Postgame thread: Redskins take down Bears

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby BearSkins » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:36 pm

Tip of the cap to the Skins. Our D struggled to stop your O all day long and that was pitiful to see for a team that traditionally hangs it's hat on great defence. Skins could have had me at RB and that D still couldn't have pulled out a stop. hopefully Mel Tucker won't be the coordinator too much longer.

Good luck the rest of the way
It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom – for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.

Hog

Postby Snout » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:11 am

This team is going to give me a heart attack.

The defense is still terrible. Somehow in the pit of my stomach I knew we were not going to stop them on their last when they scored a touchdown. At least now our offense has finally started to improve, so we have a chance to win if the game becomes a shootout.

How can the defense be so bad even though most players are healthy, we clearly win the time of possession, and the other side is using a backup quarterback?

Even so, I am grateful for the win.

Re: Postgame thread: Redskins take down Bears

Postby skinsfan#33 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:09 am

emoses14 wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:
- I hate to say it, but London has just about hit E on his gas tank. More than a couple of blown plays that I could see. I'm already thinking we should go MLB with our highest draft pick.

If the BPA is a ILB then I might agree. However, I wonder if a Rob Jackson could make the switch from OLB to ILB.

Irn-Bru wrote:- We need a new punter and a remake of our special teams for next year.

I agree with this and you previous post about DHall.

ln-bru wrote:- I cannot wait for a secondary that doesn't feature Merriweather or Doughty as starters.

I agree with you on Merriweather but not Daughty. I would like to have a secondary where he isn't the best option start, but I love the guy! He almost never plays poorly, is almost a always where he should be, and is one of the surest talkers on the team. He is just physically limited and would make a great back up.

Well, I think Doughty does play poorly in so far as he is limited physically, and talent wise. I agree with you main point that I don't mind him on the team so long as we dont have to rely on him as a starter. But I don't think we can in one breath recognize that london is done but pretend Reed isn't. He is. I'll be happier, at this point, when both those guys are coaching for us, not playing for us. I assume both would make good coaches of course.

Funny, I thought Reed had a solid game today.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Postby skinsfan#33 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:10 am

[quote="emoses14"][quote="skinsfan#33"][quote="Irn-Bru"]

-
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Hog

Postby StorminMormon86 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:12 am

Don't get the hate on Doughty, thought he had a good game. DHall had an awesome game too. Merriweather...idiot. Our D started off decent and then faltered when Cutler went out. Offense looked great (besides the INT and the early fumble), but I wish we wouldn't have to score 45 points to win a game! Griffin looked his best all year and the closest I've seen to his 2012 form. Just wish he would slide more.

Hog

Postby grampi » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:48 am

Snout wrote:This team is going to give me a heart attack.

The defense is still terrible. Somehow in the pit of my stomach I knew we were not going to stop them on their last when they scored a touchdown. At least now our offense has finally started to improve, so we have a chance to win if the game becomes a shootout.

How can the defense be so bad even though most players are healthy, we clearly win the time of possession, and the other side is using a backup quarterback?

Even so, I am grateful for the win.

I was worried that 33 seconds was too much time to give the Bear's O as bad as our D is...

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:09 am

FWIW - The Redskins defense is ranked higher in Total Defense than any other team in the NFC East :shock:

talk about misleading stats :lol:
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:23 am

SkinsJock wrote:FWIW - The Redskins defense is ranked higher in Total Defense than any other team in the NFC East :shock:

talk about misleading stats :lol:

Well, in total yards allowed over the 2 games before chicago (I didn't look up where they are now), they were number 1 in the league. It could also simply be that we fans over exaggerate how bad our team is comparatively speaking to the rest of the league.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:24 am

I love Doughty. And yes, he had a pretty good game. No hate here.

I just don't think he should be a long-term starter, and for the last few years he has been. I see that as a personnel hole on the team.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:32 am

skinsfan#33 wrote:
emoses14 wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:
- I hate to say it, but London has just about hit E on his gas tank. More than a couple of blown plays that I could see. I'm already thinking we should go MLB with our highest draft pick.

If the BPA is a ILB then I might agree. However, I wonder if a Rob Jackson could make the switch from OLB to ILB.

Irn-Bru wrote:- We need a new punter and a remake of our special teams for next year.

I agree with this and you previous post about DHall.

ln-bru wrote:- I cannot wait for a secondary that doesn't feature Merriweather or Doughty as starters.

I agree with you on Merriweather but not Daughty. I would like to have a secondary where he isn't the best option start, but I love the guy! He almost never plays poorly, is almost a always where he should be, and is one of the surest talkers on the team. He is just physically limited and would make a great back up.

Well, I think Doughty does play poorly in so far as he is limited physically, and talent wise. I agree with you main point that I don't mind him on the team so long as we dont have to rely on him as a starter. But I don't think we can in one breath recognize that london is done but pretend Reed isn't. He is. I'll be happier, at this point, when both those guys are coaching for us, not playing for us. I assume both would make good coaches of course.

Funny, I thought Reed had a solid game today.

He did. Today. Not taking anything away from him or yesterday.

But he is not a consistent 16 game starter. That isn't a knock, its just (my opinion of) reality. As a back up, no problem. Special Teams ace, he can stick around for even longer. But I don't like him being the starter week in, week out.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:41 am

Reed Doughty does what he does based on pure desire, intelligence, and an understanding that the fundamentals are everything. Were he playing in the 60's or 70's, before the NFL started emasculating defenses, he would have been a perpetual candidate for all pro. Unfortunately, is a player out of time. We should be thanking him for being here, when all these players with superior talent drop out because they can't focus, can't learn, can't follow-through... it's certainly not his fault that none of these players can beat him out of a job.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:46 am

Irn-Bru wrote:I love Doughty. And yes, he had a pretty good game. No hate here.

I just don't think he should be a long-term starter, and for the last few years he has been. I see that as a personnel hole on the team.

Probably true. Its also one of those cap penalty issues we're dealing with.

Doughty was good yesterday though. It really hurt us when he went out.

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:47 am

Monday feels so much better after a win.

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby rskin72 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:57 am

Good win, good to see the O finally step up to the plate. Robert had his best game this season.....and should quiet critics for at least a week. Reed is a stud....ashame that something apparently is amiss with Davis as think the tandem would give D's fits.

ST continues to give up big plays. Morgan is not the answer as a returner....heck, he made arguably poor decisions in several punt returns as to when to fair catch, and when to let the ball go. Additionally, he is far from the speediest or most elusive player on the field.

Our D looked stout in the first half, then let a backup QB look like the second coming of Dan Marino in the second half. At least the next QB we face is not a mobile threat.....

Good game, good win, now onto Denver.
A winning effort begins with preparation.
Failures are expected by losers, ignored by winners.

Quotes by Joe Gibbs

Hog

Postby gushogs » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:25 am

StorminMormon86 wrote: Merriweather...idiot. Our D started off decent and then faltered when Cutler went out.

I was thinking the same thing yesterday. IMO this is a coaches fault, team prepares a game plan and seem clueless if something changes. I don´t know how many coordinators and asistant coaches the team has, but they have to be ready to face different apporaches to every game.

8 lead changes yesterday almost blew my blood pressure and ulcers. In the 4th quarter had to leave the house and finished watching the game in the neighborhood bar... not good for the liver either!!!!

Great win. As someones said before, nothing like a Monday after a SKINS W.

HaiL,
Enough of this name change sh*t!!!
Get politicians out of office. Then they'll forget about the REDSKINS, because they'll be WORKING!!!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football