Kirk Cousins trade - realISTIC possibility?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog
User avatar
Posts: 5154
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Re: Kirk Cousins trade - real possibility?

Postby riggofan » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:02 pm

Deadskins wrote:I've never heard "bust" at all, and the only uncertainty was as to when he would be returning to his rookie form. There wasn't even doubt that that would eventually happen, only doubt as to when.


I must be misreading you. You're saying NOBODY doubts RGIII will be back to form next next???

I think there are plenty of doubters out there, or at least a lot of "let's wait and see" people when it comes to RGIII. I heard Mike Golic yesterday during his interview with Clayton say he would hold on to Cousins, because you still don't know for sure if RGIII is going to get back to where he was.

Totally agree with you about the "bust" part. I haven't seen or heard anybody respectable say anything like that.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax

cleg
Posts: 2642
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:58 am
Location: Deep in the Heart of Giants Territory

Re: Kirk Cousins trade - real possibility?

Postby cleg » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:27 pm

I have not heard anyone say he is a bust except fans. He is not talked about as much anymore with the young QBs - which is probably a good thing. I look at Cam Newton and how awful he looked his second year, poor play, poor media experiences and that towel over his head thing. I don't think Robert had as bad a second year as Cam but it was bad.

I say trade Cousins and resign Rex. Rex has no value to anyone but us but, if you are being honest, you know he can come in for a game or two and be fine. Robert has to mature and become a true leader. I think his skills will improve. Russell Wilson has a ring but do any of you really think he is better than Robert? I don't - I think he is on a very good team with an incredible defense. I don't think that punk Kaepernick is better either. The only other young QB I would trade Robert for is Luck - that's it.
Drinking the Kool-Aid again...

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 5154
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm
Location: Montclair, Virginia

Re: Kirk Cousins trade - real possibility?

Postby riggofan » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:20 pm

cleg wrote:I say trade Cousins and resign Rex. Rex has no value to anyone but us but, if you are being honest, you know he can come in for a game or two and be fine.


Yep, I totally agree about keeping Rex as the backup if a KC trade happened. By all accounts, RGIII is comfortable with him and he has filled the mentor role. Plus, there will never be a QB controversy with Rex as the #2.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax

CKRGiii
Posts: 4876
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Re: Kirk Cousins trade - real possibility?

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:38 pm

ROY honors automatically subtract the word BUST from the equation people.

Does anyone think he wouldn't have been successful in Russel Wilson's role?
Give me a break.. this TEAM needs help all around, including the line, the D, wr- all the supporting roles a qb needs strong- as well as Robert. If we see no improvement from him AFTER season 3 then we can talk... Fact is the whole team regressed not just the qb position.
I predict he will change some oldskewl point of views, and silence the haters.

Trade cousins while you can.. his stock hasn't improved and anything in the 2nd round or better is a great roi. RG3 is our guy, with the proper support he will meet or exceed expectations- he works to hard not to!
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

the 'mudge
Posts: 14834
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Re: Kirk Cousins trade - real possibility?

Postby Countertrey » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:56 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:ROY honors automatically subtract the word BUST from the equation people.

Does anyone think he wouldn't have been successful in Russel Wilson's role?
Give me a break.. this TEAM needs help all around, including the line, the D, wr- all the supporting roles a qb needs strong- as well as Robert. If we see no improvement from him AFTER season 3 then we can talk... Fact is the whole team regressed not just the qb position.
I predict he will change some oldskewl point of views, and silence the haters.

Trade cousins while you can.. his stock hasn't improved and anything in the 2nd round or better is a great roi. RG3 is our guy, with the proper support he will meet or exceed expectations- he works to hard not to!
Not quite... His value is not going to go down... He will be just as trade-able in August... maybe moreso, as the possibility of a team being desperate grows as preseason may take out a starter...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

CKRGiii
Posts: 4876
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Re: Kirk Cousins trade - real possibility?

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:49 pm

Countertrey wrote:
cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:ROY honors automatically subtract the word BUST from the equation people.

Does anyone think he wouldn't have been successful in Russel Wilson's role?
Give me a break.. this TEAM needs help all around, including the line, the D, wr- all the supporting roles a qb needs strong- as well as Robert. If we see no improvement from him AFTER season 3 then we can talk... Fact is the whole team regressed not just the qb position.
I predict he will change some oldskewl point of views, and silence the haters.

Trade cousins while you can.. his stock hasn't improved and anything in the 2nd round or better is a great roi. RG3 is our guy, with the proper support he will meet or exceed expectations- he works to hard not to!
Not quite... His value is not going to go down... He will be just as trade-able in August... maybe moreso, as the possibility of a team being desperate grows as preseason may take out a starter...


Precisely.
I'm just saying it wasn't like the year before where he was the top rated back up qb.. We saw a qb that has IT but also faces the same struggles as any young qb. All his picks weren't horrible but he didn't improve his stock this year. If rgiii plays lights out and Kirk doesn't see the field next year we run the risk of getting nothing for him as he hits free agency.
If there is a demand and the price is right, we need to seize the moment and get our return on the investment. At this point we have a starter and Kirk might be able to afford us another one for an area of need. Sign the dotted line!
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog
Posts: 2492
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:05 pm
Location: Midland, VA

Re: Kirk Cousins trade - real possibility?

Postby Kilmer72 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:27 pm

If we can get a 2nd or better for Cousins then take it. Problem is Jay sounds like he is going to run Robert some more. If something happens to him then we need another QB on the bench that can go. I wouldn't mind seeing Cousins going just so I don't have to hear anymore about the back up QB, it will hurt us if anything happens to Robert. Cousins really didn't have a prayer just like Robert. We don't know how many if any changes will take place on the oline this year. Sounds like they want to run the zone blocking with Lichtensteiger at center maybe, a lighter center than we already have. I'm not too sure how safe any QB is going to be under these circumstances but time will tell. If we can't get a 2nd or better keep him.

Hog
Online
User avatar
Posts: 313
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:43 pm

Re: Kirk Cousins trade - real possibility?

Postby OldSchool » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:20 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:ROY honors automatically subtract the word BUST from the equation people.

Does anyone think he wouldn't have been successful in Russel Wilson's role?
Give me a break.. this TEAM needs help all around, including the line, the D, wr- all the supporting roles a qb needs strong- as well as Robert. If we see no improvement from him AFTER season 3 then we can talk... Fact is the whole team regressed not just the qb position.
I predict he will change some oldskewl point of views, and silence the haters.

Trade cousins while you can.. his stock hasn't improved and anything in the 2nd round or better is a great roi. RG3 is our guy, with the proper support he will meet or exceed expectations- he works to hard not to!



I don't think ROY stops Griffin from being a bust at all. He ran around playing backyard ball until it caught up to him and he got hurt, big deal. If team spends 3 first round and 1 second round pick for a guy he really has to be great not to be a bust. Griffin QB skills are very limited and he's a divisive prima dona so far.

Russell Wilson can read defenses and understands the the mental part of the game in addition being mobile. I think Wilson dwarfs Griffin and I don't have any reason believe Griffin would have performed in better with the Seahawks because he wouldn't have been more motivated to learn the mental part of the game. Griffin is Griffin.

CKRGiii
Posts: 4876
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Re: Kirk Cousins trade - real possibility?

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:13 pm

OldSchool wrote:
cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:ROY honors automatically subtract the word BUST from the equation people.

Does anyone think he wouldn't have been successful in Russel Wilson's role?
Give me a break.. this TEAM needs help all around, including the line, the D, wr- all the supporting roles a qb needs strong- as well as Robert. If we see no improvement from him AFTER season 3 then we can talk... Fact is the whole team regressed not just the qb position.
I predict he will change some oldskewl point of views, and silence the haters.

Trade cousins while you can.. his stock hasn't improved and anything in the 2nd round or better is a great roi. RG3 is our guy, with the proper support he will meet or exceed expectations- he works to hard not to!



I don't think ROY stops Griffin from being a bust at all. He ran around playing backyard ball until it caught up to him and he got hurt, big deal. If team spends 3 first round and 1 second round pick for a guy he really has to be great not to be a bust. Griffin QB skills are very limited and he's a divisive prima dona so far.

Russell Wilson can read defenses and understands the the mental part of the game in addition being mobile. I think Wilson dwarfs Griffin and I don't have any reason believe Griffin would have performed in better with the Seahawks because he wouldn't have been more motivated to learn the mental part of the game. Griffin is Griffin.


I don't know what's more moronic... thinking I want to hear the same "backyard" b.s. excuse over and over, or thinking that because you post it for the hundredth time it will magically be true?
Wilson has the supporting cast... he doesn't do half of what rgiii has done and has to do to win. Wilson has a better TEAM, meaning its not all on him every game. He can be selective with his throws because he can win with 120 yards passing. His D scores nearly as much as him, if not more. His throws are wide open most the time... and look at his weapons man, seriously!

Backyard ball? Watch the skins vs saints game his rookie debut then watch any Seahawks game (vs the rams where they barely beat a back up qb comes to mind) and tell me who is playing back yard ball. Russel does more of the things you criticize and less of the things you accuse rgiii of. Don't get t twisted man, rgiii would k ill it in Seattle, just as much as Wilson would have struggled here.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

CKRGiii
Posts: 4876
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Re: Kirk Cousins trade - real possibility?

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:20 pm

Some one please point me to the block button..? I can't help but respond to trolls who have an agenda to put down our qb post after post, with no substance and blatant lies. It's a burden I'd rather be done with but when I'm quoted I feel obligated to set the troll free. This one is most likely a Romo fan so he is lost to the darkside...
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog
Online
User avatar
Posts: 313
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:43 pm

Re: Kirk Cousins trade - real possibility?

Postby OldSchool » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:06 am

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:
OldSchool wrote:
cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:ROY honors automatically subtract the word BUST from the equation people.

Does anyone think he wouldn't have been successful in Russel Wilson's role?
Give me a break.. this TEAM needs help all around, including the line, the D, wr- all the supporting roles a qb needs strong- as well as Robert. If we see no improvement from him AFTER season 3 then we can talk... Fact is the whole team regressed not just the qb position.
I predict he will change some oldskewl point of views, and silence the haters.

Trade cousins while you can.. his stock hasn't improved and anything in the 2nd round or better is a great roi. RG3 is our guy, with the proper support he will meet or exceed expectations- he works to hard not to!



I don't think ROY stops Griffin from being a bust at all. He ran around playing backyard ball until it caught up to him and he got hurt, big deal. If team spends 3 first round and 1 second round pick for a guy he really has to be great not to be a bust. Griffin QB skills are very limited and he's a divisive prima dona so far.

Russell Wilson can read defenses and understands the the mental part of the game in addition being mobile. I think Wilson dwarfs Griffin and I don't have any reason believe Griffin would have performed in better with the Seahawks because he wouldn't have been more motivated to learn the mental part of the game. Griffin is Griffin.


I don't know what's more moronic... thinking I want to hear the same "backyard" b.s. excuse over and over, or thinking that because you post it for the hundredth time it will magically be true?
Wilson has the supporting cast... he doesn't do half of what rgiii has done and has to do to win. Wilson has a better TEAM, meaning its not all on him every game. He can be selective with his throws because he can win with 120 yards passing. His D scores nearly as much as him, if not more. His throws are wide open most the time... and look at his weapons man, seriously!

Backyard ball? Watch the skins vs saints game his rookie debut then watch any Seahawks game (vs the rams where they barely beat a back up qb comes to mind) and tell me who is playing back yard ball. Russel does more of the things you criticize and less of the things you accuse rgiii of. Don't get t twisted man, rgiii would k ill it in Seattle, just as much as Wilson would have struggled here.


What you say about Wilson is true he does play on a better team. What I say about Wilson is also true, that unlike Griffin Wilson knows how to read defenses, adjust protections, audible out of bad plays, read post snap defenses, work through his progressions, shift within his pocket and judiciously scramble to extend plays without taken hits. Wilson is a real quarterback not grossly over committed project like Griffin. It doesn't matter one iota if Griffin can run like a deer and throw lightening bolts when really healthy if he can't learn or hasn't learned the fundamental part of the QB job than he's just playing backyard.

Oh, one other thing the reason you find my posts so irritating is a part of you really fears I am right and the thought Griffin is a bust is very disturbing to you.

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 16277
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Re: Kirk Cousins trade - real possibility?

Postby Deadskins » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:43 am

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Some one please point me to the block button..?

Click on the username of the person who's posts you wish to ignore, then click "Add foe."
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

CKRGiii
Posts: 4876
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Re: Kirk Cousins trade - real possibility?

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:48 am

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:
OldSchool wrote:
cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:ROY honors automatically subtract the word BUST from the equation people.

Does anyone think he wouldn't have been successful in Russel Wilson's role?
Give me a break.. this TEAM needs help all around, including the line, the D, wr- all the supporting roles a qb needs strong- as well as Robert. If we see no improvement from him AFTER season 3 then we can talk... Fact is the whole team regressed not just the qb position.
I predict he will change some oldskewl point of views, and silence the haters.

Trade cousins while you can.. his stock hasn't improved and anything in the 2nd round or better is a great roi. RG3 is our guy, with the proper support he will meet or exceed expectations- he works to hard not ote]

I don't know what's more moronic... thinking I want to hear the same "backyard" b.s. excuse over and over, or thinking that because you post it for the hundredth time it will magically be true?
Wilson has the supporting cast... he doesn't do half of what rgiii has done and has to do to win. Wilson has a better TEAM, meaning its not all on him every game. He can be selective with his throws because he can win with 120 yards passing. His D scores nearly as much as him, if not more. His throws are wide open most the time... and look at his weapons man, seriously!

Backyard ball? Watch the skins vs saints game his rookie debut then watch any Seahawks game (vs the rams where they barely beat a back up qb comes to mind) and tell me who is playing back yard ball. Russel does more of the things you criticize and less of the things you accuse rgiii of. Don't get t twisted man, rgiii would k ill it in Seattle, just as much as Wilson would have struggled here.


What you say about Wilson is true he does play on a better team. What I say about Wilson is also true, that unlike Griffin Wilson knows how to read defenses, adjust protections, audible out of bad plays, read post snap defenses, work through his progressions, shift within his pocket and judiciously scramble to extend plays without taken hits. Wilson is a real quarterback not grossly over committed project like Griffin. It doesn't matter one iota if Griffin can run like a deer and throw lightening bolts when really healthy if he can't learn or hasn't learned the fundamental part of the QB job than he's just playing backyard.

Oh, one other thing the reason you find my posts so irritating is a part of you really fears I am right and the thought Griffin is a bust is very disturbing to you.

No. The reason I'm adding you to the foe list is because your posts are like arguing with puke fan. You don't present facts, you pass off opinion as if they are with no supporting evidence. To make matters worse you always resort to the same blanket statement that is complete ludicrous. Fyi if Griffin was playing "backyard ball" he wouldn't be in the nfl jack. Period.
I've presented facts backed with stats, game tape, and accurate analysis that you for some reason refuse to acknowledge. That is whats irritating.
It is your choice to continue to scrutinize our first hope of a franchise qb in decades. You can choose to see the glass half empty and blame all our woes on a second year player returning from a major surgery. You can choose to chalk his record setting rookie year as a fluke, and blame his freak injury on his style of play. You can paint any picture of Wilson you like and choose to not see RGiii making progress reading defenses, barking presnap orders, going through his progressions, and playing safer/smarter.
I choose to not give a Damn what you post, since RGIII is who we got. I have pride in my team and have followed this man since before he was winning the hiesman. I have hope. Call it blind faith, its all I got man. I hope he proves you wrong.... but I won't be the one telling you I told you so. Cheer up man, he's the real deal... you'll see.
HTTR
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

---
User avatar
Posts: 18573
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: AJT

Re: Kirk Cousins trade - real possibility?

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:56 am

It's totally valid to feel many different ways about RGIII but to label him a bust just removes all credibility from your post.

It's time to trade Kirk. His contract will be up before we know it, ship him off and get a 2nd for him if possible. We need depth, we need starters. Use a 6th to pick up a kid to develop.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

**LPJ**
Posts: 6385
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:12 am
Location: Langley Park, MD *Tick Tock*

Re: Kirk Cousins trade - real possibility?

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:02 am

Heard on 980 yesterday evening that the Browns said they ARE NOT interested in Capt. Kirk..
Next
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football