If are going to win the super bowl with Griffin

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
swine

Re: If are going to win the super bowl with Griffin

Postby cowboyhater4life » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:05 pm

Bad Special teams!!
R.I.P. Taylor!

||||||

Postby EA7649 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:10 pm

Well if this mystery defense wins champions. We are screwed for the next few years. LOL.

I think having a good balance and an affective defense will get the job done if the offense is real good. Ex: I think the Broncos will win in a few weeks they are really only good against the run. And they are about average with everything else, but been stepping their game up lately.

Have to score some points in-order to win.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:33 am

EA7649 wrote:Well if this mystery defense wins champions. We are screwed for the next few years

I think having a good balance and an affective defense will get the job done if the offense is real good. I think the Broncos will win in a few weeks they are really only good against the run. And they are about average with everything else, but been stepping their game up lately.

:shock: what are you talking about? did you read & understand DM's post that shows that the defense was not as bad as many thought?

and - which game will the Broncos "win in a few weeks .."?
When you're dead you don't know you're dead, it's only difficult for others.
It's kind of the same as when you're stupid!

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:46 am

DarthMonk wrote:A few relevant tidbits:

The Redskins defense has allowed 409 points or 27.2 points per game against. Anybody with half a brain (I hope that includes YOU) should understand that a defensive unit should not be charged for the SEVEN return touchdowns that the offense and special teams have gift wrapped for the Redskins opponents. That's 49 points taken away from the commonly cited 458 that you can not charge the defense with. They weren't even on the field.

The Redskins defense under Jim Haslett also begins drives with the worst starting field position in the NFL. According to FootballOutsiders.com defensive drive stats, Washington's opponents start their possessions at the 31.98 yard line on average. That reality is almost laughable.

Perhaps the most damning stat that illustrates a defensive unit that has had their backs consistently against the wall, is that TEN of the 50 touchdowns the unit has allowed have been on drives of 30 yards or less. That's 20 % of all touchdown drives allowed. Don't know about you, but that is preposterous.

To further illustrate, six of those ten touchdowns have been scored on drives of 15 yards or less. Again, these are not excuses but the facts would suggest that the Redskins defense has been put in awful situations and while they have not been able to bail out the offense or special teams, they certainly are not as bad as many think.

Not sure where you pulled that quote from but all I can is HOLY F****** SH****!!!!. lol.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:50 am

SkinsJock wrote: :shock: what are you talking about? did you read & understand DM's post that shows that the defense was not as bad as many thought?

haha. Well I'm still not sure about that. They were still in the bottom half of the league in yardage allowed. They may not be as awful as the points allowed would show, but they were still bad.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:59 am

riggofan wrote:
SkinsJock wrote: :shock: what are you talking about? did you read & understand DM's post that shows that the defense was not as bad as many thought?

haha. Well I'm still not sure about that. They were still in the bottom half of the league in yardage allowed.
They may not be as awful as the points allowed would show, but they were still bad.

no question about that but ... like a lot of things around here just blown out of proportion 'to suit the anti agenda' IMO :lol:

I really think that we'll be better if only in that more coaches will have input in what happens during the practices and in the games than we had here last season

I'm not expecting major miracles but we will see a better product on the field ... because that will not require much effort at all :(
When you're dead you don't know you're dead, it's only difficult for others.
It's kind of the same as when you're stupid!

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

Hog

Postby OldSchool » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:26 am

If a lockdown CB is a available the Skins should use their 2nd round pick on him.

||||||

Postby EA7649 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:51 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
EA7649 wrote:Well if this mystery defense wins champions. We are screwed for the next few years

I think having a good balance and an affective defense will get the job done if the offense is real good. I think the Broncos will win in a few weeks they are really only good against the run. And they are about average with everything else, but been stepping their game up lately.

:shock: what are you talking about? did you read & understand DM's post that shows that the defense was not as bad as many thought?

and - which game will the Broncos "win in a few weeks .."?

I was giving my opinion on the defense. The pass defense needs work. I'm predicting the Broncos to win the Superbowl.

And I researched ESPNS defensive team stats. The redskins were only really good in run defense. They had similar/worse defensive stats compared to the Broncos. They have an over powering offense and an "okay" defense. They are in the Super Bowl, so have a good offense bc whoever has the most points wins the game. And having a defense that can make some stops is important.

And to OldSchool. I think the 2nd pick will be on a position that isn't handled as much during free-agency

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:49 pm

OldSchool wrote:If a lockdown CB is a available the Skins should use their 2nd round pick on him.

CBSSPORTS.COM ALL-AMERICANS: FIRST-TEAM DEFENSE AS NFL DRAFT PROSPECTS: CB - Darqueze Dennard, Sr., Michigan State: Possessing a lanky, athletic frame with good fluidity and speed, Dennard consistently shut down one side of the field for the Spartans in 2013, playing a critical role for MSU's No. 1 ranked defense. Honored with the Thorpe Award as the nation's top defensive back, Dennard allowed only three completions in 31 pass attempts of 15-plus yards thrown against him this season. Dennard may be competing only with UCLA's Barr to be the first defender on this list to hear his name called on Day One of the draft. - Rob Rang, NFLDraftScout.com
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby funsho2 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:34 pm

A good defense is all we need...all these putting pressure on griffin is too overrated...

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football