Yeremiah Bell

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
Canes Skin

Yeremiah Bell

Postby CanesSkins26 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:29 pm

The Dolphins released Yeremiah Bell. Could be a good pick-up. Thoughts?
Suck and Luck

DarthMonk

Re: Yeremiah Bell

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:46 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:The Dolphins released Yeremiah Bell. Could be a good pick-up. Thoughts?

Without thinking much ( :shock: ) I'd love to have him. Consistent and a great locker room presence from what I've heard.

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:10 pm

Wrong side of 30 for Shanny unless he signs for vet min... he can get a lot more than that somewhere else.

I'd bring him in ti compete for a roster spot
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:13 am

1niksder wrote:Wrong side of 30 for Shanny unless he signs for vet min... he can get a lot more than that somewhere else.

He's 3 years younger than Fletcher, had 107 tackles last season, has has 100 or more tackles each of the last 4 years, and hasn't missed a game since 2007. I'd bring him in for more than the vet minimum, he'd be our best safety by a pretty wide margin.
Suck and Luck

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:22 am

1niksder wrote:Wrong side of 30 for Shanny unless he signs for vet min... he can get a lot more than that somewhere else.

He's 3 years younger than Fletcher, had 107 tackles last season, has has 100 or more tackles each of the last 4 years, and hasn't missed a game since 2007. I'd bring him in for more than the vet minimum, he'd be our best safety by a pretty wide margin.
Suck and Luck

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:43 am

I would want him here, regardless... class act... class player... super solid... smart, and would probably love the latitude he'd have in Haslett's defense. A "presense" on the field in the same mold as Fletch.

I'm greedy... I want them both on the field.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:33 am

Countertrey wrote:I would want him here, regardless... class act... class player... super solid... smart, and would probably love the latitude he'd have in Haslett's defense. A "presense" on the field in the same mold as Fletch.

I'm greedy... I want them both on the field.

^^^ +1
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:24 am

OK, here's my post from 'Around The League' that I obviously should have put here instead.....

:roll:

I'm thinking with London still not re-signed that we should have a look at Yeremiah Bell, not as an ILB obviously, but as a leader on defense.

He may be 34 but we need another Safety and the guy leads by example. If, God forbid, London doesn't come back then he could be invaluable on and off the field.
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:02 pm

I'd still like to get both Fletcher & Bell in B&G this season :D
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:31 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:

I said Shanny would be looking at the vet min. to sign him (unless they get some cap relief), I also said he's worth and will get more right before I said I'd bring him in.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Return to General Manager's Office