I invited the folks from Falcons Roost over here this week

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

I invited the folks from Falcons Roost over here this week

Postby skinsfanno9 » Sun Sep 07, 2003 9:13 pm

I invited the folks over at Falcons Roost to come here this week. Hopefully some will take me up on it.

I doubt we will see any of the nastiness that we had last week with the Jets. This is a random schedule game with little animosity between teams.

Hopefully we can get some pretty in-depth understanding of what this game will be about from them.

Lee - Falcons Fan

Postby Lee - Falcons Fan » Sun Sep 07, 2003 10:43 pm

Hi....(Falcons Fan here). I took your offer from Falconsroost to come over to talk about the upcoming game. I watched your game against the Jets and I really don't feel that I have much of a guage on how good you guys are this year. I thought Ramsey looked great for a 2nd year guy and Arrington is a monster. For me, its hard to tell because I just don't know how good NY is. My thoughts were that I was watching 2 very average teams on Thursday night. Who knows???? only time will tell. Same thing with the Falcons (just don't know how good they are yet). Obviously Vick changes a whole bunch of things as to how teams defend against him, but you wont have to worry about that. Because Johnson is our backup, we haven't really seen to much of him and don't really know how he will hold up over 4-5 more games until Vick comes back. He was pretty decent in the 2nd half (terrible in the first. I know Doug hates Spurrier and maybe that will be more motivation for him to play great (or maybe it will physche him out). I hope the Falcons win, and hope we both come out of this week injury free. I will be around to chat about this week. (not a smack talker here). Good Luck (except next week!)

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Sun Sep 07, 2003 11:39 pm

Keep one thing in mind - Taylor Jacobs had a bruised pancreas, and I think that had he been in the Jets game as a slot receiver, we would have been better and the Jets would have had a harder time blanketing Coles in the 2nd half.

Just my My 2 cents
Rich in Roanoke

Hog

Postby redskincity » Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:18 am

What do you mean Coles got blanketed? We went conservative. Coles was used for decoy in the second half.We do have other players who needed to get involved. :roll:

:up:
• NFL Championships
1937, 1942, 1983, 1987, 1991
• Conference Championships
1936, 1937, 1940, 1942, 1943, 1945, 1972, 1982, 1983, 1987, 1991
• Division Championships
1972, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1987, 1991, 1999,
• All-Time Record:
515-465-27

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Mon Sep 08, 2003 8:22 am

There were times when Ramsey dropped back to pass that he had to drop off to the underneath receiver in Gardner or others when I could catch a glimpse of both a corner and a safety doing an over under cover on Coles. After he caught 105 on them in the first half, you think Spurrier just forgot him? :)

You can, if you taped it, go back and watch Ramsey look over to Coles several times in the second half only to go to someone else.
Rich in Roanoke

Hog

Postby skinsfanno9 » Mon Sep 08, 2003 3:56 pm

Hi....(Falcons Fan here). I took your offer from Falconsroost to come over to talk about the upcoming game.

Hi Lee, Welcome! I'm glad you took me up on the offer, hopefully more will stop by.

I watched your game against the Jets and I really don't feel that I have much of a guage on how good you guys are this year. I thought Ramsey looked great for a 2nd year guy and Arrington is a monster. For me, its hard to tell because I just don't know how good NY is. My thoughts were that I was watching 2 very average teams on Thursday night. Who knows???? only time will tell

Everyone is asking that I think. However, the Jets are a 2 year playoff team and played a really clean game (1 penalty, no turnovers). They are a good team, but played conservatively I think.

Same thing with the Falcons (just don't know how good they are yet). Obviously Vick changes a whole bunch of things as to how teams defend against him, but you wont have to worry about that.

Seriously, even though I want the skins to win, I think most skins fans will miss seeing Vick. He's one of the real special people in this league that has the potential to get to a "Jerry Rice" type level where you just want to see they guy play even if he's beating your butt. As we don't get to see the falcons often, I will miss him.

Because Johnson is our backup, we haven't really seen to much of him and don't really know how he will hold up over 4-5 more games until Vick comes back. He was pretty decent in the 2nd half (terrible in the first.

DJ did not inspire fear in the skins I think...

I know Doug hates Spurrier and maybe that will be more motivation for him to play great (or maybe it will physche him out).

If the Falcons win, I'd expect some quotes from DJ on this similar to how Coles did last week. If he loses, I bet we hear nothing more about their relationship.

I hope the Falcons win, and hope we both come out of this week injury free. I will be around to chat about this week. (not a smack talker here). Good Luck (except next week!)

Seriously, unlike the Jets last week, or the Giants the next week, I see no real animosity at all between our teams. I imagine most of our discussions here, while we are both probably "homeys" (I know I am) will be pretty cordial and enlightening. I've already learned a TUN on the roost site, (although I must say I've had problems with reposting my messages many times...). Hopefully you will learn about the skins here as well.

From the Roost site, the conversations I've had have seemed to boil down to see the differences in the game to be whether the Falcons can pressure Ramsey to take him off his game and whether the Falcons can generate a running attack to aid DJ. If you do these two, you have a decent chance. If not, I think the skins have the upper hand. Our WRs will probably dust your DBs if Ramsey is comfortable.

However it goes, good luck the rest of the way, and I hope Vick gets healthy soon so I can see him play.

Hog

Postby doeslammer » Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:41 pm

I think we (the Skins) really have the upper edge in this game, with the quaterback, now Ramsey really has confindence in not only himself but with coles and gardner, and now all the pressure is off of Gardner, him trying to be number one I think hurt him the last years, now he can go out and play his game, I mean physical style, and with are running game coming along nicely, are o-line played tough against some pro bowlers. But I do have to admit I was the biggest Falcon Fan yesterday as they laid an a** kicking on Dallas, Glad to see the fat tuna with his head down on the sidelines,and nice extra point. Great Job guys, but now you are the enemy and we need to take care of business, Good Luck and lets go skins 2-0.

TweetyBird

Falcon Fan Here....

Postby TweetyBird » Tue Sep 09, 2003 1:05 pm

Suup Hog Fans!! Congrats on your win over the Jets..I think Spurrier will get things turned around for ya'll sooner rather than later. One thing that concerns me is what Spurrier might still know, from coaching him at UF, about DJ's tendencies/strengths/weakness, etc...If he can find a way to exploit those, it could be a long day for the Falcons on Sunday.

OTOH, the Falcons will not be taking this game lightly. Our defense is pretty damn good and the Skins will have a harder time getting in the end zone than they probably think. Our DB's are not as bad as they looked in Dallas and after Wade makes a few tweaks to the gameplan, I think they match up pretty well with your WR's. The key to our offense this week, as always with a Dan Reeves coached team, will be to get the running game going early and often..If any of you watched the ATL/DAL game last week, when we finally got the running game going in the 2nd half..we were pretty hard to stop..[/url]

Hog

Postby woohit56 » Tue Sep 09, 2003 1:26 pm

doeslammer wrote:But I do have to admit I was the biggest Falcon Fan yesterday as they laid an a** kicking on Dallas, Glad to see the fat tuna with his head down on the sidelines

ROTFALMAO

Hog

Postby skinsfanno9 » Tue Sep 09, 2003 3:53 pm

removed my post here and added it to the "Falcons fan" post by tweety.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football