Shanahasn't and never will

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Re: Shanahasn't and never will

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:37 pm

I agree Ray. I never wanted Shanahan to begin with and as Deadskins pointed out saying that John Elway couldn't have done it without Shanahn is a joke to me and him. He carried those Superbowl teams. We have what we have, and I for one am sick and tired of getting a new regime in here all the time. I say ride it out. There is only a year left even if he gets resigned. I wanted John Gruden. He wasn't available. He could come in and use what we have and be successful, add some players and get rid of some. Shanahan did revamp our scouting department and get us younger. Coaching is an issue for sure. I just hate throwing in the towel when he has always had one arm tied behind his back.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:05 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:I agree Ray. I never wanted Shanahan to begin with and as Deadskins pointed out saying that John Elway couldn't have done it without Shanahn is a joke to me and him. He carried those Superbowl teams. We have what we have, and I for one am sick and tired of getting a new regime in here all the time. I say ride it out. There is only a year left even if he gets resigned. I wanted John Gruden. He wasn't available. He could come in and use what we have and be successful, add some players and get rid of some. Shanahan did revamp our scouting department and get us younger. Coaching is an issue for sure. I just hate throwing in the towel when he has always had one arm tied behind his back.

Good post, and I agree with most of it. (Terrell Davis had a lot to do with the Broncos' SB though. I don't see how you can argue against Shanahan and his record of results with RBs like Davis.)

I think Snyder has to take a look at what we do over the rest of this season with regards to Shanahan. We're a young team, haven't been killed by injuries this season, and our franchise QB is getting healthier. We should be winning some games. Does the team keep playing the rest of the way out? Do they turn on the coaches? I think that stuff makes a difference.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:11 pm

I was talking pre Shanahan (head coach) with Denver making a couple of super presences. Also, I will add... Shanahans zone blocking scheme is supposed to wear teams down. This is hard for me to see. I always preferred the smash mouth type because, not only is it humiliating but also, they generally pass block well too. So far other than the running I am not impressed with the zone scheme. It does rack up yards though. I give him kudos for that.
Last edited by Kilmer72 on Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

||||||

Postby EA7649 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:29 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... --nfl.html

I'm curious if more teammates agree with rg3?

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:35 pm

EA7649 wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/robert-griffin-iii-calling-redskins-game-planning-160802231--nfl.html

He is arrogant and self righteous. IMO

Maybe they do, but he really should keep things in house.

Oh and Clinton Portis did the same thing to JG. The difference was Joe being the HF coach he was quelled that sufficiently.

||||||

Postby EA7649 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:40 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:
EA7649 wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/robert-griffin-iii-calling-redskins-game-planning-160802231--nfl.html

I agree for the most part. He has had a problem with the coaching staff ever since he first got hurt. He is the franchise quarterback, its mostly going to go his way.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:04 pm

I doubt that RG3 is not respectful of his position as a player and his coaches …

that is how he has been brought up and I doubt that he's changed at all

I'm sure there are many who are trying to make him out to be something he's not My 2 cents.
Jay Gruden "eventually we will turn it around" I have faith in Gruden and I still think he can get things straightened out - we have a lot of work to do and it will be interesting to see how many players are willing to tough it out

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:13 pm

SkinsJock wrote:I doubt that RG3 is not respectful of his position as a player and his coaches …

that is how he has been brought up and I doubt that he's changed at all

I'm sure there are many who are trying to make him out to be something he's not My 2 cents.

If you don't believe that he (Robert) hasn't tried to throw his coaches under the buss that is fine. There are many as you say, meaning lots, that see him being a bit of a prema donna. Sorry. I wish it wasn't so. I like the guy and I think he is going to be great too. I also have to admit his personality flaws.

If he wasn't ours, I would have a problem with him. Seeing as he is, I can except it as what it is. He is young. He will learn and grow.

I grew up as a military brat too. That doesn't mean I can't be a prick. It does mean seeing as I came to this country as a 2 and a half year old, and lived over seas for many more years, that I do have some people skills and respect for our forces and family values. There is a huge difference from what you might be alluding to. I think he is generally a great kid. He is young. The young learn and grow. This is life.

Hog

Postby oneman56 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:23 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:

Oh and Clinton Portis did the same thing to JG. The difference was Joe being the HF coach he was quelled that sufficiently.

The article mentions London and Brandon has having said similar comments so i think that answers your question. Also, are they now self righteous for similar comments?

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:28 pm

oneman56 wrote:
Kilmer72 wrote:

The article mentions London and Brandon has having said similar comments so i think that answers your question. Also, are they now self righteous for similar comments?

To answer your question no. Not at all. How about how he wasn't being used properly? How about he doesn't need anyone to tell him how to play in this league?

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:47 pm

I realise that the older I get I don't know squat. I thought I knew. I have learned that the older you get, life experiences tell you a few things. You don't know much at all. You do get wisdom. When you are young and on top of the physical world, then you tend to believe you do know more than others, and the others don't know squat because they are old school. No matter what, we all grow and evolve into the more perfect man or woman.(well most theoretically) When this happens we usually understand our forthcomings and issues.

Hog

Postby oneman56 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:55 pm

I'm sure he has some growing up to do, most of us do. If you think he's self righteous for other comments he's made then fair enough. From the comment I was quoting, I took that as your conclusion because he was stating the Eagles were one step ahead in the article cited.

Postby skinsfan#33 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:25 pm

Deadskins wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:That is what gets me when people say Shanny has never won anything w/o Elway, because the same is true for Elway never winning anything w/o Shanny.

Well, that's not really true is it? Let's be honest, all Elway hadn't won was the SB. He had been twice before under Reeves, but got pounded by NFC East teams. This is akin to saying Jim Kelly or Marv Levy never won anything.

Elway went to and lost three SBs, you forgot his beat down by the 49ers. While I agree with what you said I have to disagree too. It all depends on what you consider "hasn't won anything". When people are talking about Shanny post Elway not winning anything they can only be talking about one of two things. No playoff wins or no SB wins. If they mean no SB wins then I stand by my comment. If they mean no playoff wins then I have to point out that Elway hadn't won a playoff game in three years prior to Shanny.

Anyway, I don't believe Shanny has never won anything with out Elway just like I don't believe Elway never won anything with out Shanny. Either statement is just plain stupid and more importantly incorrect.

However the facts are Shanny built the team that Elway led to the SBs that Elway ended up being victorious in.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:38 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:That is what gets me when people say Shanny has never won anything w/o Elway, because the same is true for Elway never winning anything w/o Shanny.

Well, that's not really true is it? Let's be honest, all Elway hadn't won was the SB. He had been twice before under Reeves, but got pounded by NFC East teams. This is akin to saying Jim Kelly or Marv Levy never won anything.

Elway went to and lost three SBs, you forgot his beat down by the 49ers. While I agree with what you said I have to disagree too. It all depends on what you consider "hasn't won anything". When people are talking about Shanny post Elway not winning anything they can only be talking about one of two things. No playoff wins or no SB wins. If they mean no SB wins then I stand by my comment. If they mean no playoff wins then I have to point out that Elway hadn't won a playoff game in three years prior to Shanny.

Anyway, I don't believe Shanny has never won anything with out Elway just like I don't believe Elway never won anything with out Shanny. Either statement is just plain stupid and more importantly incorrect.

However the facts are Shanny built the team that Elway led to the SBs that Elway ended up being victorious in.

Well now that you put it that way.... I was thinking that you meant Shanahan was responsible for Elway winning anything as in being the best and couldn't be without Shanahan. Not that all the conference championships weren't included. Now that we have that deciphered, we now have a totally different view point. Never mind when I said Orakpo was a DE when we got him and you said he was drafted as a DE/LB. I mean if we are going for tit for tat then you have to man up like I did. He put his hands down in the dirt man.

piggie

Postby Bishop Hammer » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:47 pm

SkinsJock wrote:I think that Mike is going to be here next season but I doubt that Haslett will be and I'm sure that Burns will not be …

I'm really disappointed that we have not seen this group play as well together as they are capable - not sure if that is on the coaching staff, but …

coaches do not throw the ball badly or tackle badly …. ;furious;

Hate to say it but Haslett might be back next year. Unless Shanny stumbles upon some unkown position/assistant coach who is the next Dick LeBeau and just needed a chance to show his stuff. I don't see any big name DC or hot prospect coming to a defensive unit with little to no talent for a coach who only has one year left on his contract (with a real possibility of not coming back the following year).

And there is no one in house who looks any better. And yes that includes Morris. Especially him!
I don't have to sell my soul,
He's already in me,
I don't need to sell my soul,
He's already in me.
I wanna be adored
I wanna be adored.

Stone Roses
I wanna be adored

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football