Robert Griffin Next Year

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Re: Robert Griffin Next Year

Postby riggofan » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:01 am

They doubted in High School
They doubted a turnaround at Baylor
They doubted a Heisman was possible
Keep doubting. It's nothing New.
Because at the end of the day, in the Griffin Household we read Philippians 4:12-13.
"12 I know how to get along with little and how to live when I have much. I have learned the secret of being happy at all times. If I am full of food and have all I need, I am happy. If I am hungry and need more, I am happy. 13 I can do all things because Christ gives me the strength."
All things. Through Him & For Him.

https://www.facebook.com/RG3/photos/a.6 ... =1&fref=nf
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax

Hog

Postby FLWSkin » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:01 pm

PulpExposure wrote:
cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Ya people be like oh Ya he had this terrible season.. and that stats be like Whaaaat the hell u talking about. We didn't win as much but HE played pretty Damn good for the most part.

So I do agree with you, but a many of his TDs came in garbage time at the end of a few games. We sort of forget how bad he and our offense was in the first few games when the games were competitive; his end stat line for those games looked okay, but those stats were very misleading...

For example, Eagles-Skins in week 1. In the end, RG3 had 329 yards, 2 TDs and 2 INTs. But the Eagles were up 26-7 at half (with that lone Skins TD being the Hall fumble return). By halftime, RG3 had thrown 2 INTs, the Skins also lost a fumble and gave up a safety, and AS A TEAM, had 34 yards on offense. 169 of RG3s yards came in the 4th quarter, with the Eagles nursing a 26 point lead.

So, totally misleading stats.

I'd rather just acknowlege it was a bad year, and look forward to this year and all the work he's putting in.

So you say it was garbage time, yet fail to note that the Skins were an onside kick recovery from winning that game. The Eagles D was done at the end. So you're telling me that "garbage time" is leading your team to a comeback that almost wins a game? I'm sorry, you are not judging his stats correctly if that is your take.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:39 pm

FLWSkin wrote:
PulpExposure wrote:
cowboykillerzRGiii wrote:Ya people be like oh Ya he had this terrible season.. and that stats be like Whaaaat the hell u talking about. We didn't win as much but HE played pretty Damn good for the most part.

So I do agree with you, but a many of his TDs came in garbage time at the end of a few games. We sort of forget how bad he and our offense was in the first few games when the games were competitive; his end stat line for those games looked okay, but those stats were very misleading...

For example, Eagles-Skins in week 1. In the end, RG3 had 329 yards, 2 TDs and 2 INTs. But the Eagles were up 26-7 at half (with that lone Skins TD being the Hall fumble return). By halftime, RG3 had thrown 2 INTs, the Skins also lost a fumble and gave up a safety, and AS A TEAM, had 34 yards on offense. 169 of RG3s yards came in the 4th quarter, with the Eagles nursing a 26 point lead.

So, totally misleading stats.

I'd rather just acknowlege it was a bad year, and look forward to this year and all the work he's putting in.

So you say it was garbage time, yet fail to note that the Skins were an onside kick recovery from winning that game. The Eagles D was done at the end. So you're telling me that "garbage time" is leading your team to a comeback that almost wins a game? I'm sorry, you are not judging his stats correctly if that is your take.

Yeah, no team just lets another come back like that, especially a division rival. The safety forced us to go for two (failed) later on, and we also missed a FG. The game could have been tied in the 4th quarter.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby FLWSkin » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:55 pm

Thanks for noticing....I've been wondering if my directTV feed was showing different games last year from the ones I hear people talk about. Ya know, like RG having the worst season ever as a QB even though he was middle of the pack coming off a major injury and no preseason....

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:05 am

I have never cared much about individual stats, personally. It's all about winning. And I think the majority of fans would agree. That's probably why a lot of people blame Griffin, or say he had a horrible year. We went 3-10 with him as a starter. Most of the blame goes on the QB, unfortunately in the eyes of fans.

Hog

Postby FLWSkin » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:00 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:I have never cared much about individual stats, personally. It's all about winning. And I think the majority of fans would agree. That's probably why a lot of people blame Griffin, or say he had a horrible year. We went 3-10 with him as a starter. Most of the blame goes on the QB, unfortunately in the eyes of fans.

Those people need to watch the games again and learn about football. Special teams, esp. killed us. Rob did the best he could with his injury and no off season, but I will be blunt and say it is just plain STUPID to blame all of last year on Rob. It's just stupid and not true, and I'm just plain sick and tired of stupid and not true. Not directed at you, just in general.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:28 am

^^^ =D>
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:39 am

FLWSkin wrote:Those people need to watch the games again and learn about football. Special teams, esp. killed us. Rob did the best he could with his injury and no off season, but I will be blunt and say it is just plain STUPID to blame all of last year on Rob. It's just stupid and not true, and I'm just plain sick and tired of stupid and not true. Not directed at you, just in general.

I agree, and know it wasn't directed at me. Hindsight being 20/20, he shouldn't have started until after our bye week last year.

Hog

Postby FLWSkin » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:38 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:
FLWSkin wrote:Those people need to watch the games again and learn about football. Special teams, esp. killed us. Rob did the best he could with his injury and no off season, but I will be blunt and say it is just plain STUPID to blame all of last year on Rob. It's just stupid and not true, and I'm just plain sick and tired of stupid and not true. Not directed at you, just in general.

I agree, and know it wasn't directed at me. Hindsight being 20/20, he shouldn't have started until after our bye week last year.

I would have said at least week 8. I'd love to know what really happened behind closed doors there at Ashburn last year. I wish my dad had better hearing, he lives across the street from the practice dome at the Park, he might have heard something.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:10 pm

FLWSkin wrote:
StorminMormon86 wrote:I have never cared much about individual stats, personally. It's all about winning. And I think the majority of fans would agree. That's probably why a lot of people blame Griffin, or say he had a horrible year. We went 3-10 with him as a starter. Most of the blame goes on the QB, unfortunately in the eyes of fans.

Those people need to watch the games again and learn about football. Special teams, esp. killed us. Rob did the best he could with his injury and no off season, but I will be blunt and say it is just plain STUPID to blame all of last year on Rob. It's just stupid and not true, and I'm just plain sick and tired of stupid and not true. Not directed at you, just in general.

We were just all around BAD last year, top to bottom, there's no other way to put it. Seems like the further we get from last year though the more people seem to put the blame all on RGIII. We went 0-3 with Cousins as the starter. We were a mess last year.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:28 pm

the Redskins disastrous season was not due to any one person or to any section of the offense or defense - we had bad coaching and bad play from almost every segment

pointing to one player or individual is as silly as pointing to the weapons that Robert has and predicting a top 5 offense ...

the team will benefit from the new coaching staff & the new attitude - it's going to take time to build the quality depth we need
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:47 pm

SkinsJock wrote:pointing to one player or individual is as silly as pointing to the weapons that Robert has and predicting a top 5 offense ...

You're really stuck on that top 5 offense thing, aren't you??? Lol.

Its kind of hard to believe, but did you know the Redskins were ranked #9 in total offense last year?

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats? ... 447263-n=1

Do you predict the Redskins' offense will be better than they were last year? If so, you just predicted the Redskins will be AT LEAST a top EIGHT offense.

Predictions are just guesses either way. But its still not as "silly" as you're suggesting and not as outlandish as saying they will go from 3-13 to Super Bowl champs or something.

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:49 pm

Here's a legitimate question, and I'm not trying to start a debate one way or the other: if Griffin struggles for the first couple of weeks, do you think Gruden stays with him for 16 games, or do you think Gruden would make a switch at QB, and if so, how long do you think it will take?

Personally, I'm of the mind that Gruden will stay with him for all 16 games as long as Griffin remains healthy.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:59 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:Personally, I'm of the mind that Gruden will stay with him for all 16 games as long as Griffin remains healthy.

He'd have to really be sucking for Gruden to make the switch.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby OldSchool » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:02 pm

Changing the QB is in my opinion is Dan Snyder's decision, I think Snyder made it clear to Gruden when he was hired he was tasked with turning Griffin into a fully able NFL QB, giving the job to Cousins a Shanahan pick is not an option.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football