Bolts @ FedEx Pregame

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
DarthMonk

Bolts @ FedEx Pregame

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:46 am

What must we do to take this game?

Defense: Seems like the best way to go against these vet QBs is to play man-to-man and bring pressure. Playing zone coverage just allows them to pick us apart. Also, we seem to have some ball hawks. It's risky but it seems like the best way.

Offense: I'm not as pissed at Kyle as many here are. He called some plays last week that were open and either Griff threw to the the wrong guy while someone was streaking downfield uncovered, or Griff threw a terrible pass, or Griff hit the right guy and he dropped it. Part of running well is setting up big play opportunities. We left those opportunities on the field. I blame execution way more than the play calls. Run well. Take the shots. Hit them when they are open. Execute like last year. Griff was the most accurate passer in the league most of last year. He is smart. That QB still exists. He needs to find the poise that still lives within him.

Specials: I want to see D Hall return punts. If nothing else, he'll field the ball when he should. This man is dangerous and everyone else seems to suck. We also have to be much better on coverage. Meanwhile, the rest of the league seems to get a lot of touchbacks while we have to resort to directional kicks and squibs. SMH here. If that's how it has to be, go with the squibs. Directionals that go OB and give them the ball at the 40 flat out suck.

We can do this but we can't make so many damn mistakes in execution.
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

JSPB22

Re: Bolts @ FedEx Pregame

Postby Deadskins » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:01 am

Moss should be returning kicks, since he's not contributing from his regular position. Hall getting injured on a return would be devastating.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:14 am

Deadskins wrote:Moss should be returning kicks, since he's not contributing from his regular position. Hall getting injured on a return would be devastating.

This is true though I think Moss getting injured would be more likely. I wouldn't mind seeing them take turns. You mean punts, right?

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:16 am

I keep hearing how well our offense is going to do against the Chargers D, but wasn't the Broncos passing D ranked dead last in all of the NFL? I am scared of Phillip Rivers, and I don't even know why.

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:02 pm

StorminMormon86 wrote:I keep hearing how well our offense is going to do against the Chargers D, but wasn't the Broncos passing D ranked dead last in all of the NFL? I am scared of Phillip Rivers, and I don't even know why.

Code: Select all
PLAYER   POS   TEAM   G   ATT   ATT/G   CMP   PCT   YDS   YDS/G   LNG   TD   INT   SCK   SCKYL   RATING

9 Rivers  QB     SD       7   249    35.6     184    73.9   2132 304.6     56    15    5     11      73         111.1

Let's mess him up.

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:45 pm

DarthMonk wrote:You mean punts, right?

Both.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football