Colt McCoy

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:23 am

The kid was runner up for the Heisman and 3rd last year, he was the winningest QB in NCAA history, McCoy came back in a game he was hurt to put the team in position to win the game that gave this team a chance to play for the national title, the kid has been incredible his whole career - give him a break - He suffered a pinched nerve (from reports) which means that he had no control over where he was throwing - he could not play

we were robbed - if he'd been in there it would not have been close and those 2 early mistakes would have made Saban look stupid

McCoy will be playing in the NFL - IMO he will be a very good QB unlike a lot of the QBs we have in the NFL right now
When you're dead you don't know you're dead, it's only difficult for others.
It's kind of the same as when you're stupid!

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:16 am

I feel bad for that freshman...no freshman should be put in to that situation.
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:24 am

VetSkinsFan wrote:I feel bad for that freshman...no freshman should be put in to that situation.

Yea, kid had no chance. He was a stud prospect coming out of high school (5 star recruit according to Rivals) and set a bunch of Texas state records. Even with his type of talent, though, it's next to impossible for a true freshman to come into that type of situation and play well. The only positive for him is that this gives him some experience going into next year as he'll be UT's starting qb in 2010.
Suck and Luck

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:25 am

Your first game - on the biggest stage. DANG that would suck. But it was very clear that the whole offensive side of the field was beat. They did come back in the 2nd half though but I think Alabama had already hung it up and then had to step on TX again at the end.

Tough game for the Fresh. but after the 2nd half, I'm sure he's going to have a lot of confidence heading into next season.

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:27 am

It also sucks that his receivers didn't help him out more. There were at least 5 drops in that gave and Williams dropped what could have been a td. I have to say that I'm impressed with Gilbert's resilience. There are a lot of players, not just freshmen, that would've given up mentally after the first half, particularly after the pick 6 on the shovel pass. The kid hung in there though and bounced back to make some plays in the second half.
Suck and Luck

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:32 am

CanesSkins26 wrote:It also sucks that his receivers didn't help him out more. There were at least 5 drops in that gave and Williams dropped what could have been a td. I have to say that I'm impressed with Gilbert's resilience. There are a lot of players, not just freshmen, that would've given up mentally after the first half, particularly after the pick 6 on the shovel pass. The kid hung in there though and bounced back to make some plays in the second half.

I fell asleep at 1/2 time...wish I coulda stayed up for some of it...but the score looked like he actually did something. I know that pick 6 he wanted to go hide somewhere...
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:59 am

VetSkinsFan wrote:
CanesSkins26 wrote:It also sucks that his receivers didn't help him out more. There were at least 5 drops in that gave and Williams dropped what could have been a td. I have to say that I'm impressed with Gilbert's resilience. There are a lot of players, not just freshmen, that would've given up mentally after the first half, particularly after the pick 6 on the shovel pass. The kid hung in there though and bounced back to make some plays in the second half.

I fell asleep at 1/2 time...wish I coulda stayed up for some of it...but the score looked like he actually did something. I know that pick 6 he wanted to go hide somewhere...

He actually got them to within 3 points with two td passes and they had the ball late in the game. He got sacked and fumbled though at his own 10 and Bama scored. Gilbert showed guts and some real promise for the future though.
Suck and Luck

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:23 pm

Not sure where Jordan Shipley projects out but that guy only scores TD's. He's got the ARE - slot receiver size.

He had the two TD catches yesterday.

Postby skinsfan#33 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:26 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:
Gibbs4Life wrote:What's youth got to do with it he's a heismann

Seriously??? He's a SOPHOMORE, which means the he is INELIGIBLE for the draft.

Just because someone is a sophomore doesn't mean they are not elligible for the draft. They have to be more than two years removed from HS. If there is a redshirt year a sophomore might be elligible.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:44 pm

Right but I don't think he was redshirted.

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:49 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:
CanesSkins26 wrote:

Just because someone is a sophomore doesn't mean they are not elligible for the draft. They have to be more than two years removed from HS. If there is a redshirt year a sophomore might be elligible.

True. I pointed that out in another thread. Just didn't want to confuse Gibbs4Life further since he seemed confused enough already.

Ingram, btw, was not redshirted.
Suck and Luck

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:51 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:
CanesSkins26 wrote:

A good example of what you're talking about was Bradford in 2008. He was a RS Sophomore and therefor eligible to be drafted in the 09 draft.
Suck and Luck

Postby skinsfan#33 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:18 pm

frankcal20 wrote:Right but I don't think he was redshirted.

I was making more of a general statement.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:49 am

I was also pretty pissed Mccoy did not go back into the game. I read afterwards that Brown would not let him into the game.
Honestly I like Colt but I do question how injured his shoulder was. I am thinking it was a stinger. I am no doctor. I am just speculating of course but it was the biggest game of his life. You cant tell me he cant force his way into the game?
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:26 am

I just read a story that he made several throws to his dad in the locker room from about 7 yds away. Keep in mind that he had no feeling in his arm even after the game - no pain but no feeling at all.

On the first pass, it was short and to the right. He made another attempt and the pass only went like 3 yds...

He tried a few more times but you get the jist of it. If he can't throw the ball 7 yds, what is he going to do. He did the best job he could which was be a resource for that kid. He does have all the experience, game study, etc and he was on the sideline working with the Freshman.

Return to General Manager's Office