2014 Training Camp

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
CKRGiii

2014 Training Camp

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:02 pm

Sooo camp starts today- I guess yesterday with just the conditioning test or ever tho.
I expected to see someone posting up tweets and/or play by play reports... for y'all that have Twitter accounts and the inside scoop- keep us updated!!

HTTR
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Re: 2014 Training Camp

Postby riggofan » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:00 pm

Just reading a bunch of reports today. Sounds like RGIII didn't have a great day. And there was an entire piece in the WashPost about how bad Morgan Moses looked. The gist of it was: you're on crack if you think he's beating out Polumbus this year.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/foo ... -underway/
Bottom line: Polumbus remains the Redskins’ best right tackle, by far. And he figures to be for the foreseeable future. Although that last sentence may scare Redskins fans, it really shouldn’t.

Compared to all of the NFL’s other starting right tackles, is Columbus the best? No. But Polumbus would would start for a bunch of teams in the league, NFL assistant coaches have told me. The Redskins could do worse than Polumbus — and they likely will if something happens to him.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:39 pm

What do you mean he didn't have a great day? Its practice! Did he not wake up on time??
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:41 pm

hah. I read more or less the same comments in a few different places, but here's how John Keim/ESPN wrote about RGIII today:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/ ... ii-o-shaky
1. Robert Griffin III did not look sharp Thursday morning, whether due to his own play, the pass rush (the defense was getting to him) or the rainy weather (it rained much of the morning). Even Griffin admitted that “we weren’t as efficient as we wanted to be today, including myself.”

2. More often than not, Griffin was unable to throw the ball. Fault in those situations is tough to determine without knowing everything that’s going on; even the coaches have to go back and watch the film to see. But it was a constant problem for the offense.

3. When Griffin just worked on throwing the ball in individual work, he was more consistent (as he should be, of course). Better torque on his delivery. Bringing the ball from higher up, unlike last season. Better off his back foot.

4. He and DeSean Jackson nearly connected on two deep balls. The first was underthrown, with too much air under it. Jackson blew past the secondary, but the pass allowed corner Courtney Bridget to catch up and deflect the pass. On the second, Griffin led Jackson across the middle, giving him more of a chance to separate from another undrafted corner, Bryan Shepherd. But Jackson dropped the ball. I know it came against two undrafted players, but this is what Jackson does against a lot of corners. A key for Jackson, though, is to lead him on deep throws.

5. Griffin missed Pierre Garcon with a low pass on one bubble screen and promptly did some pushups as punishment. Later, Griffin was nearly pick-sixed by safety Brandon Meriweather on an out route to Jackson. The ball was too far inside, and Meriweather got his hands on it. The ball popped up and Jackson caught it, but out of bounds.

Hog

Postby rick301 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:19 pm

No worries - just knocking off the rust! ... at least no injuries so far!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:02 pm

I find it encouraging (with my silver lining mentality)... sounds like the D is hungry and the youth will push the vets.
Rain and what not happens. I'm just glad RGiii has this time to develop that chemistry and timing with his wideouts- that he hasn't gotten previously... particularly with DJax. Its going to take time for Robert to learn how far DJax can run and how fast he will get there as with DJax learning the strength of his new Qbs arm.

That said, I'm sure there are those that are already clamoring for Cousins with their Rome is burning exaggeration of this report. Smh just wait Robert is going to hush all the haters with not just a repeat of 2012 but by eclipsing that performance.

My birthday is on August 2nd... and its fan appreciation day... hmmmmmm

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:24 am

http://httr4life.com/pressers-jay-gruden-7-24-2014/

Coaches presser sounds a little more encouraging while still giving a fair assertion of what took place today... I'm just excited to see this team grow day by day.The more Robert can learn about Pierres massive window in which he will snag the ball and Djaxs speed where only he can get down far enough to make the play as they build chemistry will be a thing a beauty for us to behold on game days.
Shame Keim didn't mention the 70 yard TD that Jay did..

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:25 am

http://httr4life.com/presser-robert-gri ... 7-24-2014/

I like d halls interview after bob leaves the podium too..
is it just me or has Robert... matured? Physically as well as intellectually. He definitely carries the aura of this not being his first rodeo, and knows how to answer some of these questions the media likes to fish for a certain answer with better then before.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:17 am

It's just the same old, same old ...

things are not near as good as many think and no where near as bad as some here think

we're going to be better than many predict and we're not going to be near as good as some here think

I'm just excited to see Jay in charge here and predict that Jay & Sean will help the offense and that Jim will have a much more aggressive defense - I'm hoping we're getting better this season and progressing enough to be really good in 2015
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:07 am

SkinsJock wrote:It's just the same old, same old ...

things are not near as good as many think and no where near as bad as some here think

we're going to be better than many predict and we're not going to be near as good as some here think

Also we're going to score more points than some here think but not as many points as many people believe. #insightful

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:14 am

"so far, so good ..." said the man at the 26th floor, after falling off a 50 story building ... :twisted:
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:00 pm

Ummm. Ok? I literally have no idea what you're talking about.

Sounds like RGIII is having a better second day today. Rich Tandler writes:

In general, Griffin’s accuracy was better today. He did have to deal with a wet football yesterday but he will have to throw a wet ball during the season.

There's some good stuff out today about Andre Roberts, too. Sounds like he is feeling better about his role in the offense with Garcon and DJax.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/foo ... -redskins/

He's also #1 right now for kickoffs and punt returns:
http://www.csnwashington.com/redskinsbl ... f-returner

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:06 pm

Some more on RGIII, day two:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/foo ... ning-camp/
After struggling to connect on a rainy first day of training camp, wide receiver DeSean Jackson and quarterback Robert Griffin III displayed better timing during Friday’s first session. The offense was sharper overall while working in great weather. But for the Redskins, the Griffin-Jackson connection was most encouraging.

Griffin was sharp, completing several passes to Jackson on crossing patterns and sideline routes. Offensive coordinator Sean McVay didn’t call many deep routes for Jackson, though that will come.

I'm starting to get really hyped about DJax again btw. It was exciting to sign him and everything, but now he's really out there at training camp working with Griffin AND from all accounts it sounds like he is the real deal.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:00 pm

the thing I'm really looking forward to is having an OC and HC that want to run a pro style offense and are preparing all of the offense for that - I think that Shanahan's ZBS and zone read concepts are OK but I'm looking forward to having a really talented group of receivers, a very talented RB and RG3 all working together and succeeding based on their abilities rather than trying to confuse defenses

I think that RG3's talents have not been utilized correctly and I think Sean and Jay will take advantage of his talents and the weapons around him better - RG3 will grow and become a better NFL QB with this type of coaching than what he did under Mike & Kyle

HAIL

Currently 50-41

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:13 pm

http://httr4life.com/presser-desean-jackson-7-25-2014/

Djax presser...
like Riggo I, too, am getting excited about this new weapon coming to life in the B&G!!!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football