Kirk Cousins trade - realISTIC possibility?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
---

Re: Kirk Cousins trade - real possibility?

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:57 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:Heard on 980 yesterday evening that the Browns said they ARE NOT interested in Capt. Kirk..
Next

Like they would come out and say that they were...

I don't know the likelihood of this trade happening but like Adam Shefter said, it's in the Browns best interest to do their due diligence and at the very least look into the possibility.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:01 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:Heard on 980 yesterday evening that the Browns said they ARE NOT interested in Capt. Kirk..
Next

Like they would come out and say that they were...

I don't know the likelihood of this trade happening but like Adam Shefter said, it's in the Browns best interest to do their due diligence and at the very least look into the possibility.

I thought about that too CLL but they are dumb as hell to come out and say they're not interested if they really are because what if the Skins trade him to another team yuh know?
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:39 am

Yeah who knows what all of the posturing is about. Here is PFT's comment on it:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... k-cousins/

The most likely scenario for the Browns is that they’ll be starting a rookie first-round draft pick like Johnny Manziel, Blake Bortles or Teddy Bridgewater in 2014, and that Brian Hoyer will be that rookie’s backup. It’s nice that Cousins knows Shanahan’s offense, but the Browns aren’t likely to hand over the future of the franchise to a quarterback who has a passer rating of 68.6 in Shanahan’s offense.

Maybe its true, and they have no interest in Cousins. There are PLENTY of reasons though to deny interest. This is stuff you say before you negotiate: we're not giving up a first rounder for Cousins because he has a bad passer rating and we already have Brian Hoyer. You also deny it so you don't burn any bridges with Hoyer if something doesn't happen.

I'll be curious to see what they do. My gut tells me that they would try to draft the QB with their first rounder. I just don't know that any of those QBs coming out this year are sure thing, day one starters. What do you think?

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:58 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:I thought about that too CLL but they are dumb as hell to come out and say they're not interested if they really are because what if the Skins trade him to another team yuh know?

That's if you believe everything that comes from the PR side of the house... Do you really believe that the PR side speaks for the GM and coaches? I'd have my PR firm lie to you all day long. Just as mentioned above, you say the right things in public as to not step on toes and offend anyone. Behind closed doors, they could be evaluating the possibility of acquiring Kirk. Or maybe they aren't.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:18 pm

From what we learned from papa shanny... don't buy into the pressers to much
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby OldSchool » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:31 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:It's totally valid to feel many different ways about RGIII but to label him a bust just removes all credibility from your post.

It's time to trade Kirk. His contract will be up before we know it, ship him off and get a 2nd for him if possible. We need depth, we need starters. Use a 6th to pick up a kid to develop.

I agree with trading Cousins for a player the Skins will use or a draft pick. Get a receiver or OL that will help Griffin be more effective. Barring an ownership change the Skins are committed to Griffin for a couple of more years so rather than sitting on Cousins until they lose him trade him and resign Grossman as a backup.

Hog

Postby OldSchool » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:22 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:It's totally valid to feel many different ways about RGIII but to label him a bust just removes all credibility from your post.

It's time to trade Kirk. His contract will be up before we know it, ship him off and get a 2nd for him if possible. We need depth, we need starters. Use a 6th to pick up a kid to develop.

Three first round picks and second for a prima doña who can run like a deer when healthy and throw a ball 80 yards but does not know even the most basic mental parts of quarterbacking sounds like a can't miss Bust Hall of Shame Candidate to me. When 1 high first round pick is used for player that never really makes it in the league he is consider a bust. Remember Heath Schuler? The Skins only wasted 1 first round on him. Griffin cost the Skins more than 3 times as much and he is just a project. ROY by running around backyard style before getting hurt doesn't impress me. His character is even worse than his play, he's a bust.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:58 pm

There's a concept that applies primarily to children below the age of 5, called "magical thinking"... all they need to make something true is to think it... a lot... you know... put on the ruby slippers... click your heels together... "there's no place like home"... repeat...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:45 pm

Countertrey wrote:There's a concept that applies primarily to children below the age of 5, called "magical thinking"... all they need to make something true is to think it... a lot... you know... put on the ruby slippers... click your heels together... "there's no place like home"... repeat...

I've heard of that.

This link from Griff's 1st NFL game shows his many deficiencies:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVb5tyyrMbE

:19 to :24 shows his inability to slide properly.

:30 to :40 shows his inability to hang in the pocket and deliver an accurate ball as someone is bearing down on him.

:50 shows how much his teammates hate him. No one helps him up.

1:10 to 1:20 shows his propensity to take off on a backyard run instead of looking downfield when confronted with the slightest breakdown in protection.

I'm sure 1:23 to 1:29 shows something terrible with regards to his mental abilites but I haven't figured it out yet. Maybe he failed to change a protection.

1:40 to 1:50 again shows his propensity to take off on a backyard run instead of looking downfield when confronted with the slightest breakdown in protection.

2:05 to 2:10 shows a complete lack of understanding of what an aggressive defense might be up to.

2:27 shows another horrible decision which is exacerbated by lack of accuracy.

2:40 to 2:47 again shows his inability to hang in the pocket and deliver an accurate ball as someone is bearing down on him.

2:50 to 2:55 must again show something terrible with regards to his mental abilites but I haven't figured it out yet. Maybe he failed to change a protection again.

This guy never could play at this level and never will. He lacks intelligence and commitment. He's simply a quarter horse crossed with Randy Johnson. He's a centaur not a griffin.

Trade him now and promote the Captain.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:01 pm

DarthMonk wrote:
Countertrey wrote:There's a concept that applies primarily to children below the age of 5, called "magical thinking"... all they need to make something true is to think it... a lot... you know... put on the ruby slippers... click your heels together... "there's no place like home"... repeat...

I've heard of that.

:30 to :40 shows his inability to hang in the pocket and deliver an accurate ball as someone is bearing down on him.

1:10 to 1:20 shows his propensity to take off on a backyard run instead of looking downfield when confronted with the slightest breakdown in protection.

I'm sure 1:23 to 1:29 shows something terrible with regards to his mental abilites but I haven't figured it out yet. Maybe he failed to change a protection.

1:40 to 1:50 again shows his propensity to take off on a backyard run instead of looking downfield when confronted with the slightest breakdown in protection.

2:05 to 2:10 shows a complete lack of understanding of what an aggressive defense might be up to.

2:40 to 2:47 again shows his inability to hang in the pocket and deliver an accurate ball as someone is bearing down on him.

2:50 to 2:55 must again show something terrible with regards to his mental abilites but I haven't figured it out yet. Maybe he failed to change a protection again.

This guy never could play at this level and never will. He lacks intelligence and commitment. He's simply a quarter horse crossed with Randy Johnson. He's a centaur not a griffin.

Trade him now and promote the Captain

Careful, some may not know you are kidding even though it is obvious.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:11 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:Careful, some may not know you are kidding even though it is obvious.

lol. I didn't remember DarthMonk being an RGIII hater. Had to actually watch some of the video!

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:25 pm

=D>
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:31 pm

DarthMonk wrote:

I've heard of that.

Trade him now and promote the Captain.

And his character is crappy, too. Don't forget he is a prima donna as well.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby OldSchool » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:59 pm

Believe what you wish about Griffin I've done my best to educate you but you'd rather to cling to your dream, I don't care I understand to a man you guys really emotionally invested in Griffin. That said, a deal with Cleveland may really in the works and I think it would make sense the new regimes in both cities to do it now and show progress and build momentum. Checkout this story with Kyle quotes:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc- ... -redskins/

Kyle makes it clear that he thinks Cousins has the skills to become a starter but hasn't had the opportunity. Maybe the Browns send the Skins a second or third round pick for Cousins and everyone wins. Everyone, the Skins can use it for a receiver or blocker to help Griffin, Griffin gets rid of Cousins, Cousins finally gets his chance to start with an OC who believes in him, Kyle gets a QB who knows his system well and executes it quickly and may really light it up with the Cleveland receivers, and this trade validates one of the controversial choices he and his dad made while at the Skins. The new Skins coach may also appreciate eliminating a potential QB controversy that could erupt if Griffin doesn't rebound strong this year. It would simplify his environment since he's mandated to turn a sows purse into a silk with Griffin, he has a reason to have a non controversial backup too. Finally think of yourselves, if Griffin is useless again in 2014 and Cousins is riding the pine I will be venting in here non stop, so you win too, there are really lots of winners in this trade scenario.

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:19 pm

Believe the facts about Griffin's character and work ethic. You know, facts, those things that can be verified and corroborated rather than imagiwished out of thin air.

http://realredskins.com/2014/02/06/rg3- ... ing-camps/

A few weeks ago, I was in the Redskins broadcast studio when Robert Griffin III walked i[n]. Among the things he told me and Larry Michael was that one of his first orders of business would be to set up a passing camp with he and his receivers getting out of town for a few days of work and bonding.

Pierre Garçon talked to Michael on radio row at the Super Bowl last week and he said that Griffin already has the passing camp organized. Although he didn’t specify any dates, Garçon made it sound like planning for multiple is in the advanced stages.

“We’ve already got that date set up. We’ve already got a place,” said Garçon. “We’re going to go to Arizona, work out there. We’ll probably do some more in Ashburn. Probably go to Baylor a little bit. We’re definitely going to be around. Probably go to Miami. I’m trying to talk him into going to Miami. South Florida is home. I don’t mind going to Arizona, going to Baylor, going to different places. I enjoy traveling.”

In 2012, Griffin’s rookie year, he and some receivers met up in Waco, Texas, where Baylor is located, between the end of minicamp and the start of training camp. Last year, there were no sessions as Griffin was working to rehab his injured right knee.

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football