Trade Up For SUH

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Re: Trade Up For SUH

Postby tribeofjudah » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:22 pm

Gibbs4Life wrote:Trade with the Rams for No.1 throw in Cooley and no.4, draft SUH.

Pair SUH with HAYNESWORTH and ORAKPO and CARTER and FLETCH

Bruce Allen just doing what he feels is right and building that DEFENSE

WE need Oline help..... Defense can wait.
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:16 am

Manchester_Redskin wrote:wow, hasnt taken long for people to forget that we are getting the number 4 pick because our OL sucks.(

That IS the point. :idea:

Some Skins fans enjoy high and flashy Draft picks far more than the regular season. So, if you want a higher Draft pick, the season should stink. Let us keep the current OL. What is wrong with that logic? :shock:

I say we go 0-16 next season and compete with the Lions for the 1st round pick in 2011. Our chances are good. After all, they beat us this year. :cry:
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:03 pm

I'd rather spend it dropping back in the draft and picking up more picks. I'm curious about Shannahan's typical O-Lineman and where they would fall in the draft. I'm not convinced (because I haven't looked into it) that the top O-lineman in this draft would fit with the prototype O-lineman in shannahan's offense. I'm thinking he's looking for smaller and quicker players, and most likely, could be picked up in the second and third rounds.
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:59 pm

Everyone would like to trade this 4th pick - now, that is not going to be very easy because not too many teams want the costs associated with that pick AND there are not a whole lot of really talented players at the top anyway

that being said - anyone that wants to trade out of this pick should back it up with who and how - just saying I want to trade down is not helping here - we all want that - give us an idea on who you think might do that trade with us and why - don't just say "let's trade that pick" - that's kind of dumb :lol:
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:50 pm

SkinsJock wrote:Everyone would like to trade this 4th pick - now, that is not going to be very easy because not too many teams want the costs associated with that pick AND there are not a whole lot of really talented players at the top anyway

that being said - anyone that wants to trade out of this pick should back it up with who and how - just saying I want to trade down is not helping here - we all want that - give us an idea on who you think might do that trade with us and why - don't just say "let's trade that pick" - that's kind of dumb :lol:

That was covered here.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:23 pm

Thanks JSPB - that makes a lot of sense, for 1 of the teams - let's see how quickly this deal happens :lol:

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:40 am

BeeGee wrote: If they did go D, it should be for safety (Berry-Tenn or Mays-USC), but it all starts in the trenches, man.

My heart wants Taylor Mays so bad. :cry:
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:05 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
BeeGee wrote: If they did go D, it should be for safety (Berry-Tenn or Mays-USC), but it all starts in the trenches, man.

I feel you on that one. I want Berry for that same reason you want Mays.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Hog

Postby fredp45 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:25 am

I think a couple of you guys are Vinnie and Danny undercover...

If we pick a skill position with the first pick, I'm thinking I should begin rooting for the Bengals.

Our team has a horrible Oline, it's truly unbelievable how anyone could think we need anything but a huge upgrade on the Oline. Last night proved it for me. A few years ago, the Jets spent their 1st & 2nd picks on Olineman; Ferguson in the 1st and Mangold in the 2nd. They signed a pro bowl guard in free agency and now they run the ball better than anyone. Their qb just has to avoid int's for them to hang around games. Yeah, they have a great CB but nobodies at Safeties, WR's, TE's

Does anyone believe their skill positions are any better than ours? I don't.

PICK LINEMAN -- they win games but don't sell jerseys!

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:29 am

SkinsJock wrote:Everyone would like to trade this 4th pick - now, that is not going to be very easy because not too many teams want the costs associated with that pick AND there are not a whole lot of really talented players at the top anyway

It's just as dumb as saying you want to trade up and not mentioning who you want to trade with or how isn't it? or that there are not a whole lot of really talented players at the top anyway. What, are all of the talented players at the bottom?
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

Postby yupchagee » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:21 am

HEROHAMO wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:

I feel you on that one. I want Berry for that same reason you want Mays.

Sorry. I don't see Mays or Berry playing LT.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:09 am

Miss these guys who no longer post

RIP Vet!
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:19 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:Miss these guys who no longer post

RIP Vet!

:cry:
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:42 am

Yeah I miss Vet as well.

On another note. Notice how I picked Eric Berry rather then Mays. In fact if our Front office had listened to me about the draft we would have had a pro bowl roster.

We would of had Patrick Willis, Dominik Rogers Cromartie, Eric Berry, Calvin Johnson, Mike Iupati just to name a few. I dont think I have had a bust as far as draft prospects go.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:53 am

HEROHAMO wrote:Yeah I miss Vet as well.

On another note. Notice how I picked Eric Berry rather then Mays. In fact if our Front office had listened to me about the draft we would have had a pro bowl roster.

We would of had Patrick Willis, Dominik Rogers Cromartie, Eric Berry, Calvin Johnson, Mike Iupati just to name a few. I dont think I have had a bust as far as draft prospects go.

that's great - but how can you think that these players would have been as good as they are if they had come to this franchise

Hail to the Redskins

Return to General Manager's Office