Robert Griffin Next Year

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Re: Robert Griffin Next Year

Postby hanburgerheel » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:58 pm

According to this: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000376536/article/kirk-cousins-outplaying-redskins-qb-robert-griffin-iii- Griffin is lackluster and already in the shadow of Cousins.

I still say that RG3 will be an NFL memory very soon.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:46 am

Dod you even READ that article?! The last paragraph?

Cousins looks good vs bums and backups? Id hope so..
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

piggie

Postby oj » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:18 am

I don't think we'll see another season of RGIII 'learning' the system or 'developing' his technique. He has it or he dosn't, there is intense pressure on him right now and we'll know soon enough if he'll make it. I really believe he has the talent, but he looks lost and the sideline shots of him following the offense gave me pause. He should exhude confidance, knowing that if Cousins messed things up that he could set things right at a moments notice. You know, the look that Tom Brady had while watching his guy.
He should have been allowed to play the 1st quarter and then some, to have an oppertunity to both screw up and then connect. To get that feeling of accomplishment, the coaches didn't give him that chance.
Molon Labe

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:28 am

oj wrote:He should have been allowed to play the 1st quarter and then some, to have an oppertunity to both screw up and then connect. To get that feeling of accomplishment, the coaches didn't give him that chance.

Not in the first pre-season game. He'll play more in #2 and #3. BTW, I didn't get the same feel as you at all from watching him play or standing on the sidelines.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:24 pm

Had the ROOKIE got his feet down before catching himself w his hand OB, Robert would have been 3/4 with a Td... and then what?

Sometimes I wonder if the haters even watched the same damn game smh
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:33 pm

I understand why some might have concerns about Robert ... I just think that this HC and OC are what he needs to help him become a really good NFL QB and I do believe that he has the desire and intelligence to do whatever it takes under their guidance

we shall see - I'm confident that he'll show that he's ready to move on from the gimmicky stuff the Shanahans thought was best for him

I'm sure we'll see him become a much more traditional NFL QB that has incredible speed and a great arm - he needs to take the next step and learn from these 2 guys ... especially how to quickly go through his progressions - this takes time

this kid is very diligent and he will be driven to make whatever adjustments are needed to be the best QB he can be
When you're dead you don't know you're dead, it's only difficult for others.
It's kind of the same as when you're stupid!

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

Hog

Postby Neo » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:49 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Dod you even READ that article?! The last paragraph?

Cousins looks good vs bums and backups? Id hope so..

LOL true, but remember his (Cousins) first pass that night? Luckily it wasn't an interception. He looked good for rest of the night, but even against the bums and backups he almost threw an interception right off.

I always liked Cousins, but he's regressed from what I've seen.

Like you said, at the end of the article it clears it up about who really is outplaying who. Probably the most pointless article written this year about us.

I like the scheme of our new offense. RG3 has more options and the plays seem to assure that at least one guy is going to be open. Lets not forget that he didn't have Garcon or DJax to throw to. Even with his few reps, he looked good. AR15 even looked good.

Cousins just throws too many interceptions. I don't want Romo 2.0 gun slinging for us.
"I'm trying to be as honest as I can; I don't normally do that." -Mike Shanahan

Hog

Postby Neo » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:53 pm

SkinsJock wrote:I understand why some might have concerns about Robert ... I just think that this HC and OC are what he needs to help him become a really good NFL QB and I do believe that he has the desire and intelligence to do whatever it takes under their guidance

we shall see - I'm confident that he'll show that he's ready to move on from the gimmicky stuff the Shanahans thought was best for him

I'm sure we'll see him become a much more traditional NFL QB that has incredible speed and a great arm - he needs to take the next step and learn from these 2 guys ... especially how to quickly go through his progressions - this takes time

this kid is very diligent and he will be driven to make whatever adjustments are needed to be the best QB he can be

Agreed.

I like what I saw last game. You can see him scanning his options. He did fine, but could stand to get a little faster about it, which he will...speed of work comes only through experience. He's getting plenty to practice reps this year.
"I'm trying to be as honest as I can; I don't normally do that." -Mike Shanahan

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:28 pm

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Had the ROOKIE got his feet down before catching himself w his hand

Aldrick Robinson is not a rookie.

Hail to the Redskins!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:01 pm

Deadskins wrote:
cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Had the ROOKIE got his feet down before catching himself w his hand

Aldrick Robinson is not a rookie.

I realized my mistake just now.. and of course its already too late. Good call and thanks for the correction. I thoufh it was Cody but he too isnt a rookie any how.

Fwiw had it been tana or Garçon it wouldve been six points sobthe sentiment is this same even tho Robinson made a good playbon the ball he made a rookie move not getting feet down before his hand touched out. It was a helluva pass from RG3 tho.

Im sure im not in the minority herw, but coach is going to keep his shiny new Lamborghini (the Offense) under raps until week one.. then we will see the thing breathe like its suppose too!! :twisted:

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:05 pm

hanburgerheel wrote:According to this: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000376536/article/kirk-cousins-outplaying-redskins-qb-robert-griffin-iii- Griffin is lackluster and already in the shadow of Cousins.

I hope you haven't placed any bets on that.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:45 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:
hanburgerheel wrote:According to this: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000376536/article/kirk-cousins-outplaying-redskins-qb-robert-griffin-iii- Griffin is lackluster and already in the shadow of Cousins.

I think his phone auto corrected "... NFL MVP very soon."
And I agree with that.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:21 am

cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:

I think his phone auto corrected "... NFL MVP very soon."
And I agree with that.

:lol: =D>

Hail to the Redskins!

Postby yupchagee » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:23 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:

I hope he has. It will serve him right!
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:34 pm

yupchagee wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:
hanburgerheel wrote:According to this: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000376536/article/kirk-cousins-outplaying-redskins-qb-robert-griffin-iii- Griffin is lackluster and already in the shadow of Cousins. I still say that RG3 will be an NFL memory very soon.

I hope he has...

me too - if I was him, I'd go bet whatever money I could get my hands on that RG3 is not going to be a good NFL QB :twisted:
When you're dead you don't know you're dead, it's only difficult for others.
It's kind of the same as when you're stupid!

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football