Champ

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Tue Sep 23, 2003 10:40 am

No - Collins was 3 step dropping half the time - most of the short 5-6 yard gainers underneath and in the flats were three steppers.

With the run to the outside, we can't blitz effectively. Period.

I talked about it before and got kind of a blah reaction but here is a quote from another news source:
RUSH DEFENSE
C -- RB Tiki Barber carried 28 times for 126 yards, though most of his activity was around the ends. Washington didn't do a bad job stuffing him up the middle. DT Jermaine Haley was solid in the middle while playing with a fractured thumb, and fellow DT Bernard Holsey isn't bad at all for being such an unknown. Now if only the line could generate some pass rush. We'd like to see the linebackers fill a bit better and the tackling overall to improve.

So, with the running around the ends, the LBs have to cover outside because we can't stop it. We can't start bringing safeties and cb blitzes right now.

If they don't adjust to the sweeps and pitches, like putting Upshaw in on the right for first down and someone like Pierce and telling him to sic em, we aren't going to get a pass rush. The run game sits the line back on their heels waiting to chase Tiki or whoever outside.

If we stop the run against NE we will get more of a pass rush. We did get more pressure if not sacks in the first two games. If the QBs feel the pocket pushing in, like Doug Johnson, they throw bad passes and incompletes. I don't care as much if we are sack monsters - just make the other guy throw bad - that is where picks come from too.
Rich in Roanoke

Hog

Postby skinsfanno9 » Tue Sep 23, 2003 10:56 am

Dunno, I'm thinking we need a Jets DE next year. John Abraham and Shaun Ellis are coming up for contracts next year, right? Maybe we should go to Jetsinsider.com and ask them who is better to take!

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Tue Sep 23, 2003 10:58 am

Dunno, I'm thinking we need a Jets DE next year. John Abraham and Shaun Ellis are coming up for contracts next year, right? Maybe we should go to Jetsinsider.com and ask them who is better to take!

ROTFALMAO that was good.....although i think i saw where one of those guys were hurt right now.
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Hog

Postby skinsfanno9 » Tue Sep 23, 2003 11:02 am

piglet

Postby redskinfan » Thu Sep 25, 2003 5:05 pm

the players them selves have even said its not the pass rush all the time but the opposing qb's are only dropping back 3 step the getting rid of the ball so it sounds to me our corners are not covering for minutes or anything.they are getting out of position or something.but we do need more of a pass rush for sure.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football