Various Preseason Power Rankings

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Re: Various Preseason Power Rankings

Postby FanofallthatisGibbs » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:37 am

HEROHAMO wrote:Our Oline which was a weakness last year is a question mark. But I too believe that our draft addressed these issues.

Addressed the issues? Yes. Fixed the issues? No. Unless you buy a high 1st round draft pick like Chris Samuels you're not going to have a rookie contributor that is not in some way a liability until he adjusts to the NFL. But the additions on the O-line will hopefully pay dividends over the next 3-5 years.

Hog

Postby FanofallthatisGibbs » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:39 am

I'd put this Redskins team in the bottom third of the league right now. I see plenty of reasons for optimism that the team could perform like it did in 2012, but that would be more of a surprise to me than an expectation.

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:42 am

Realistically our draftees may not be able to contribute right away. I am crossing my fingers that our rookies can start right away.

We just have to wait and see. As a fan I am always optimistic about most additions to the team especially draft picks.

I just hope we found ourselves a Jacoby or Grimm in this bunch. Who knows probably not but I always like to fantasize that we did. Thats what pre season is for. We can get the harsh realities if they happen to come about. But for now I like to think we have found ourselves our future pro Bowlers.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:16 am

HEROHAMO wrote:Realistically our draftees may not be able to contribute right away. I am crossing my fingers that our rookies can start right away.

We just have to wait and see. As a fan I am always optimistic about most additions to the team especially draft picks.

I just hope we found ourselves a Jacoby or Grimm in this bunch. Who knows probably not but I always like to fantasize that we did. Thats what pre season is for. We can get the harsh realities if they happen to come about. But for now I like to think we have found ourselves our future pro Bowlers.

Best is to bring them along at their own pace for the first year.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:04 am

I was cautiously optimistic but there are many here who predict we're at least a top 10 offense and possibly a top 5

that makes me feel a lot better :twisted:
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:54 pm

SkinsJock wrote:I was cautiously optimistic but there are many here who predict we're at least a top 10 offense and possibly a top 5

Most fans consider the team they root for the best.. and this is the time of season for everyone to be optimistic. . That said, how do you enjoy your crow? The offense will most certainly be top ten in the league.. there are less then 10 teams with equal weapons and few to none with more. Bank on it!
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Postby RwordNerds » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:41 pm

riggofan wrote:I couldn't find a good place to post this comment, so I thought I would start this thread. I'm sure there will be various preseason rankings coming out over the next week or two.

I've been following ProfootballTalk's Pre-Season Power Rankings the past few days and was surprised they've made it from #32 to #27 without listing the Redskins so far (most of the lazy preseason rankings I bet will land us at like #30.):

32. Raiders
31. Dolphins
30. Titans
29. Jaguars
28. Bills
27. Vikings

What do you think? Will we be #26 tomorrow? Or did we gain a little more respect with our draft and DJax? Do you think we'll be the lowest ranked team in the NFC East?

I would rank the RedSkids 33rd

Postby RwordNerds » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:42 pm

SkinsJock wrote:I was cautiously optimistic but there are many here who predict we're at least a top 10 offense and possibly a top 5

Yes and those people are idiots.

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:07 pm

RwordNerds wrote:

Yes and those people are idiots.

Hey pods, how's it hanging?
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:30 am

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:

Most fans consider the team they root for the best.. and this is the time of season for everyone to be optimistic. . That said, how do you enjoy your crow? The offense will most certainly be top ten in the league.. there are less then 10 teams with equal weapons and few to none with more. Bank on it!

NEWS FLASH - The Redskins offense last season was a top 10 offense (#9) - I think we can be better than that [-X

predicting that we're going to be a top 5 offense AT THIS TIME is just wishful thinking IMO

my concern is only that the O line was not very good despite the ranking and we'll need time to get that fixed

I'm most likely a bigger fan of the Redskins than you :twisted:
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:33 pm

SkinsJock wrote:

NEWS FLASH - The Redskins offense last season was a top 10 offense (#9) - I think we can be better than that [-X

predicting that we're going to be a top 5 offense AT THIS TIME is just wishful thinking IMO

my concern is only that the O line was not very good despite the ranking and we'll need time to get that fixed

Let me try to keep this forum appropriate since apparently you want to act like a female dog and talk smack today...
You make a snide remark directed at those that predict top ten or better... then you realize we already are a top ten O with only Garcon at wr... with a healthy rgiii and our additions you really don't think we can climb 4 spots?? Then you have the balls (or lack there of) to question MY fandom?!
We've all made some silly posts- some more than others :ahem:, but seriously you've out done yourself man. We can take the gloves off in smack if you like cuz I'm not gonna get into it in here.
Ftr there isn't a level of Redskin fan bigger nor higher then myself and my cowpuke hating family- get real.
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Postby RwordNerds » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:29 pm

SkinsJock wrote:NEWS FLASH - The Redskins offense last season was a top 10 offense (#9) - I think we can be better than that [-X

Let me try to keep this forum appropriate since apparently you want to act like a female dog and talk smack today...
You make a snide remark directed at those that predict top ten or better... then you realize we already are a top ten O with only Garcon at wr... with a healthy rgiii and our additions you really don't think we can climb 4 spots?? Then you have the balls (or lack there of) to question MY fandom?!
We've all made some silly posts- some more than others :ahem:, but seriously you've out done yourself man. We can take the gloves off in smack if you like cuz I'm not gonna get into it in here.
Ftr there isn't a level of Redskin fan bigger nor higher then myself and my cowpuke hating family- get real.

Hold on a sec, SkidsJerk has a point. You guys do suck, your o-line is atrocious, and your breath is bad. So I say your O may be about top 30, top 20 in you breathe on them.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:01 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote: Let me try to keep this forum appropriate since apparently you want to act like a female dog and talk smack today...

ROTFALMAO - thanks for letting me know how sensitive you are - you're not worth having a discussion with ...

btw - don't you just love that Friends and Foes list ... :lol:

HAIL

Currently 50-41

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:52 pm

Block away SJ.
I could care less. I have one name on there and its because oldskewl is redundant and is just looking for people to go back and forth with.
I've agreed with a lot of your input/posts, laughed at the ridiculousness of others, and disagreed with some too...
Its a cute cop out to play the "sensitive" card after typing a gutless "insult" questioning my support of the team. I'm sure your wife (or what ever) would agree with mine in that we spend waaaay to much time on our Skins, here and elsewhere.
Maybe it was "sensitive" to reply to your boyish school yard insult... with the addition of our new egirl troll I may be a tad defensive and quick to arms- or maybe I always am.

I live and breath Redskins nation, bleed burgundy and gold, and try to contribute as much as I can here w my brothers... and yes I'm optimistic- overly at times. I call it Hope/ Faith.
Its whatever honestly.. I'd support a like and dislike button for posts.. But those rep counters can be a little high schools imo

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:19 am

as I've said - I'm looking forward to seeing the team play under Jay Gruden

I am still concerned that it will take time for RG3 to become the type of QB that Jay wants him to be and for the O line to find better players at RG, C, LG and RT - it looks like Kory might be a decent center but it's going to take a while for these guys to develop into a good O line

predicting we're going to be a top 5 offense is just a stretch for me, but we shall see :)

here's an update from TC ... http://espn.go.com/blog/washington-reds ... we-learned

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football