Santana Moss

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
swine

Re: Santana Moss

Postby RG3peat » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:05 pm

HEROHAMO wrote:I think our receivers are sufficient. We need to shore up the Oline and it will make our receivers look a whole lot better as well as RG3. Santana has given us a lot of good years. But he is in the twilight of his career.

no way...It was Garcon or NOTHING......Reed at TE but hes a concussion away from missing significant time AGAIN......Decker or James Jones

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:20 pm

Countertrey wrote:... so, saving the team from cap hell doesn't count... but for the treachery of Mara and his whore, free agency (and the draft) would have looked very different... Imagine the condition of this team if it were Ceratto making the calls the last 3 years...

It's not that it doesn't count, but to me, to say they "left the franchise in pretty darned good shape" it would be they cleaned out the cap (which they did) and they hit on a good number of their draft choices (which they clearly did not). After all, it's not like we have a huge amount of home grown young talent we can build upon right now. A player here and there, yes, but nothing more.

Hog

Postby gushogs » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:52 am

Maybe I got over my head with my Santana statement saying he has A LOT left to give us, but I do think he can give us an extra productive season, at the right price, and retire a Skin. As the Shannys destroyed the team statement, well, if playing RGIII injured, for whom we gave up 2 first round picks, is not enough, then I must be crazy. Besides playing Kirk the last 3 games, without and OL and a poor game plan, so his value came down and Shanny Jr. could make a move on him in his next gig! The morale of the team was at the lowest point in my 30+ yrs as a fan, making the lingerie league girls look like Mean Joe Greene next to us. The only thing they didn't do was ask for the name to change and that may come soon enough...
HaiL,
Enough of this name change sh*t!!!
Get politicians out of office. Then they'll forget about the REDSKINS, because they'll be WORKING!!!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:02 am

gushogs wrote:making the lingerie league girls look like Mean Joe Greene next to us.

aren't those ladies brutal though? putting the 'man' factor aside, i can really watch them play cuz they really do hit hard. lol. and they talk way more trash than the nfl players do.
ok, that's all. :mrgreen:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

piggie

Postby oj » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:41 pm

I am a huge Moss fan. If the coach feels we need a possession type receiver doing short routes then he's the right guy - he will go after the ball in a most aggresive way and gets positive yards after the catch. The coach is looking for speed, a real homerun hitter and Santana probably won't get invited back.
Molon Labe

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:17 pm

Post Insider wrote about this today.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/foo ... tana-moss/

I thought this was an interesting nugget:
Part of Moss’s decrease can be traced to the emergence of tight end Jordan Reed, whom Kyle Shanahan often lined up in the slot. Moss never made excuses, but he did acknowledge that at times it was harder to develop a rhythm and feel for the flow of the game while operating on a smaller allotment of snaps. Age may have played a factor as well. But Moss still seems to have good quickness, and he didn’t have problems getting open regularly.

Hog

Postby fredp45 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:42 pm

I'd like to re-sign Santana.

I think he's still effective and always a great teammate. I don't think he'll cost a lot which would allow us to use our cap space on lineman, cb's, lb's and safeties.

Maybe we do sign one veteran WR on the cheap to replace Morgan but wait until next year to upgrade our WRs.

Hog

Postby mastdark81 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:25 am

Santana Moss has always been one of my favorite on the team and I appreciated him our last playoff run. But he is DONE! He lacks slot speed and drop passes every game. This should be an easy upgrade to get via free agency and it boggles my mind why they are even in negotiating terms with him. Let him go and get a HUNGRIER player. One of the reasons he had kept somewhat a decent game the last 3 years cause Shanny was gon cut him if he didnt get in better shape.

One of my alltime fav Redskins but we not winnin with Moss...that ride is over! Exactly why I hated the Morocoo Brown and Company retention. We need some fresh eyes to evaluate our personnel amd not the same ole loyal people that picked these guys in the first place.

Josh Morgan is done too!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football