Colt McCoy

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
G4L

Colt McCoy

Postby Gibbs4Life » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:40 pm

WHAT A ______ I MEAN A GIRLY MAN!!!!!!!! DO NOT DRAFT HIM!!!!!

TAKE A LONG LOOK AT INGRAM AT NO.4
HAIL

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:09 pm

too young to draft.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:21 pm

No McCoy is too soft to draft, did you see the hit that knocked him out! lol McCoy makes Campbell look like IRONMAN

Furthermore, this is the biggest game of McCoys life, alittle toughness is in order, my arm would have to be completely severed before I would go to the sidelines let alone walk off into the locker room.

What we learned = mccoy = no leader
HAIL

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:35 pm

no, ingram is too young to draft.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:39 pm

What's youth got to do with it he's a heismann
HAIL

Postby skinsfan#33 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:19 pm

Gibbs4Life wrote:Campbell look like IRONMAN

JC is freeking Ironman!!!

I kept hoping for him to be hurt a few game so we could see if TC could do anything, but the buggerer was just too darn tough.

I don't think he will ever be a great QB, but he is not playing at his ceiling either (however, I bet he can feel the static from it in his hair - the tall guys will under stand what I mean)

No one can question JC's toughness! The dude was a rock last year.

Don't watch college football so commenting on college QB's would mean nothing from me. That said, I do think Tebow is a much better leader than QB and probably a better leader than anyone on our team. Being that I just disqualified that statement by saying I don't watch college football often, take those comments for what they are worth.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:52 pm

Gibbs4Life wrote:What's youth got to do with it he's a heismann

Seriously??? He's a SOPHOMORE, which means the he is INELIGIBLE for the draft.
Suck and Luck

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:53 pm

Gibbs4Life wrote:No McCoy is too soft to draft, did you see the hit that knocked him out! lol McCoy makes Campbell look like IRONMAN

Furthermore, this is the biggest game of McCoys life, alittle toughness is in order, my arm would have to be completely severed before I would go to the sidelines let alone walk off into the locker room.

What we learned = mccoy = no leader

By the way, they reported that McCoy tried to talk his way back into the game but Brown wouldn't let him. Don't go ripping a kid without having all of the facts.
Suck and Luck

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:02 am

By the way, they reported that McCoy tried to talk his way back into the game but Brown wouldn't let him. Don't go ripping a kid without having all of the facts.

Oh I'm ripping and YOU need the facts, I heard that report and it was a quote from Colt's father putting the PR spin on it but let's just say for the sake of argument that its true... If your Colt McCoy and they tell you the xray is negative but they want to keep you out to "protect your nfl future" then Colt has to be the one to say absolutely not and fight for it even to the point of going out there when the coaches aren't looking, threatening gilbert, if I'm Colt I go to Gilbert and say 'Sit Down' this is my team.
No way can they tell me the xray is negative and then keep me off the field.
HAIL

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:11 am

Gibbs4Life wrote:

Oh I'm ripping and YOU need the facts, I heard that report and it was a quote from Colt's father putting the PR spin on it but let's just say for the sake of argument that its true... If your Colt McCoy and they tell you the xray is negative but they want to keep you out to "protect your nfl future" then Colt has to be the one to say absolutely not and fight for it even to the point of going out there when the coaches aren't looking, threatening gilbert, if I'm Colt I go to Gilbert and say 'Sit Down' this is my team.
No way can they tell me the xray is negative and then keep me off the field.

Brilliant :roll:
Suck and Luck

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:15 am

Brilliant

:roll:
HAIL

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:52 am

Gibbs4Life wrote:
Brilliant

:roll:

At the end of the game, he said that they actually don't know what's wrong with his arm but he can't feel it at all. It's like when your arm is asleep. Well, I think with that being his throwing arm, if he would've gone back in the game, he would have done his team a diservice.

I've had my fair share of injuries in my lifetime on the football field and basketball court. I've had 4 ACL reconstructive surgeries and 3 meniscus clean ups - all of which on only my Left Knee.

Being a football player, you're taught from an early age that if you are hurt, don't let your opponent see your pain. Get up, don't limp or do your best not to, walk right off the field and then get help. This is exactly what he did. It's only natural that he would want to go back in the game but the coach for one isn't going to hurt the whole team b/c the kid has a ton of heart and wants to help the team win. The coach know's that he's going to do more harm to the team and himself than help anyone.

Just wanted to clean that up b/c I feel like there was a little bit of rambling craziness going on.

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:40 am

You'd just like to see some toughness, even if all he did was hand off he was still more of a threat than the true freshman; McCoy was held out to quote "protect his NFL future" that is about as uninspiring as it gets.

Regardless I think its obvious McCoy is not a fit for us in any round, we don't need a porcelain QB.
HAIL

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:18 am

Gibbs4Life wrote:You'd just like to see some toughness, even if all he did was hand off he was still more of a threat than the true freshman; McCoy was held out to quote "protect his NFL future" that is about as uninspiring as it gets.

Regardless I think its obvious McCoy is not a fit for us in any round, we don't need a porcelain QB.

Of course they want to protect his NFL future. He is playing in COLLEGE, not in a professional league right now. A college coach has no business risking a kid's pro future to win a college game. The goal of college, whether academics or athletics, is to prepare kids for the future, not to put their futures at risk. As Frank pointed out, they weren't even able to determine what was wrong with him. No reasonable or responsible coach would have put him back in.
Last edited by CanesSkins26 on Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Suck and Luck

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:26 am

This same issue came up in the NC State vs Rutgers bowl game last season. Now of course that's no where near the same capacity game but I have to say you don't know what was going on. If he can't feel his arm, what are the chances he can even hold onto the ball. The other thing is that if the medical people don't clear him, then he's not going to go. I'm sure his helmet was long gone at that point too.

In a perfect world he would've come back and played a great game, etc but it doesn't work out like that. It's life and it's tough.

Not going to bust his butt b/c he got injured and didn't come back in. Also, I think this may be the only game where he's been hurt so you can't say he's porcelain. Hell, Wes Welker tore his ACL and MCL this weekend making a cut. The weird thing is that it didn't even look bad on replay.

Return to General Manager's Office