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: AJT

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:53 am

I still think they'll get Polk today, time will tell though. He's the perfect fit for this system.

Some people are saying that there's a steep drop off in O-linemen after the 1st round and that U can get your money's worth in the 4th. If Polk is there in the 3rd, he's ours.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

CKRGiii
Online
Posts: 4196
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:10 am

I'm secretly hoping we add the other j Jenkins to the squad... Am I drunk?
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

kazoo
Posts: 10195
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:23 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:I still think they'll get Polk today, time will tell though. He's the perfect fit for this system.

Some people are saying that there's a steep drop off in O-linemen after the 1st round and that U can get your money's worth in the 4th. If Polk is there in the 3rd, he's ours.


I agree with you in that if you see a player in the third you think is a gamer you take him regardless of the position. But why do you think Shannahan sees it with Polk but other teams don't? I know you're saying system, and that explains some teams but not all of them.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

kazoo
Posts: 10195
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:23 am

cowboykillerzRED wrote:I'm secretly hoping we add the other j Jenkins to the squad... Am I drunk?


Are those choices mutually exclusive? Just asking...
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

CKRGiii
Online
Posts: 4196
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:34 am

What are the choices? Add jj despite his 4kids w 3 different baby's mommas and is the Irishman drunk? Hardly a choice to consider much at all- for one of the above
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

kazoo
Posts: 10195
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:38 am

cowboykillerzRED wrote:What are the choices? Add jj despite his 4kids w 3 different baby's mommas and is the Irishman drunk? Hardly a choice to consider much at all- for one of the above


The choices were that we get jj or that you were drunk. I was just joking...
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

---
User avatar
Posts: 18570
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: AJT

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:42 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:I agree with you in that if you see a player in the third you think is a gamer you take him regardless of the position. But why do you think Shannahan sees it with Polk but other teams don't? I know you're saying system, and that explains some teams but not all of them.


I'm sure they do. I'm just saying that if he's there, I think we'll snag him.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

CKRGiii
Online
Posts: 4196
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:42 am

Me too kazoo.... Ha ha maybe!
Not about being Irish... And it is 5 o'clock somewhere I'm sure! RGiii hangover??
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

---
User avatar
Posts: 18570
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: AJT

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:25 am

Polk is still floating around out there. I've never made a draft projection before, let's see how it goes. Lol
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

kazoo
Posts: 10195
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:50 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:Polk is still floating around out there. I've never made a draft projection before, let's see how it goes. Lol


He's be a nice pickup with one of our two fourth rounders. I'll pull for you to get this one Chris.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

---
User avatar
Posts: 18570
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: AJT

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:01 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:Polk is still floating around out there. I've never made a draft projection before, let's see how it goes. Lol


He's be a nice pickup with one of our two fourth rounders. I'll pull for you to get this one Chris.


I just want what's best for the team. This is just a gut feeling I have. No matter who they pick, I'm feeling great.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

---
User avatar
Posts: 18570
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: AJT

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:45 am

Sadly, the Eagles got him.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Return to General Manager's Office