Do you really think Ramsey is the man?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Do you really think Ramsey is the man?

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 13, 2003 1:31 pm

You guys will get to see how he works under pressure this week.
I would like to thank skinsfanno9 for his intelligent posts on our board, it's a refreshing change from the usual trolls.

I am the guest who posted this.

Postby birdforlife56 » Sat Sep 13, 2003 1:34 pm

I thought I was logged in, I guess not :?
Our condolences to skins fans, maybe he'll go back to college ball!!!!!!!

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Sat Sep 13, 2003 2:03 pm

... thanks for popping by. I don't think there will be a problem with pressure this week. We have a potentially awesome offensive line that can hold anyone at bay if they play like they can.

The Falcons have a lot of key injuries in the secondary and I think when you couple that with the fact that our receivers were going to be a tough match for them if they were healthy... we'll be going deep a few times. Ramsey has shown a nice touch on the long ball so far this year... so we may not see if he's the man... but we're gonna see that he's no boy.

Michael Vick's the man... too bad he isn't playing, would've loved to see our LB corps and how they stacked up against him. Pretty happy to not be seeing him too :-)

redskinsmiley

HTTR
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

You might re-think the pressure thing!!

Postby cyril » Sat Sep 13, 2003 5:03 pm

We had 47 sacks last year; second highest in Falcon history;
we have the same front and linebackers as last year. We had
three sacks last week and our gameplan was to let Carter throw; he's terrible. We'll be coming after your qb; I'd be
a little more anxious about that; no one has stopped us in that area yet; although we will give up the big play in a second if that pressure doesn't rattle him. The pressure WILL be there; how he reacts to it is something that is beyond our control??

Cyril

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Sat Sep 13, 2003 5:22 pm

LOL - he played at Tulane in the shotgun 95% of the time because he had no front line - I think he got sacked more frequently than any other Tulane QB simply because the entire OL including their backups graduated all at the same time with Shaun King. (I don't know if I would want that job - sheesh)

I know that Ramsey did well vs. Ellis and Abraham all things considered. We gave up too many hits, I think cause Spurrier kept trying to go too deep when the pressure went up. I did love what he did to Mo Lewis - ducked under the blitz and hit a pass for 48 yards to Coles.

Who knows, but it should be fun. I think both teams are far and away underrated considering certain aspects of both teams.
Rich in Roanoke

Hog

Postby skinsfanno9 » Sun Sep 14, 2003 9:49 am

I agree that one of the real keys is the skins Oline versus the Falcs blitzing. If the falcs win this they can really neutralize the skins' offense. I really think we will come through on the running game as Roanoke says - this will severely hurt the blitz. If we do, and the Oline starts playing better, I think your secoondary is beat up enough to give up some really big plays.

On the flip side, I'm real interested to see if our Dtackles where a one game wonder or whether they can "hold the line" in the running game for one more week. We have the Tiki bar next week so this game will be telling.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football