THNFF 2017...

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
CKRGiii

Re: THNFF 2017...

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:03 am

Been using a different email, and just thought thnff was a no go.... been a quiet summer on here...I mean, not a single post about today's game?? That's crazy!

But, I'm in man.. if ya need me. As always Duck Fallas, HTTmfR!!!!!!!!
#21 forever in our hearts
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:44 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Been using a different email, and just thought thnff was a no go.... been a quiet summer on here...I mean, not a single post about today's game?? That's crazy!

I can get you in CK.. will just need one more to make 14 though.
Hog Bowl Champions
'09 langleyparkjoe, '10 Cappster, '11 & '13 DarthMonk,
'12 Deadskins, '14 PickSixerTWSS, '15 APEX PREDATOR, '16 vwoodzpusha

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:56 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:
DarthMonk wrote:If someone is thinking about joining, I know a former champ who is just procrastinating so we'd have 12.

I also know a few referrals but the guys I let know are always real good.

You need to tell that former champ to stop bs'n around and get back in here. He's a diehard Skins fan and he's a champ so there's no excuse.

However... (lol).. I do understand if a lady is involved and in that case it's aaaaaaaaall good! :mrgreen:

Give me his email address when you have a chance and I'll resend him the invite brother.

Check PMs.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013, 2016)

Hognostibowl XII Champion (2017)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:56 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:
cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Been using a different email, and just thought thnff was a no go.... been a quiet summer on here...I mean, not a single post about today's game?? That's crazy!

Get him in. We have 13 now.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:29 pm

CK.... what's your new email address to use?

We have one slot left for you.

Shoutout to the former champ for FINALLY coming back! :mrgreen:
Hog Bowl Champions

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:31 pm

DarthMonk wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:

Get him in. We have 13 now.

You know I was about to get on you right? Like.. invite him Mf'er, you're a co-commish for a reason. :mrgreen:

A league without the former champ is like.. "eh"
Hog Bowl Champions

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:48 pm

You know I was about to get on you right? Like.. invite him Mf'er, you're a co-commish for a reason. :mrgreen:

A league without the former champ is like.. "eh"

Yeah - figured it out. He can be a lazy bitch. I'd rather not have to compete against him but I don't want 12 players.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:29 pm

Hey CK, we still need your new email address my brother. Send it in a pm if you don't want it public.
Hog Bowl Champions

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:41 am

Attempt to bump to top of page.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:17 pm

Sorry homies!!! Been on the road, my uncle passed away last tuesday and we just moved out of state so it's been cray cray... anyhow, I'm down, same yahoo email commish,

Nessofresh at Y!... probably auto draft, but I'll still whoop dat azzz!!!
#21 forever in our hearts
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:25 am

Of course none of this means a whole lot but here are the draft grades and summaries in order:

A+

Led by a Talented Group of Receivers, APEX PREDATOR Has a Team to Watch

Draft Summary
A masterful draft-day performance by the GM of APEX PREDATOR turned the 10th overall pick into a projected finish of second. They're expected to finish 11-2-0 (2,609 points) in THN Football League. They went after the diva position early, using three of their first five selections on WRs Tyreek Hill (third round), Tyler Lockett (fourth round), and DeSean Jackson (fifth round). They ultimately landed one of the best RB pairs in the league, as they added Devonta Freeman and Leonard Fournette to the team.

A+

Despite Reaching for a Few Players, Laughing Hyenas Will Own This League

Draft Summary
Drafting 11th, Laughing Hyenas took advantage of their weaker opponents and drafted a team capable of making some noise come playoff time. They are expected to finish first in THN Football with a record of 12-1-0 (2,591 points). They made a bold roster decision by choosing to wait until the sixth round to grab their first RB. They scooped up Bilal Powell with the 74th overall pick. They also ultimately ended up with the best TE combo in the league, as they have Rob Gronkowski and Jimmy Graham on their team.

A

Led by a Terrific Group of RBs, Pot Roasted is a Team to Watch

Draft Summary
Putting together a decent team, Pot Roasted didn't want to show up the THN Football League and build some unbeatable juggernaut. They instead focused on building a team with a solid chance to make the playoffs. Humbly, they are expected to finish in fourth-place in THN Football League at 9-4-0 (2,492 points). They put together a three-headed monster in the backfield with their first three picks, selecting Melvin Gordon 12th overall, followed by Ezekiel Elliott in the second round, and Kareem Hunt in the third. A lot will be expected of this group, as they are the most prolific group of RBs in the league.

A

Loaded With Falcons, NeSsDank is a Force To Be Reckoned With

Draft Summary
NeSsDank must have gotten some help from Ozzie Newsome, as they built a talented roster despite a late pick. Projections predict they'll finish third in THN Football League with a record of 11-2-0 (2,495 points). With this kind of investment in the WR position by NeSsDank, they can only hope this trio resembles "The Greatest Show on Turf." They used their first three picks to draft Jordy Nelson in the first round (14th overall), Michael Thomas in the second (15th), and Demaryius Thomas in the third (42nd). This group will have to produce in order for NeSsDank to have a good season, as they are one of the best groups of WRs in the league.

B

Led by a Quality Group of RBs, Hail2theSkins is a Team to Watch

Draft Summary
Hail2theSkins put together an underrated roster that might not dominate week in and week out, but will be firmly entrenched in a playoff spot by season's end. They're projected to finish the season with a 6-7-0 record (2,337 points) in THN Football League, which will be good enough for seventh. They stocked up on pass-catching weapons early on, using three of their first five selections to pick up WRs Amari Cooper (third round), Kelvin Benjamin (fourth round), and DeVante Parker (fifth round). They ultimately built the best group of RBs in the league, as they added David Johnson, Christian McCaffrey, and Theo Riddick.

B

Predicted to Finish Sixth, Ron Bugundy-n-Gold Expects to Factor Heavily Into Playoff Picture

Draft Summary
Ron Bugundy-n-Gold drafted like a bat out of hell in this one. Meat Loaf once told the NY Times that he's played in as many as 60 fantasy leagues in a year, and he would surely approve of this drafting display. Ron Bugundy-n-Gold assembled a squad built to reach the playoffs and is projected to finish sixth in THN Football League with a record of 8-5-0 (2,369 points). They went with a balanced approach early, selecting QB Matt Ryan (50th overall), RB Jay Ajayi (7th), WR Brandin Cooks (22nd), and TE Travis Kelce (35th) within the first five rounds. They've ultimately got the lowest-scoring set of WRs in the league, as they added Cooks, Sammy Watkins, Pierre Garcon, and Zay Jones.

B

Despite a Powerful Set of RBs, Deadskins Needs Upgrades

Draft Summary
Look, Deadskins, not everyone achieves the "above" in "above average," it has to be earned. Just be happy as an average GM, and maybe with a little hard work and a better draft next season, your team will reach that milestone. Deadskins didn't achieve their playoff aspirations with this draft, but they'll have to do some extra work to get there. For now, they're projected to finish in eighth-place in THN Football League at 6-7-0 (2,333 points). RB depth won't be the issue this season as Deadskins loaded up, drafting LeSean McCoy (9th overall), Jordan Howard (20th), and Lamar Miller (37th) with their first three selections. If these guys can do what they're expected to do, Deadskins will benefit. They are one of the most prolific groups of RBs in the league.

B

Led by a Quality Group of RBs, L P J is a Team to Watch

Draft Summary
L P J put together an underrated roster that might not dominate week in and week out, but will be firmly entrenched in a playoff spot by season's end. They're projected to finish the season with a 9-4-0 record (2,390 points) in THN Football League, which will be good enough for fifth. With their first five picks, L P J focused on a balanced offensive attack, selecting QB Drew Brees (27th overall), RBs Le'Veon Bell (2nd) and Mark Ingram (58th), and WRs Terrelle Pryor Sr. (30th) and Michael Crabtree (55th). They also ended up landing the top set of RBs in the league, as they have Bell, Duke Johnson Jr., Ingram, and Chris Thompson for their rotation.

C

With Multiple Redskins, Bernie's Braves Needs Work to Reach Playoffs

Draft Summary
With the right set of circumstances, Bernie's Braves could potentially make the playoffs. A tough draft spot led to a fairly tough draft. Picking eighth overall, they're projected to land in ninth place in THN Football League with a record of 5-8-0 (2,223 points). They went with a balanced approach early, selecting QB Kirk Cousins (8th overall), RB Samaje Perine (49th), WR Jamison Crowder (36th), and TE Jordan Reed (21st) within the first five rounds. They ultimately have the weakest QB combo in the league, as they added Cousins and Jared Goff to their squad.

D

Despite Some Early Bargains, ea7649 Would Have Done Better if They Drafted Good Players

Draft Summary
Despite selecting in the top half of the first round (fifth overall), ea7649 might as well have been blindly heaving darts at the draft board to decide their picks. Opponents are going to enjoy beating this team, which is projected to finish 11th in THN Football League with a record of 3-10-0 (2,108 points). They went with the SMU "Pony Express" draft strategy, loading up on three tailbacks in the first five rounds, selecting Carlos Hyde (third round), Joe Mixon (fourth round), and Ameer Abdullah (fifth round). When the dust settled, they'd ultimately landed one of the best QB tandems in the league, as they added Aaron Rodgers and Andy Dalton.

D

Despite an Exciting Group of WRs, the LTI Would Have Done Better if They Drafted Good Players

Draft Summary
Despite selecting in the top half of the first round (fourth overall), the LTI might as well have been blindly heaving darts at the draft board to decide their picks. Opponents are going to enjoy beating this team, which is projected to finish 14th in THN Football League with a record of 1-12-0 (1,996 points). With four RBs on the roster, the LTI might have opted for quantity over quality at that spot; their RBs are projected to average 144 points this season, fewer than the league average of 155. They ultimately landed the highest-scoring group of WRs in the league, as they have Odell Beckham Jr., Dez Bryant, and Stefon Diggs on the roster.

D

Despite Some Early Steals, HH.Thn.rookie Should Call Chip Kelly for Trade Advice

Draft Summary
Jerry Rice once stated, "I feel like I'm the best, but you're not going to get me to say that." Well, guess what, HH.Thn.rookie, he isn't going to claim that about your team either. Because that would be a lie. HH.Thn.rookie is expected to finish 12th in THN Football League with a record of 3-10-0 (1,994 points). They clearly wanted to assemble a wide receiver corps early, using three of their first five selections on A.J. Green (first round), DeAndre Hopkins (third round), and Keenan Allen (fourth round). They also ended up landing one of the weakest groups of RBs in the league, as they have DeMarco Murray, Mike Gillislee, Jamaal Williams, and Rex Burkhead on their team.

D

Despite an Exciting Set of WRs, Diesel and Gas 4488 Can Make the Playoffs if They Just Replace Most of the Team

Draft Summary
Entering the draft with the sixth overall pick, the expectations were high for Diesel and Gas 4488. Then they drafted. Those expectations quickly vanished with a projected 13th-place finish in THN Football League at 2-11-0 (1,964 points). They must be in love with the wide receiver position, using their first three picks on Mike Evans (6th overall), Doug Baldwin (23rd), and T.Y. Hilton (34th). These guys could be the key to the season for Diesel and Gas 4488, as they are one of the most prolific groups of WRs in the league.

D

In Spite of Some Early-Round Value Picks, DC-RU Needs Work

Draft Summary
Mediocrity isn't for everyone DC-RU, so feel proud. Ok, maybe it is. But hey, you showed up, and that's the important thing. After this average draft performance, DC-RU is projected to go 5-8-0 (2,128 points) and finish 10th in THN Football League. With their first five picks, DC-RU aimed for balance, selecting QB Jameis Winston (54th overall), RBs Dalvin Cook (26th) and Isaiah Crowell (31st), and WRs Antonio Brown (3rd) and Allen Robinson (59th). They put together one of the weakest groups of RBs in the league, as they have Crowell, Cook, and Terrance West to lead the way.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:11 am

Thanks for the recap DM!

Good luck to everyone in the league, kick a** and take numbers!!
Hog Bowl Champions

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:40 am

Lpj, why you changing rules that have been in place prior years?
Thats bs!
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:40 am

Crybabies fearing me so they want rule changes.

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:17 pm

Ok guys. Ive looked at all the rosters. The bottom half of the leagues rosters are terrible. Ill listen to trade offers.
Ive got Eli, Antonio Gates on trade block. Ill listen to all offers for any player on my roster though.

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Return to General Manager's Office