Shanahasn't and never will

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Re: Shanahasn't and never will

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:30 am

Not sure how much truth there is to this but I have heard that RGIII and the Shanahan's are not getting along. I am willing to bet that Danny Boy picks RGIII over Shanahan, anyone else heard this? It was on NFL and I think the post...I know where there is smoke there is fire, and during last Sunday's game when Helu missed that block and RGIII got sacked and he went to the sidelines it looked like he was cussing Kyle out. I wish I could read lips!!!

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:33 am

DaSkinz Baby wrote:Not sure how much truth there is to this but I have heard that RGIII and the Shanahan's are not getting along. I am willing to bet that Danny Boy picks RGIII over Shanahan, anyone else heard this? It was on NFL and I think the post...I know where there is smoke there is fire, and during last Sunday's game when Helu missed that block and RGIII got sacked and he went to the sidelines it looked like he was cussing Kyle out. I wish I could read lips!!!

I honestly believe there is some truth to this. Too many reports about dissention between them for it to be utterly false.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:08 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:
DaSkinz Baby wrote:Not sure how much truth there is to this but I have heard that RGIII and the Shanahan's are not getting along. I am willing to bet that Danny Boy picks RGIII over Shanahan, anyone else heard this? It was on NFL and I think the post...I know where there is smoke there is fire, and during last Sunday's game when Helu missed that block and RGIII got sacked and he went to the sidelines it looked like he was cussing Kyle out. I wish I could read lips!!!

I honestly believe there is some truth to this. Too many reports about dissention between them for it to be utterly false.

Who knows, but I agree that you do hear that a lot. Maybe some truth to it.

If you're in the mood for mindless speculation, this article last week on PFW was pretty interesting:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... rt-briles/
With the Redskins again at 3-6 and coach Mike Shanahan under contract only through 2014, it’s possible that Baylor wants to guard against an effort by owner Daniel Snyder to pair Briles with the quarterback who won the Heisman while playing at Baylor.

Yes, it’s all speculation. But Snyder has proven based on his past actions that it’s proper to wonder what he may be up to, given that he reportedly lined up Shanahan for the job while Jim Zorn still had it.

Briles’ new deal could be the result of Snyder already sniffing around. Or it could be that Baylor fears that Snyder eventually will make a play.

Absent a chance to scrutinize the new Briles contract, it may not matter. College coaches continue to leave for other colleges and NFL teams despite having long-term contracts in place. For now, the announcement of a new deal may be nothing more than a way to deal with questions Briles is getting from recruits about whether he’ll be leaving.

“I just signed a 10-year contract with Baylor!” Briles can now declare.

Even if he eventually signs a four-year contract with the Redskins.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:35 am

God, please no! No more college wannabes. Get Gruden, and be done with it.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:48 am

Deadskins wrote:God, please no! No more college wannabes. Get Gruden, and be done with it.

Gruden, Cowher or Smith would be upgrades......IMHO...

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:57 pm

I think the only way Mike is not here next season is if he decides he does not want to finish up what he started

Snyder knows that Bruce and Mike have done well in fixing the mess that he created

I'm not sure Snyder will make a change - there's a lot of reasons for the issues we're having and Mike and Bruce will be given another season IMHO
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "the things we’re doing are things he’s comfortable with & complement his strengths"

Postby skinsfan#33 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:33 am

I'm going to rant here for a second because I really think there are a lot of you here that know very little about football.

- is it the OC's or HC's fault if the QB misses a wide open receiver or the receiver drops the ball. I listen to Greg Cosell from NFL Films on "The Drive" every week and he basically says that most of the offensive problems are on the QB. RG3 is either throwing bad passes to or just not seeing wide open receivers. Yes, this was even true last week in Philly. He said on almost every passing play there was an open receiver, including the ill fated 3rd and 1. This is from a guy that knows more about football than all of us combined. So don't tell me the system isn't working. The execution of that system is the problem. The difference between this year and last year, in offense, is Griffin's play! Not the coaches.

- Some "brilliant person" here accused the coaches of using a Ferrari as a demolition derby car. That is just silly, they used a Ferrari as a Ferrari, they can't help it that the Ferrari drove its self into a dump truck and some pick up trucks.

- people here act like Kylec only has a job because of Mike. This is moronic! Kyle had the #1 passing game in Huston before coming here. He would have a job with our with it Mike. Look at this year, the team is#5 on offense with aQB that is playing poorly. Every good game they get out of Griffin, they either win or have a chance to win.

- Mike only had success with Steve Young or John Elway. Well neither of those two won a SB with out Mike either. They played for many years w/o him and never won a championship. They played with him as their coach for a few years each and they have a total of three SBs. Tom Landry never won anything w/o Roger the Dodger, same for Knoll/Bradshaw, Belicheat/Brady, or even Lombardi/Starr. So please give up those ridiculous "he never won anything with out" rants. You just sound stupid.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:04 am

skinsfan#33 wrote:I'm going to rant here for a second because I really think there are a lot of you here that know very little about football.

- is it the OC's or HC's fault if the QB misses a wide open receiver or the receiver drops the ball. I listen to Greg Cosell from NFL Films on "The Drive" every week and he basically says that most of the offensive problems are on the QB. RG3 is either throwing bad passes to or just not seeing wide open receivers. Yes, this was even true last week in Philly. He said on almost every passing play there was an open receiver, including the ill fated 3rd and 1. This is from a guy that knows more about football than all of us combined. So don't tell me the system isn't working. The execution of that system is the problem. The difference between this year and last year, in offense, is Griffin's play! Not the coaches.

- Some "brilliant person" here accused the coaches of using a Ferrari as a demolition derby car. That is just silly, they used a Ferrari as a Ferrari, they can't help it that the Ferrari drove its self into a dump truck and some pick up trucks.

- people here act like Kylec only has a job because of Mike. This is moronic! Kyle had the #1 passing game in Huston before coming here. He would have a job with our with it Mike. Look at this year, the team is#5 on offense with aQB that is playing poorly. Every good game they get out of Griffin, they either win or have a chance to win.

- Mike only had success with Steve Young or John Elway. Well neither of those two won a SB with out Mike either. They played for many years w/o him and never won a championship. They played with him as their coach for a few years each and they have a total of three SBs. Tom Landry never won anything w/o Roger the Dodger, same for Knoll/Bradshaw, Belicheat/Brady, or even Lombardi/Starr. So please give up those ridiculous "he never won anything with out" rants. You just sound stupid.

skinsfan#33 okay wait one minute, so what your post suggests is that this is all RGIII's fault? If you honestly think that then perhaps you don't have the smarts regarding football you think you do. First off yes some blame goes to RGIII THAT IS FACT! However the bulk of this teams problems are based on coaching or lack of it. As an example, prior to Mike getting fired from Denver he had how many number 1 picks on the defensive line when Courtney Brown was also on that team? Take a look at Denver's defensive team in say 2006. As a matter of fact other then when they had the orange crush when did Denver EVER HAVE A GOOD DEFENSE that Shanahan could be attached too? He comes here and decides to take the 4th ranked Defense and change it to a 3-4 where we had no 3-4 players. Then he hires of all people Jim Haslett who couldn't make it in New Orleans or St. Louis! and ever since Shanahan and Haslett has been here this defense has been ranked 28th thru 31st. But let me guess that RGIII's fault too right? Let's talk about Shanahan hiring Keith Burns as the Special Teams coach, and how have they played this year? That too is the Ferrari driving itself into a tank too right? [-X Now lastly let's go to Mikes son Kyle that arrogant little twit who had problems running the ball in Houston and when he left that offense GOT BETTER and RAN THE BALL!!!! Now for the final nail in the coffin Mike Shanahan has not done nothing since John Elway retired, that is a cold hard bitter pill that you must swallow. Now has RGIII sucked this year? compared to last year YES HE HAS, Has he drank his own kool aid? I would say yes, but you don't mortgage everything on a player, and turn your offense into an offense that your franchise rookie QB thrives in, to turn around the next year and try to turn him into something he isn't, a drop back passer, let's also go with Mike still starting Chris Chester and Tyler Polumbus! Those two are the worst and I am sorry no way your going to tell me that Compton, or Gettis or LeRibeus could be any worse then them two! Let's go with them not being smart enough to put Reed and Davis on the field at the same time! Sorry this whole coaching staff is so inept it's mind boggling how people are still going to side with them, or blame one player for the pathetic, product being placed on the field week in and week out because of pathetic coaching, pathetic play calling.......At this point I can't do nothing but [-o< for you and hope Snyder rids us of this entire pathetic coaching staff...........

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:10 am

Hey skinsfan#33 I seem to not be the only one that knows what he is talking about. Check out the link:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/re ... story.html

But again this is RGIII running himself into dumptrucks, pickup trucks and bad pot holes right??? [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X

He was GREAT ... with Elway. 39-9
Of course, Elway made Reeves look good also.

W/out John, one playoff win. Also, 98-126 to date w/out John with Raiders, Skins and Broncos. 24-35 in DC with zero playoff wins in 4 years. Norv was 49-59-1, thus (only) 10 games under .500 in DC. Go figure, Shanny is actually 11 games under .500 in DC and some want him to stay - lol

Shanny and Norv are the same. They both lucked into super talent in SF and Dallas as offensive coordinators.
The difference is ... Shanny then inherited a HOF QB that was already winning, then made them better. While Norv never had a HOF QB as a head coach, thugs lost.

Shanahan got fired in Denver by an owner who seemed to consider him a friend. He was also fired in Oakland (people tend to forget about that) after a season and a half of losing football and outright stubborness. He came to Washington and hitched his wagon to McNabb, Beck and Grossman. He forced the 3-4 defense on a team that wasn't built for it. Then he sold the farm to draft RG3 and had his son come up with a gimmick offense that worked for a grand total of one season. I will credit him for a good running game. He does have a knack for finding and developing great backs, which would be fine if he were the runningbacks coach, but he's not.

Dude is overrated, terrible with the media and fans, and should not be here beyond next year. No more excuses. His history and record aren't that impressive to prolong this endeavor beyond four years. Heck, even Joe Gibbs II got a less talented, somewhat dysfunctional team into the playoffs twice in four years after being out of the game for a decade and a half. Shanny probably isn't going to do that in 5,6 or 7 years. Last year was a fluke and going back to the norm shows that.

What we sometimes forget in the heat of passion for the game, is that these types of decisions:
--Recruiting and hiring an executive team
--Allowing or banning neoptism
--Employee conduct (5 players suspended for drug abuse ?)
--Game and clock management
--Ability to rapidly adjust to changing circumstances
--Communication with employees and the public
--Cheating or failing to play by the rules (salary cap)
--Demanding consistent and top grade performance of the enterprise
--Employee welfare; physical and mental
--Work environment and workforce preparation and training
--Vision and strategic planning

These are individually and collectively determinators of managerial skills and competence. That's what a CEO is paid the big bucks to do. Coaching is merely workforce training and development.

Mike Shanahan was not hired to be another coach but to be the franchise CEO.

Based upon the previously-listed crteria, no successful business enterprise would give the current CEO passing grades. Will it change in one year ? Not likely.

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:01 am

skinsfan#33 wrote:I'm going to rant here for a second because I really think there are a lot of you here that know very little about football.

I agree with everything you've said. Kyle Shanahan got little to no praise last year on our 7 game win streak. Now people are calling for his head, continuing to shift blame away from Griffin.

Hog

Postby DaSkinz Baby » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:12 am

StorminMormon86 wrote:

I agree with everything you've said. Kyle Shanahan got little to no praise last year on our 7 game win streak. Now people are calling for his head, continuing to shift blame away from Griffin.

Last year was nothing more than a fluke, even a broken clock is right twice a day. out of 4 years one playoff birth, and that is with the NFL Offensive Rookie of the year. Let's not forget year one, two or this year. Darn right I am calling for Kyles head, testicles and everything else, along with his fathers. Get them pathetic arrogant pieces of crap outta here before they both are responsible for destroying the careers of Morris and Griffin..........

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:41 am

count me in the iScrub and DaSkinz 'club' - we need our coaching staff to do their jobs better

We have all seen the missed tackles and bad play by the defensive players - we have also seen the missed passes and bad play by the offensive players

BUT

the coaches are responsible for correcting the mistakes and helping the players not make bad plays

The QB was injured … he underwent surgery and the Dr and Robert agreed he was ready and able to play QB again - Mike would not have risked his QB if he was not
THEN
The NFL made it clear to the coaches that in 2013, the refs were going to allow hits on QBs that they might not have called in 2012 - if a QB looked like a runner he could be tackled (and hit hard) even though he did not have the ball …
Mike and Kyle decided that the new 'rule' PLUS the fact that they had a QB recovering from a (normally) devastating injury would mean that they were going to change the way they ran the offense …
Robert is still getting acclimated to this and seems to be getting better handling the offense each week
the offensive line is an issue but we have Mike and Kyle Shanahan here - these guys are meant to be really good at getting more out of their O line - they also have a bunch of really good players (QB, RB, TE, WRs & LT PLUS a TE weapon in Davis they don't use for some reason)
the offense is doing well but we have made a lot of mistakes in game calling (getting away from the run game) - partly due to bad play but also poor coaching

I understand that Haslett is the DC but we all know that Mike has been VERY involved with 'helping' with the defense this season - this has not been good at all despite the return of some perceived playmakers - this failure to execute, and make tackles is partly on the players but it is also on the coaching too

all that being said … I think that this group will get another year here …. :shock:
ONLY because the FO of Bruce and Mike have done a good job and the salary cap BS really hurt the rebuilding process
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "the things we’re doing are things he’s comfortable with & complement his strengths"

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:48 am

SkinsJock wrote:count me in the iScrub and DaSkinz 'club'

:shock:
I don't think you want to be a member of that club.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:53 am

btw - we did win the NFC East last season … however, the failure to live up to expectations this season is on everyone

as the saying goes - the man in charge gets the kudos and he gets the blame

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:01 am

Deadskins wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:count me in the iScrub and DaSkinz 'club'

:shock:
I don't think you want to be a member of that club.

I'm not - I'm just pointing out that the players have not played as well as they are capable (OR to the level we have come to expect)

this failure to perform is due to the HC, the OC and the DC

EVERYONE needs to step up and be accountable - EVERYONE

EVERYONE needs to do their jobs as well as they are capable - EVERYONE

that is NOT happening and the guys in charge need to ensure it happens

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football